Schefter: Bears high on Gary Kubiak per sources

adam

Ya, I really think he's stout enough to handle it, and remember Ratliff played the nose under Phillips as well.

Looking at Wades 2011 D that ranked 2nd, the NT on that team was Shaun Cody who was listed at 6'4" 294.

As for other positions I really think we'd be in the same boat but instead of a MLB (I happen to think Bostic/Jones would be a solid ILB combo) we would be looking at an OLB....and that's if they don't wanna give SMC, Washington, Bass, or maybe even Allen( who would otherwise be cut) a shot opppsite of Young. Actually, in a transition year, it might make some sense to give one of those guys a shot vs grabbing an early rounder.

But ya we would still need a corner and a safety regardless.

That OLB could come in the draft in the name of Shane Ray.

Don't know why, but gut feeling: Adam Gase is the next HC of the Chicago Bears.

I think if they were to hire Kubiak, I would rather they just hire Shanahan.

The problem with Shanahan is he really hasn't done anything since John Elway retired 20 years ago. His defense and special teams have been a mess.

That being said, I'd be good with us hiring him, mainly because he's not an absolute boob.

The problem with Shanahan is he really hasn't done anything since John Elway retired 20 years ago. His defense and special teams have been a mess.

That being said, I'd be good with us hiring him, mainly because he's not an absolute boob.

Either guy is fine. I would prefer Shanahan slightly over Kubiak because he runs the more run heavy scheme, which is conducive to Chicago weather. I think the fact that he's won 2 superbowls helps, even if they were a long time ago.

Kubiak coached 125 games over 8 years at Houston. Most are wanting a head coach with experience. It's not going to be Gruden or Cower. If Pace feels Kubiak is the guy, I'm good with it.

Peace :dabears

Let me preface that I actually like the guy as a candidate for HC. BUT his overall record during that time is 63-66 (you didn't count the four playoff games he coached). Not really eye-popping. Unless you consider the previous two years before he was fired he was 22-10 to include a 2-2 record in the playoffs. What, other than his health, was differnt that last year?pp

Let me preface that I actually like the guy as a candidate for HC. BUT his overall record during that time is 63-66 (you didn't count the four playoff games he coached). Not really eye-popping. Unless you consider the previous two years before he was fired he was 22-10 to include a 2-2 record in the playoffs. What, other than his health, was differnt that last year?pp

Case Keenum having to start 8 games where he went 0-8 sure didn't help him. Throwing 5 pick 6s in 4 weeks also doesnt help.

Also as far as his overall record goes, ya gotta realize he took over a 2-14 team.

Let's be honest. When hiring, no one is going to get a HC that just won the Super Bowl. You will either get an unknown commodity in a coordinator like Arians, a re-tread hoping to pull a Billicheck, or a stellar college mind that one hopes is like Harbaugh or Kelly. It's all a gamble. There will always be a doubt. My friend from NE was pissed when they hired Billicheck...at first.

As long as the chosen one isn't some complete left field guy from the Austrailian rules football club..I.'ll feel that the brain trust, set up w/ Accorsi's guidance, has chosen a guy that has a chance to be legit. I'll give him all the support he needs. But, if I see he isn't getting it done, then I'll shout for his ouster. Until then, I'm simply on board.

:dabears

Understood. But Im sure you understand my point.

The way Kubiak executed such a tremendous game plan against both Pittsburgh and New England really impressed me. I would be more than okay with this hire. If they hire him, its not to cater to Cutler, its simply because he is the best guy out there for this team. Lets face it, we are stuck with Jay for one more season so we just need to suck it up. If for some odd reason, Jay excels under Kubiaks system, then the Bears benefit because they can then keep him on board OR trade him next off-season as his value would have increased. The reality of the situation is that the Bears have so many holes, talent wise on the defensive side of the ball that they would be lucky to reach 8 wins next year. We need to think long term and I do believe that Kubiak can be great long term as he can successfully groom a rookie QB into the NFL in 2016 (assuming Jay leaves).

If Kubiak gets hired, one name to look for in regards to being the DC is Seattle Seahawks Linebacker Coach- Ray Norton Jr. He has worked with Pete Carroll since 2010- so he knows the Legion of Boom defensive mentality. He also has previous played on the 49ers when Kubiak was the QB coach for Steve Young back in the 90's.

Stay tuned... we may have a new HC in a few days!

Let's be honest. When hiring, no one is going to get a HC that just won the Super Bowl. You will either get an unknown commodity in a coordinator like Arians, a re-tread hoping to pull a Billicheck, or a stellar college mind that one hopes is like Harbaugh or Kelly. It's all a gamble. There will always be a doubt. My friend from NE was pissed when they hired Billicheck...at first.

As long as the chosen one isn't some complete left field guy from the Austrailian rules football club..I.'ll feel that the brain trust, set up w/ Accorsi's guidance, has chosen a guy that has a chance to be legit. I'll give him all the support he needs. But, if I see he isn't getting it done, then I'll shout for his ouster. Until then, I'm simply on board.

This 100%

With Kubiak staying in Baltimore, anyone else getting that déjà vu feeling all over again? Back when the Bears tried hiring McGinniis and that fiasco?

No, a media twitter stated they were pushing hard to get Kubiak, all they did was request an interview.

The media twitter injected his opinion into the request to interview, there is no facts to suggest Pace was hot after Kubiak.

That's where Im coming from also.