Is it possible for us to all agree

jason

Looking at the first round, based on my memory, this site has had three first round draft picks where we had pretty much universal agreement. Those picks were Chris Williams, Gabe Carimi, and Greg Olsen. The first two were busts. Olsen turned out to be good but it took him a while. He was injured most of his rookie season and mediocre the next.

I only mention this, because every year while I pretty much worship the draft, by mid-season I'm wondering, "Why was I so worried about the draft?"

With the 1st round, I get the impression we are all resigned to the fact we are likely to go LB or WR.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm leery of White also because he reminds me of Darius Heywerd-Bey as the WR workout warrior this year.I also remember when Johnnie Knox tore up the Combine and in both cases the finer points of being a WR were not in either of these two players makeup. Know physically out of the league and now Heywerd-Bey on team 3 trying to learn the position.

DHB was much more of a 1-trick pony in college than White. I think Cooper will be the guy who has more receptions, more yards receiving and gets you to the redone. White will be the guy you see on ESPN plays of the week and have more TDs because of what he can do in the redzone. In this case the argument that Cooper compliments Jeffrey well has some validity IMO. While he will go inside Jeffrey is not a great move the chains WR. He just isn't quick enough out of his breaks and he's a long strider. Cooper is not as good on contested catches (not that he's bad) but he can work the inside and outside of the field equally well. That helps keep Jeffrey on the outside where he does the most damage.

I'm leery of White also because he reminds me of Darius Heywerd-Bey as the WR workout warrior this year.I also remember when Johnnie Knox tore up the Combine and in both cases the finer points of being a WR were not in either of these two players makeup. Know physically out of the league and now Heywerd-Bey on team 3 trying to learn the position.

DHB was much more of a 1-trick pony in college than White. I think Cooper will be the guy who has more receptions, more yards receiving and gets you to the redone. White will be the guy you see on ESPN plays of the week and have more TDs because of what he can do in the redzone. In this case the argument that Cooper compliments Jeffrey well has some validity IMO. While he will go inside Jeffrey is not a great move the chains WR. He just isn't quick enough out of his breaks and he's a long strider. Cooper is not as good on contested catches (not that he's bad) but he can work the inside and outside of the field equally well. That helps keep Jeffrey on the outside where he does the most damage.

With the 1st round, I get the impression we are all resigned to the fact we are likely to go LB or WR.

If we stay at #7, I think WR (Cooper, White), OLB (Fowler, Beasley), OL (Scherff), CB (Waynes), DT (Shelton) and possibly S (Collins) are all in play.