Antrel Rolle signed (official)

adam

Guest TerraTor
Wtf? Why are we throwing money at a 32 year old safety? Idiotic. Makes no sense.

That's what happens with 5 years of awful drafting.. no LBs, no DE, No S

FINALLY: Bears will sign S Antrel Rolle according to @JenLada.

The only reason I would want Rolle is if it meant they got a good deal and were able to sign Pot Roast with then money saved by not signing Searcy.

The Bears NEED Youth with talent......not old guys with aging talent!!!!

The only reason I would want Rolle is if it meant they got a good deal and were able to sign Pot Roast with then money saved by not signing Searcy.

The Bears NEED Youth with talent......not old guys with aging talent!!!!

If they bring in a couple of older guys to lend some leadership, thats not a bad thing. I suspect they draft a safety to develop.

That's a compelling argument. I for one hope they make it happen. I'd think it be awesome to have he and Mundy working the backside together. And maybe work with some potential up and comers like Vereen.

Also, Rolle is a team and locker room leader, which will help stabilize everything, even if it is only for a year or two. Like you said, he could come in and help with the young guys (possibly a high draft pick) and we wouldn't have to rush them into starting.

Rolle has been a model of consistency and durability throughout his career. He has only missed 1 game in the last 9 seasons and has averaged 86 tackles and 3 INTs per season over that span.

Also, Rolle is a team and locker room leader, which will help stabilize everything, even if it is only for a year or two. Like you said, he could come in and help with the young guys (possibly a high draft pick) and we wouldn't have to rush them into starting.

Rolle has been a model of consistency and durability throughout his career. He has only missed 1 game in the last 9 seasons and has averaged 86 tackles and 3 INTs per season over that span.

I read somehwere that he was rated as one of the worst safeties in the league last season. As long as he's cheap, I'm good with it. When you have tons of whols to fill, you have to take chances with old veterans.

I read somehwere that he was rated as one of the worst safeties in the league last season. As long as he's cheap, I'm good with it. When you have tons of whols to fill, you have to take chances with old veterans.

PFF did rank him very low, but it will really depend on what we are bringing him in for.

PFF did rank him very low, but it will really depend on what we are bringing him in for.

Aaron Leming did say he heard it would be competition for Mundy so there's that.

Parker also ranked real low as well. Somewhat baffling considering the Chiefs ranked 2nd in pass defense.

I trust Fox and Donatell though, those guys are 2 of the best when it comes to the secondary. Parker has an intriguing skill set that could be molded into a really good FS. 6 foot, 4.3 speed, former corner, spent some time in Seattle.

Aaron Leming did say he heard it would be competition for Mundy so there's that.

Parker also ranked real low as well. Somewhat baffling considering the Chiefs ranked 2nd in pass defense.

I trust Fox and Donatell though, those guys are 2 of the best when it comes to the secondary. Parker has an intriguing skill set that could be molded into a really good FS. 6 foot, 4.3 speed, former corner, spent some time in Seattle.

Has Rolle fallen off that far that he has to battle for a starting position? My guess is if he signs here, it's his job to lose. Mundy can practice on his special teams skills.

Has Rolle fallen off that far that he has to battle for a starting position? My guess is if he signs here, it's his job to lose. Mundy can practice on his special teams skills.

To steal a phrase from Micheal C. Wright, I think dude can still be a baller. Just saying what our apparent insider said.

Antrel Rolle @antrelrolle26 · 27m 27 minutes ago

I asked God for a sign and this is what I woke up to at 4:33am Monday morning!! What does this… instagram.com/p/0HCpOIDPig/

Incase you can't click that link, it's an orbitz add for flights to chicago.

I asked God for a sign and this is what I woke up to at 4:33am Monday morning!! What does this… instagram.com/p/0HCpOIDPig/

Wow I finally beat you on posting some info, it was only by one minute and put it on the rumors thread

Why am I starting to feel like all these deals were pre-arragned but for some reason teams are waiting to announce them.

Agents have been negotiating since the combine. Royal was in the building at 3:00 yesterday. It took an additional day and a half to reach an agreement?

Granted, Rolle STILL hasn't signed, but with the Royal signing being announced, I expect Rolle will come soon.