John Fox leaving the Broncos

'TD'

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So Jay Glazer and John Fox are extremely good friends and beyond Glazer basically saying everyone is all in on this, there are now reports that Fox leaked to Chicago during the bye week (specifically Chicago) that he was interested in the job. No idea if that was true (or if he leaked that to other teams with openings around the league). Could very well be that he told Ernie, hey, don't forget me. I would love to come to Chicago (with the right fit) knowing that Ernie, who he respects a lot, was at least involved in the process.

I think tomorrow Bears will get Fox and we will all be happy!

Per Dan Bernstein and Terry Boers. We each have a different source in bears, and told them all in on Fox. Looks like the Bears are going after John Fox hard

Dan Berstein also Tweeted he would be surprised if Fox pushed for Kyle Shanahan as his offensive coordinator. I have no complaints with that. We have a good quarterback who cannot win games by himself. Push the run game the way the Cowboys did this year.

You have to remember, I largely liked Lovie. I never disagreed that it was time for a new voice but I liked him. Only thing I can really fault him for is getting too much say in roster decisions. Had it not been for that, I think we'd have won a superbowl. Lovie can coach but he certainly can't scout.

I felt the same way about Lovie. We were ALWAYS competitive with him. Granted he had trouble getting over the hump, but damn we were right there.

My only concern when we fired him was that we would become a perennial loser. The funny part is, after Trestman's first year, optimism was very high that we'd made the right move.

John Fox is a competent head coach. That is a HUGE upgrade over Trestman.

So Jay Glazer and John Fox are extremely good friends and beyond Glazer basically saying everyone is all in on this, there are now reports that Fox leaked to Chicago during the bye week (specifically Chicago) that he was interested in the job. No idea if that was true (or if he leaked that to other teams with openings around the league). Could very well be that he told Ernie, hey, don't forget me. I would love to come to Chicago (with the right fit) knowing that Ernie, who he respects a lot, was at least involved in the process.

I think tomorrow Bears will get Fox and we will all be happy!

Do you actually think we'd announce it tomorrow? I have a feeling that one way or another, we're going to be waiting.

Dan Berstein also Tweeted he would be surprised if Fox pushed for Kyle Shanahan as his offensive coordinator. I have no complaints with that. We have a good quarterback who cannot win games by himself. Push the run game the way the Cowboys did this year.

Oh Jesus, a Shanahan? I hope it's just rumor and speculation, but it's being reported from Denver sources too. I seriously can't take another Cutler reboot.

Oh Jesus, a Shanahan? I hope it's just rumor and speculation, but it's being reported from Denver sources too. I seriously can't take another Cutler reboot.

That just means we'd have a zone-blocking run first scheme, more QB roll-outs and less emphasis on the significance of the quarterback. Isn't that a good thing?

That just means we'd have a zone-blocking run first scheme, more QB roll-outs and less emphasis on the significance of the quarterback. Isn't that a good thing?

Depends on the QB. Guess we'll have to wait and see if it's even true. There have been a lot of wrong information leaked about the Bears this offseason.

Depends on the QB. Guess we'll have to wait and see if it's even true. There have been a lot of wrong information leaked about the Bears this offseason.

At least 1/3 of the teams in the league have a starting QB worse than Jay Cutler. Probably closer to half. Jay's been a dissappointment yet he's still the best QB in franchise history. And we owe him a lot of money. It always comes down to, "Who is going to replace him?" The free agents suck and the rookies are unimpressive.

I have no qualms about Cutler for another year as I don't see next year as a championship contention season anyways. The Bears are in rebuild mode, with or without Cutler. I just hope they draft a quarterback this year and next year for the eventual release of Jay in the future. The FA QB's all suck.

Talks of Kyle Shannahan as OC if Fox is hired. Not sure how I feel about him.

Zone offense emphasizes more of shifting laterally in the passing game and pretty much plug and play any RB for success. From what I heard the big disagreement between Fox and Elway was Fox wanting to do more running later in the season. Given how limp noodled Manning was looking it made sense to go back to the run. With Forte passing his plateau soon it would be good to have him be able to share the load.

You'll get the zone run scheme that comes with a Shanahan offense. That's why I like the move if it happened. This team needs to get back to being more balanced.

Live the zone blocking scheme......just not sure about Kyle..... Was was not good and now Cleveland....... Both Franchises are retarded, just would hope it was the team and not Kyle

Live the zone blocking scheme......just not sure about Kyle..... Was was not good and now Cleveland....... Both Franchises are retarded, just would hope it was the team and not Kyle

He's been an OC for 7 years, in 4 of those his teams had a top 10 O. In Cleveland Brian Hoyer was his Qb, they missed Josh Gordon for pretty much the whole year, and their pro bowl TE Jordan Cameron missed half the season as well. Kinda tough to have success there.

Kyle Shannahan

2014 = Cleveland

2013 - 2010 = Washington

2008 - 2009 = Houston

Pts

2014 27 (Hoyer)

2013 23 (Griffin)

2012 4 (Griffin)

2011 26 (Grossman)

2010 25 (McNabb)

2009 10 (Schaub)

2008 17 (Schaub)

Yds

2014 23 (Hoyer)

2013 9 (Griffin)

2012 5 (Griffin)

2011 16 (Grossman)

2010 18 (McNabb)

2009 4 (Schaub)

2008 3 (Schaub)

One thing I'll give Kyle credit is he didn't exactly have a lot of talent to work with and if I look at the offensive rankings and consider who his QB was, I'm largely impressed with the general performance of his offenses. He is widely regarded as being an extremely bright offensive mind and I do in general really like the Shanny style offense (Shanny (Sr. / Jr.) and Kubiak). Heavy emphasis on the running game, bootlegs, play action, etc. I think the general perception against Kyle if you are a Bear fan is I think everyone hears Shanny and thinks we are catering to Jay.

However, when you take a step back and consider his accolades and the general views of him around the league (including fact that he was considered for a HC job this year), he would be a pretty big upgrade over most of the offensive guys we have had during the past 10 years.

Those offenses aren't really impressive to me.

On another not, John Fox is one tough SOB. I was watching some of his interviews, and there was one with him and Pete Carroll before the Super Bowl. He was talking about his open heart surgery and compared it to a sprained ankle, with a 4 week return to normalcy.

Those offenses aren't really impressive to me.

On another not, John Fox is one tough SOB. I was watching some of his interviews, and there was one with him and Pete Carroll before the Super Bowl. He was talking about his open heart surgery and compared it to a sprained ankle, with a 4 week return to normalcy.

4 out of 7 years his offenses have been top 10 in yards. 3 out of 7 years his offenses were top 5 in yards. That is with RGIII and Matt Schaub at QB. I'd say that is pretty good.