John Fox leaving the Broncos

'TD'

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't quote tweets, but there has already been speculation on him and the Bears. That can obviously just be putting 2 and 2 together but ya.

I'd be content with his hire. Not overly excited, but content.

Here are some connections being made:

It would make sense, for multiple reasons. First, former Giants G.M. Ernie Accorsi is consulting with the Bears. Accorsi and Fox worked together in New York, when Jim Fassel served as head coach and Fox worked as defensive coordinator.

@JeffDuncan

Putting 2 & 2 together… John Fox & Sean Payton are good friends. Ryan Pace worked under & respects Payton's advice. Could see Fox to Bears.

@RapSheet

John Fox’s best friend in coaching is Sean Payton. #Bears GM Ryan Pace worked closely with Payton. Safe to say Fox has all the info he needs

I know Fox had health issues in Denver so I wonder if the reason for him leaving Denver is that he is retiring from coaching? I cannot believe they would let him go because of performance. Obviously P Manning had a lot to do with his success in Denver but he cannot be blamed for the poor finish Denver had to the season. That IMO was Manning showing his age. Might be time for him to think about retiring. I believe the season was about 6 games longer than what his body could absorb.

I know Fox had health issues in Denver so I wonder if the reason for him leaving Denver is that he is retiring from coaching? I cannot believe they would let him go because of performance. Obviously P Manning had a lot to do with his success in Denver but he cannot be blamed for the poor finish Denver had to the season. That IMO was Manning showing his age. Might be time for him to think about retiring. I believe the season was about 6 games longer than what his body could absorb.

I think Elway knows Payton is retiring and is starting over fresh with a younger coach to in a sense rebuild with new people in place.

I can't quote tweets, but there has already been speculation on him and the Bears. That can obviously just be putting 2 and 2 together but ya.

I'd be content with his hire. Not overly excited, but content.

Who do you want for a HC? You have probably stated it, but to lazy to look it up.

Who do you want for a HC? You have probably stated it, but to lazy to look it up.

I was wondering the exact same thing. Who's better? We have an aging offense that should be ready to win now. I sure as hell don't want another inexperienced coach attempting to deal with their disfunction. Any coach with experience has been fired previously.

I'd be thrilled with the Fox hire.

Honestly, right now I really don't know who I want. Rex was my #1 and then Kubiak was #1, and the rest have been meh to me.

Fox to me, after looking at how his teams have ranked is hit or miss, and more often than not he's missed (to an extent). In 9 years in Carolina he had a winning record just 3 times. While we're talking about coaches without a certain player, Fox is just 81-79 without Manning as his QB.

Again I will say that I'm cool with it, I'm just not gonna call it the bomb or anything.

I honestly have zero clue who is tops on my list.