Colts Targeting Brandon Marshall

DABEARSDABOMB

Brandon Marshall is exactly what the Colts need. If they can draft one of the stud running backs and get Marshall watch out. Plus they are waaaay under the cap...

I think if it happens, it will be a 3rd. If they are serious about not having him back, they save 9 mil and will not try to rob anybody. The Colts have a bad taste in their mouth over the Trent Richardson deal, no way its higher. Remember we gave 2 3rds when he was 3 years younger.

https://twitter.com/jasonphilcole/status/571343926394814464

I like their history of trading high picks for veterans (see Trent Richardson deal).

As per Dan Bernstein, the Bears brass told Ryan Pace that BM was a jack-ass and they wanted him gone. But it was ultimately his decision.

While that may or may not be accurate, that opened my eyes a bit in terms of why the new regime would want to trade him.

I would trade for a third round pick in a heartbeat.

Peace :dabears

For everybody that stills wants BM.

Yes he is one of the better WRs in the league

No, he was part if not the bad culture on our team last year. We dont know all the facts but the more you read , the more you realize , he created chaos that just cant be tolerated with a new beginning.

I trust the new leaders to decide if he can be controlled or not worth the effort.

The answer will come soon.

When deciding on trading BM or not the two big things you need to consider :

1. Can the new LEADERSHIP keep BM contained?

2. Do they expect to win now?

If they think they can win now and contain him then its a no brainer you keep him because he is still one of the best WR in the game and will probably be near the top for a couple of more years.

If they think they wont be able to win or get into the playoffs then you may think about trading him. Unloading his contract will help with filling other needs but then opens up the need for another WR addition.

WR is deep for this draft.

If they feel he wont be able to be contained, you may want to trade him sending a message to everyone that no one is untouchable.

We gave up two 3rd round draft picks 3 years ago, what does two 3rd's equal??? Does it equal a 2nd???? The reason I ask, when the Bears traded for him there was a lot of questions concerning his behavior on and off the field.

He has proven to be past the off the field stuff, and up until the wheels completely falling of last year he was a great teammate saying and doing all the right things. He organized workouts with teammates in the off season, took Alshon under his wing. Wonder if they are doing the off season workouts together this year??

I think getting one 2nd Rounder for BM could be done, but what the freak do I know. The Bears are old and need a big injection of youth and talent, maybe trading BM to a contender for a 2nd would be the best option.

The Colts need a BM type of WR, they would seem to be potential suitor.

Looking fwd to seeing Pace work some magic because the Bears desperately need a little magic to turn this around.

When deciding on trading BM or not the two big things you need to consider :

1. Can the new LEADERSHIP keep BM contained?

2. Do they expect to win now?

If they think they can win now and contain him then its a no brainer you keep him because he is still one of the best WR in the game and will probably be near the top for a couple of more years.

If they think they wont be able to win or get into the playoffs then you may think about trading him. Unloading his contract will help with filling other needs but then opens up the need for another WR addition.

WR is deep for this draft.

If they feel he wont be able to be contained, you may want to trade him sending a message to everyone that no one is untouchable.

We gave up two 3rd round draft picks 3 years ago, what does two 3rd's equal??? Does it equal a 2nd???? The reason I ask, when the Bears traded for him there was a lot of questions concerning his behavior on and off the field.

He has proven to be past the off the field stuff, and up until the wheels completely falling of last year he was a great teammate saying and doing all the right things. He organized workouts with teammates in the off season, took Alshon under his wing. Wonder if they are doing the off season workouts together this year??

I think getting one 2nd Rounder for BM could be done, but what the freak do I know. The Bears are old and need a big injection of youth and talent, maybe trading BM to a contender for a 2nd would be the best option.

The Colts need a BM type of WR, they would seem to be potential suitor.

Looking fwd to seeing Pace work some magic because the Bears desperately need a little magic to turn this around.

Agree with everything you said, except for the fact we could get a #2 for him. His age and past will prohibit that. If you look at past trades for a barometer, the valves are always less that what fans think. I would be elated with a 3 and the money that comes with it. If you look at the past of our new leaders, they have one BM like player on the team and their #2 is a slot/speed guy. Jeffery fills the BM spot and they will look for the #2. With two big not fast WRs we got to predictable . I think he is a top 5 WR in the league, but at his age, and disruptions his valve is less desirable. We need to go forward with youth no matter what it costs in victories, because hanging on to older vets just keeps us from leaping forward with a consistent winning team. We have only made the playoffs 4 times in the last 19 years, looking back, that just wasnt good enough, and everything needs to change and that includes letting go of still good older vets.

I could see Colts going after D. Murray in FA and wouldn't be surprised to see them make this trade for BMarsh. Late 2nd Rd pick seems reasonable to me, not sure I'd want their late 3rd Rd pick or they'd have to toss in something else.

I could see Colts going after D. Murray in FA and wouldn't be surprised to see them make this trade for BMarsh. Late 2nd Rd pick seems reasonable to me, not sure I'd want their late 3rd Rd pick or they'd have to toss in something else.

Here are the other recent trades of WR's that included a 3rd or better in the last 7 years. Interestingly, BMarsh is involved in 2 of the 5. Boldin's age at the time of trade was similar to Marshall's current age. Looking at all of these, I am now leaning towards a 3rd and a 5th/6th. I can't believe how much Seattle paid for Harvin and Dallas for Williams.

2008 - Roy Williams and 7th to Dallas for 1st, 3rd, 6th.

2010 - Anquan Boldin and 5th to Baltimore for 3rd and 4th

2010 - BMarsh to Dolphins for 2x 2nd's

2012 - Bmarsh to Bears for 2x 3rd's

2013 - Percy Harvin to Seahawks for 1st, 3rd, 7th.

Agree with everything you said, except for the fact we could get a #2 for him. His age and past will prohibit that. If you look at past trades for a barometer, the valves are always less that what fans think. I would be elated with a 3 and the money that comes with it. If you look at the past of our new leaders, they have one BM like player on the team and their #2 is a slot/speed guy. Jeffery fills the BM spot and they will look for the #2. With two big not fast WRs we got to predictable . I think he is a top 5 WR in the league, but at his age, and disruptions his valve is less desirable. We need to go forward with youth no matter what it costs in victories, because hanging on to older vets just keeps us from leaping forward with a consistent winning team. We have only made the playoffs 4 times in the last 19 years, looking back, that just wasnt good enough, and everything needs to change and that includes letting go of still good older vets.

Most experts, including ALL of us, claim we stole Marshall with the two 3'rds. At 30, he easily can have 4 productive years. I would give a 2nd for someone that proven. Many teams have a demand for that right now and don't want to wait for a rookie to develop. Sometimes it's worth a slight overpay. While we are at it, let's get their 3rd for Forte. Running back is loaded in this draft.