Be the Bears GM

ParkerBear7

Kinda of cool but I don't have the time or patience to be really thorough but here is my quick off-season as the Bears GM:

http://fanspeak.com/mtc/summary.php?id=wydqdb

Here are my 2015 free agent signings:

Name Position Cap Hit

Mike Iupati G 4,900,000 ($6 Million per yr for 5 yrs with 35% signing bonus)

Brian De La Puente C 1,000,000

Ndamukong Suh DT 13,200,000 ($22 Million per yr for 5 yrs with 35% signing bonus)

Ike Taylor CB 3,375,000

Ryan Clark S 2,400,000

Jeremy Cain LS 850,000

CHICAGO BEARS

Salary Cap: 145,000,000

Player Salaries: 135,474,682

Dead Money: 105,005

Carryover: 2,663,373

Reserved for Draft Picks: 5,000,000

Cap Space Remaining: 7,083,686

Kinda of cool but I don't have the time or patience to be really thorough but here is my quick off-season as the Bears GM:

http://fanspeak.com/mtc/summary.php?id=wydqdb

Here are my 2015 free agent signings:

Name Position Cap Hit

Mike Iupati G 4,900,000 ($6 Million per yr for 5 yrs with 35% signing bonus)

Brian De La Puente C 1,000,000

Ndamukong Suh DT 13,200,000 ($22 Million per yr for 5 yrs with 35% signing bonus)

Ike Taylor CB 3,375,000

Ryan Clark S 2,400,000

Jeremy Cain LS 850,000

CHICAGO BEARS

Salary Cap: 145,000,000

Player Salaries: 135,474,682

Dead Money: 105,005

Carryover: 2,663,373

Reserved for Draft Picks: 5,000,000

Cap Space Remaining: 7,083,686

I like what you did here. Not too bad. Are long snapper and Guard that much of a need though? I wonder if an RB might come available? Still wonder that T Richardson might be worth a shot or even, DeMarco Murray. I hear from friends that follow Dallas think they may not bring him back. Especially since both he and Bryant are due for contracts this year.

I like what you did here. Not too bad. Are long snapper and Guard that much of a need though? I wonder if an RB might come available? Still wonder that T Richardson might be worth a shot or even, DeMarco Murray. I hear from friends that follow Dallas think they may not bring him back. Especially since both he and Bryant are due for contracts this year.

The RB class is deep this draft, I wouldn't drop all that money on Murray. Plus I'm not so sure we should give up on Carey either.

Not sure about dropping all that money on Sun either.

This looks like a pot of fun, def gonna make one when I get around a computer.

Very difficult process to work through. They shouldn't make that process where you offer and then there is an accept/decline. They should make it to where it has a range that the player might accept.

BTW - I also dislike any sort of high priced RB pickup. Murray? Hell no. Not while we have Forte. And we still don't know if Carey is good or not, but he showed glimpses. The Bears need to put about 0% into looking at RBs unless a highly rated guy plummets. For instance, I did a mock where TJ Yeldon fell to the 6th - ridiculous - and had to take him as value.

Very difficult process to work through. They shouldn't make that process where you offer and then there is an accept/decline. They should make it to where it has a range that the player might accept.

BTW - I also dislike any sort of high priced RB pickup. Murray? Hell no. Not while we have Forte. And we still don't know if Carey is good or not, but he showed glimpses. The Bears need to put about 0% into looking at RBs unless a highly rated guy plummets. For instance, I did a mock where TJ Yeldon fell to the 6th - ridiculous - and had to take him as value.

Ya I really think Carey needs to get a shot.

Ourlads had him as the 35th overall prospect at one point and made him sound like he's exactly the type of back everyone wants.

http://www.ourlads.com/top-32-college-seni...ft/2014/2356481

I completely agree with you. The last thing we should be looking at spending much money on is a RB. We have Forte for at least this year and Carey showed some flashes. Not sure what he is and I'll leave that up to the current regime, but if we do want a RB, we should be using a mid round draft pick on one. This is an extremely deep year in the draft and if we see a talent their that we really like, I have no problem going with that player and giving us a lot more depth. We can't just ignore offense, although we clearly have to be focused on defense and the oline.

Ourlads had him as the 35th overall prospect at one point and made him sound like he's exactly the type of back everyone wants.

Based off that list, we got 4 players from the top 50 (Fuller-30, Carey-35, Sutton-36, and Sutton-46).

Pretty surprised Carey ended up 15th for rookie RB's in rushing, even as a backup. Hill, Mason, Williams, West, Crowell, Oliver, and Sankey all had more productive years. Just shows how bad our offense was, but he did have a decent YPC.

