John Fox Officially hired as new HC for Bears

Lucky Luciano

They announced it today because they read my post earlier :P J/K

Guess I just got a little impatient, glad to see it is now official and Glad the "search is over, and now Pace and Fox can go forward full throttle and put together a good staff and prepare for the Draft. I'm happy with this. Just think it was only a month ago that we were still in the abyss that was Phil Emmery and Marc Trestman. I like both the GM and the Coach hires. Let's get this team turned around! Go Bears!

I'll add that I'm happy with this as well. Now someone can take this post in three years and repost it as proof of how big a dumbshit I am. LOL!

Glad they got it done but almost feel like Fox fell into their laps so not so sure how much credit the Bears deserve here.

If that's the case you won't be alone in that category, let's hope for all our sakes that we finally may see our beloved return to greatness.

I'll add that I'm happy with this as well. Now someone can take this post in three years and repost it as proof of how big a dumbshit I am. LOL!

Glad they got it done but almost feel like Fox fell into their laps so not so sure how much credit the Bears deserve here.

For the record I'm right there with ya'. I'm actually pretty settled now that they have the hook set on him. From here I trust he and Pace will do good in getting things figured out.

GO BULLS!!!

I virtually feel like we're all int he same boat...

Yeah, as you know I was pretty peeved for Lovie being let go. But then wasn't all that thrilled about Emery (I genuinely did not like him) and Trestman coming over. In fact, looking back I really hated having to explain to people when they asked: "who the heck is Trestman?" And then I had to explain it all. And now that Fox is here I feel the team has done good (not in a vindictive sense, just satisfied).

By the by, my sister is a devout Broncos fan and says she is glad that both Del Rio and Fox are gone. Says they "couldn't make a quick decision to save their lives". Not sure what that means but she also hates Elway...so there is that.

I am very excited and really like this hire (compared to my non-committal stance on Trestman - it never felt right). Pace knows what he is doing and I think pairing him with a veteran coach with sustained success (and a ton of experience and respect) is a great move. Looking at Fox's numbers, he has been remarkable at turning around organizations:

In Carolina, he took a 1-15 team and improved by 6 games the next year and improved by 4 more games in Year #2 and reaches the Super Bowl (lost by Vinatieri FG after Kasay kicks ball out of bounds on kickoff).

(CAR) Year Before Fox:

1-15, 28th in pts, 31st in yds

Fox's 1st Year:

7-9, 5th in pts, 2nd in yds

In Denver, a very similar tune. He was hired right after being fired in Carolina. He then takes a 4-12 team and improves by 4 wins in year #1 (and advances to 2nd round of playoffs with Tebow at QB), then gains 5 more gains in year #2 with another playoff visit.

(DEN) Year Before Fox:

4-12, 32nd in pts, 32nd in yds

Fox's 1st Year:

8-8, 24th in pts, 20th in yds

Average of 5 more wins in year #1 and 9.5 by year #2. Now it may be a little unrealistic to expect the exact same results, but the precedence is there to at least improve. 5 wins would give us 10, and 9 wins makes us a 14 win team in year #2. I would be happy with 9-7 and 11-5.

Where he really excels is on the defensive side of the ball. Here are all Fox's teams Defensive Rankings. To me all this is very promising.

Defensive Ranks

YR - PTS - YDS

2014 - 16 - 3

2013 - 22 - 19

2012 - 4 - 2

2011 - 24 - 20 (DEN)

2010 - 26 - 18 (CAR)

2009 - 9 - 8

2008 - 12 - 18

2007 - 15 - 16

2006 - 8 - 7

2005 - 5 - 3

2004 - 15 - 20

2003 - 10 - 8

2002 - 5 - 2

Fox QB's

2014 - Manning

2013 - Manning

2012 - Manning

2011 - Tebow, Orton (8-8)

2010 - Clausen, Moore, St. Pierre (2-14)

2009 - Delhomme, Moore (8-8)

2008 - Delhomme

2007 - Testaverde, Carr, Moore, Delhomme (7-9)

2006 - Delhomme, Weinke (8-8)

2005 - Delhomme

2004 - Delhomme (7-9)

2003 - Delhomme, Peete

2002 - Peete, Fasani, Weinke (7-9)

If that's the case you won't be alone in that category, let's hope for all our sakes that we finally may see our beloved return to greatness.

Dude, I'll actually be happy if they return to "not sucking". At least for right now. Obviously in the long haul I want to see them winning it all. But just having them not be a friggen embarrassment is a major step in the right direction.

I think we all know Fox's deficiencies. He's nto the in-game guru that Bellichick is. Then again...who is?

Yeah, as you know I was pretty peeved for Lovie being let go. But then wasn't all that thrilled about Emery (I genuinely did not like him) and Trestman coming over. In fact, looking back I really hated having to explain to people when they asked: "who the heck is Trestman?" And then I had to explain it all. And now that Fox is here I feel the team has done good (not in a vindictive sense, just satisfied).

By the by, my sister is a devout Broncos fan and says she is glad that both Del Rio and Fox are gone. Says they "couldn't make a quick decision to save their lives". Not sure what that means but she also hates Elway...so there is that.

I'm concerned about his drafting and player acquisitions, but he has impressed me so far.

I think with Fox's input, they are going to have a pretty solid acquisition strategy, and if the Coordinators are experienced, they will be able to maximize their talents (unlike the clowns we had).