John Fox leaving the Broncos

'TD'

Honestly, right now I really don't know who I want. Rex was my #1 and then Kubiak was #1, and the rest have been meh to me.

Fox to me, after looking at how his teams have ranked is hit or miss, and more often than not he's missed (to an extent). In 9 years in Carolina he had a winning record just 3 times. While we're talking about coaches without a certain player, Fox is just 81-79 without Manning as his QB.

Again I will say that I'm cool with it, I'm just not gonna call it the bomb or anything.

I honestly have zero clue who is tops on my list.

I'd be ok with it, but depends on who his coordinators are. Otherwise, bring me a spark plug Bowles, Quinn, Austin,

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, right now I really don't know who I want. Rex was my #1 and then Kubiak was #1, and the rest have been meh to me.

Fox to me, after looking at how his teams have ranked is hit or miss, and more often than not he's missed (to an extent). In 9 years in Carolina he had a winning record just 3 times. While we're talking about coaches without a certain player, Fox is just 81-79 without Manning as his QB.

Again I will say that I'm cool with it, I'm just not gonna call it the bomb or anything.

I honestly have zero clue who is tops on my list.

It may help the Bears get Brandon Marshall like you wanted.

Winning a playoff game with Tebow at QB is his best qualification. Losing two divisional playoff games with Peyton Manning, and again this year with all the big FA they signed on defense is his worst qualification. I'm on the fence with this guy but at least we know he won't let the locker room be run like we had with Trestman.

Winning a playoff game with Tebow at QB is his best qualification. Losing two divisional playoff games with Peyton Manning, and again this year with all the big FA they signed on defense is his worst qualification. I'm on the fence with this guy but at least we know he won't let the locker room be run like we had with Trestman.

The team is in and has been in a rebuilding phase. I know they were trying to compete the last couple years, but the roster turn around since Angelo has been huge. It's going to need to continue the next few years as they build the defense, replace aging players on the offense, and so on.

That's why I think Fox is a great fit as coach. His experience should bring stability to the locker room. Plus, I think he will be able to fill out a great staff to help develop the players that are brought in.

At the least, he's coach that can get this team prep this team into a contender. Then the Bears can go find the coach to take them to the next level.

This would be a fantastic hire. I don't blame him for the fact that Peyton choked. I give him credit for winning at two different stops and making it to the superbowl with 2 different teams and being able to adjust extremely well to his personel. Clearly Manning helped him a lot in Denver but you also can't ignore the fact that they did a lot with Tim Tebow at QB too.

This would be a fantastic hire. I don't blame him for the fact that Peyton choked. I give him credit for winning at two different stops and making it to the superbowl with 2 different teams and being able to adjust extremely well to his personel. Clearly Manning helped him a lot in Denver but you also can't ignore the fact that they did a lot with Tim Tebow at QB too.

Manning's made a career out of choking in the big games. That's been a knock on him for a long time back to his years in Indy. Not that he's the sole reason the got blown out in last years super bowl, or the sole reason the Broncos lost this past weekend. It doesn't help when your star QB underperforms when it matters most.

Correct. It took a matchup against Grossman for him to win...and he almost didn't.

Manning's made a career out of choking in the big games. That's been a knock on him for a long time back to his years in Indy. Not that he's the sole reason the got blown out in last years super bowl, or the sole reason the Broncos lost this past weekend. It doesn't help when your star QB underperforms when it matters most.

Correct. It took a matchup against Grossman for him to win...and he almost didn't.

He didn't win the game. Our inability to hold onto the football as well as our inability to stop the run is what won the game for the Colts. Peyton Manning did nothing to help the cause and won a sham Superbowl MVP award that should have went to their RB's.

I can't get over how great of a candidate John Fox is. Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good and the perfect candidate fell in our lap. While he hasn't won a superbowl, he was a field goal away from winning the superbowl with Jake freakin Delhomme. He won a division with Tim Tebow (and a playoff game for that part). Dude is a fantastic candidate and fit (outside of hiring someone like Cowher) and in my humble opinion is the best coach without a superbowl in the modern era (along with Schottenheimer and Levy).

I am wondering if John Fox is what BLEW the McCaskey's away in the Pace interview.

Pace may have had some inside information on Fox not being happy in Denver.

I would hope that isn't the case. I want the right GM being hired and than let him bring in whomever he thinks is the right coach. Don't hire the GM purely because he has an in on a particular coach. The GM is going to be critical in this entire thing and I hope Pace is still in this organization 25 years from now (and he'll have hired multiple successful coaches during his tenure).

I wouldn't go that far DBDB, like I said, in 10 years before getting the greatest regular season QB ever he had 3 winning seasons.

For Comparison, Lovie had 4 seasons above .500, 1 super bowl trip, and one NFC title game loss in his 9 years here.

He just might be the best thing out there but I wouldn't expect too much.

Also his winning percentage in Carolina was .507...Lovie (Whom I have never backed on here) had a .563.

You have to remember, I largely liked Lovie. I never disagreed that it was time for a new voice but I liked him. Only thing I can really fault him for is getting too much say in roster decisions. Had it not been for that, I think we'd have won a superbowl. Lovie can coach but he certainly can't scout.

Also his winning percentage in Carolina was .507...Lovie (Whom I have never backed on here) had a .563.

Fox's winning percentage took a huge hit from one year in Carolina (his last year)...where Delhomme imploded due to injuries (major surgeries, etc). He also had another year where they won 7 games despite starting 4 different QB's (again due to injuries...a list that included Delhomme, Testaverde, David Carr, and Matt Moore). In his 1st year he had Rodney Peete. Bottom line, I can't say that his teams really underachieved and in most instances I'd say they overachieved vs. the general talent perception (with exception to the last two years and one year you expected the superbowl and this year had similar expectations but Manning obviously struggled and hard to put that entirely on the coach..especially given his track record for struggling in big games with other top coaches too).