If I ever maintain a good connection (Honduras) I will put some thought into this. Carey will get acguud shot at our power rb this year . Last year was so dysfunctional , how could we tell how good he is

The rb position I want addressed is FB. When Matt Forte had a FB in the lead blocker role he was a force in the run game.Tyler Clutts and Tony Fiametta were his last FBs. I'm not saying get two guys because that would be crazy. I like Alabama's Jason Fowler at 5-11 264 thats like having a OG in the back field.

I finally had time to try it. This is what I ended up with. It can be seen on the link below, but below that is a summary.

My GM moves

The Cuts

I cut Cutler, Fales, Greene, Bellamy, Mariani, and Mundy.

Addressing the QB situation

Clausen was resigned, and I brought in Bradford to take the helm for a few years. (with the intent to draft a QB prospect).

An extra RB

I added David Wilson to add to the RB rotation, he was rather cheap.

The Offensive line

Britton and DLP were resigned, but i didn't submit an offer to Garza.

The Front 7

BJ Raji, Jared Odrick, Dwight Freeney, and Ray Maualuga were brought in to strengthen the front 7, I also brought back Sharpton.

Secondarily

In the secondary, I brought back Tillman as I feel he has a couple years left. I also brought in Rahim Moore so the Bears finally have a Safety. Dannielle Manning was also brought back to play some special teams and to be added to the safety platoon.

Edit: I forgot to mention I also brought in Jacob Tamme as an extra TE.

The rb position I want addressed is FB. When Matt Forte had a FB in the lead blocker role he was a force in the run game.Tyler Clutts and Tony Fiametta were his last FBs. I'm not saying get two guys because that would be crazy. I like Alabama's Jason Fowler at 5-11 264 thats like having a OG in the back field.

Typical Lemon spell check on names the FB I like is named Jalston Fowler not Jason. My glasses only work when I look ththrough them.lol

I finally had time to try it. This is what I ended up with. It can be seen on the link below, but below that is a summary.

My GM moves

The Cuts

I cut Cutler, Fales, Greene, Bellamy, Mariani, and Mundy.

Addressing the QB situation

Clausen was resigned, and I brought in Bradford to take the helm for a few years. (with the intent to draft a QB prospect).

An extra RB

I added David Wilson to add to the RB rotation, he was rather cheap.

The Offensive line

Britton and DLP were resigned, but i didn't submit an offer to Garza.

The Front 7

BJ Raji, Jared Odrick, Dwight Freeney, and Ray Maualuga were brought in to strengthen the front 7, I also brought back Sharpton.

Secondarily

In the secondary, I brought back Tillman as I feel he has a couple years left. I also brought in Rahim Moore so the Bears finally have a Safety. Dannielle Manning was also brought back to play some special teams and to be added to the safety platoon.

Edit: I forgot to mention I also brought in Jacob Tamme as an extra TE.

How on earth did you manage all that and stay under the cap? I know we have a lot of room but that doesnt seem possible to me.

I tried doing one but it came out all funky. Signed Chris Culliver to a 3/20 deal and it gave him a 15 mill cap hit.

How on earth did you manage all that and stay under the cap? I know we have a lot of room but that doesnt seem possible to me.

I tried doing one but it came out all funky. Signed Chris Culliver to a 3/20 deal and it gave him a 15 mill cap hit.

I'll probably be in cap hell on there in a few years. I offered Bradford to a 3 year 22 million year deal. His cap hit is 5.8 million. I think they back loaded a lot of my contracts, but i stayed 300k under the cap.

I'll probably be in cap hell on there in a few years. I offered Bradford to a 3 year 22 million year deal. His cap hit is 5.8 million. I think they back loaded a lot of my contracts, but i stayed 300k under the cap.

Does that 300k under take into account the draft? Overthecap estimates that we'll need about 5.7 mill.

Curious what you, and parker can feel free to chime in too, set the gaurenteed money at. Perhaps that would explain why a 3/20 deal gave me a 15mill cap hit while your 3/22 deal gave you a cap hit of 5.8.

Does that 300k under take into account the draft? Overthecap estimates that we'll need about 5.7 mill.

Curious what you, and parker can feel free to chime in too, set the gaurenteed money at. Perhaps that would explain why a 3/20 deal gave me a 15mill cap hit while your 3/22 deal gave you a cap hit of 5.8.

It sets aside 5 million before you start.

Edit: Guaranteed money definitely effects the cap number. I changed my cap number per player. I approached it different depending on the player and how long I planed to keep them around. I went between 25-35% on most, but a short term person with a low contract i may have guaranteed much higher.

It sets aside 5 million before you start.

Edit: Guaranteed money definitely effects the cap number. I changed my cap number per player. I approached it different depending on the player and how long I planed to keep them around. I went between 25-35% on most, but a short term person with a low contract i may have guaranteed much higher.

My percentages were around that as well..Just did it again, had Cullivers 3/20 deal at 10% and it still gave me a 15M cap hit. Weird.