Is it possible for us to all agree

jason

I don't know why you think I'm "muddying the waters" with my criticism of Grasu in the 3rd and Mason in 5th. Our weakest position on the line, I assume we would all agree, is RT, and probably next is LT. So if we want to upgrade THIS YEAR, we either need to add a T who can start, or add a guard that can start and move Long to T, which doesn't seem like that difficult a task (your subsequent mock with Laken Tomlinson achieves this, for instance). But adding a center in the 3rd and guard in the 5th probably doesn't do that unless you think Shaq Mason can start right away, which I don't, or start Grasu at G, but everything I've read said he's a natural center.

I didn't mean to cause a kerfuffle. Just giving my opinion.

It's not the opinion, it's the inclusion of other mocks and the exclusion of other data that started the idea.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jason I applaud your attempt to pull this off but if you choose to say screw it I can't make everyone happy I would applaud that even more. This board is based on everyone being able to express their opinion and that is one of the main reasons why I like your posts because it has been totally you. This thread is you being over the top accomadating. You still get some flack for that. I personally have liked all your mocks because how you approached each one and did the work. This to me is one of the best managed threads by its original poster I've seen in a long time. Kudos to you Jason,this is cool!

I think I finally found one we can all agree on:

1) Kevin White, WR, West Virginia

2) Leonard Williams, DT, USC

2) Brandon Scherff, OT, Iowa

3) Trae Waynes, CB, Michigan State

4) Todd Gurley, RB, Georgia

5) Landon Collins, S, Alabama

6) Jamies Winston, QB, Florida State

Undrafted Free Agent - Vic Beasley, LB, Clemson

:dabears

I was looking for your lol at the end.

Issues:

AZ54 - More WR prioritization, RB depth addressed, Deprioritize QB

Dawhizz - More WR prioritization, Must address 2015 Offensive holes [NO-MANNION, JORDAN PHILLIPS, BECKHAM-GREEN]

Stinger - More WR prioritization [NO-ARIE KUOANDJIO]

bear trap - RB depth addressed (cold weather RB), [NO-LANDON COLLINS, SAMMIE COATES, DUKE JOHNSON]

Taking all those things into consideration...

2015 MOCK DRAFT 4.0

1.20- Malcom Brown, DT, Texas

2.39- Devin Smith, WR, Ohio State

2.52- Laken Tomlinson, OG, Duke

3-David Cobb, RB, Minnesota

4-Kurtis Drummond, FS, Mich. St.

5-Za'Darius Smith, OLB, Kentucky

6-Cody Fajardo, QB, Nevada

Actually Im starting to like that one. I still think in reality we address the DE position of which has the possibility of Smith playing. has the length at 6-4 and at 274 has the frame to add 15 lbs.

Other than Winston and Collins, I ok with that.

I don't know why you think I'm "muddying the waters" with my criticism of Grasu in the 3rd and Mason in 5th. Our weakest position on the line, I assume we would all agree, is RT, and probably next is LT. So if we want to upgrade THIS YEAR, we either need to add a T who can start, or add a guard that can start and move Long to T, which doesn't seem like that difficult a task (your subsequent mock with Laken Tomlinson achieves this, for instance). But adding a center in the 3rd and guard in the 5th probably doesn't do that unless you think Shaq Mason can start right away, which I don't, or start Grasu at G, but everything I've read said he's a natural center.

I didn't mean to cause a kerfuffle. Just giving my opinion.

I have some that think Mason is a sleeper good pick, but that was more for center than guard, but has played both.

I could not live with that... :blink: . I don't like what I've read on Devin Smith WR and do we really need another project QB? They really do not turn out unless you put in time and effort. I don't think we ever made one of our QB picks a priority to develop.

Devin Smith has the speed to get separation fast vertically, but is also inconsistent at tracking the ball. His routes are unproven. His speed is mainly straight-line speed and his lean frame is nearly maxed out.

Sorry ashkum, you are definitely wrong about him being inconsistent tracking the ball... smith us the best in this draft at that.. I didn't want to pick him on my suggestion for fear of being a homer since I am a huge buckeye fan, but smith is unlike anyone I've seen at tracking the ball in the air.. he will be greatly missed next yr.. all the three qbs ever had to do was throw it up and smith would come down with it...he is elite at that..

Lol, you know what's crazy about the NFL draft is the fact that we could have this draft and the odds are that it would not be a historically great one.

Sorry ashkum, you are definitely wrong about him being inconsistent tracking the ball... smith us the best in this draft at that.. I didn't want to pick him on my suggestion for fear of being a homer since I am a huge buckeye fan, but smith is unlike anyone I've seen at tracking the ball in the air.. he will be greatly missed next yr.. all the three qbs ever had to do was throw it up and smith would come down with it...he is elite at that..

He will be a good WR but dont think he is in the class of Cooper. White has great upside, but sometimes those guys bust out.

That is from cbs sports draft profiles, not my assessment. I lean on that site for player breakdowns.

I would've went with Williams in the 1st. Total fail.

Jason,

It is amazing how many combinations you can come up with that are realistic. At this point I just want to see Safety, WR, and OL drafted early, and then use the remaining picks to improve at DL, ILB, and CB. I don't think we need another RB with Forte, Rodgers, and Carey on the roster. I would rather pick one in the first 3 rounds next year. I would also do the same with QB, and possibly take one in the first round next year.

Jason,

It is amazing how many combinations you can come up with that are realistic. At this point I just want to see Safety, WR, and OL drafted early, and then use the remaining picks to improve at DL, ILB, and CB. I don't think we need another RB with Forte, Rodgers, and Carey on the roster. I would rather pick one in the first 3 rounds next year. I would also do the same with QB, and possibly take one in the first round next year.

Safety almost eliminates itself with the available talent. Wherever we draft one, they will be a project imo. Looks like WR a d OT. But what if Cooper and White are both gone?

Well watch this...

Watching espn draft academy. Guess who's on it? Before the commercial, he was quoted as saying how he wants to prove that he is more than a one trick pony. I've never seen tape on him, so I take your word and I'll watch his spot on this show. A RB that intrigues me is John Crockett NDSU, 6' 217 catches fluid and runs well.

Watching espn draft academy. Guess who's on it? Before the commercial, he was quoted as saying how he wants to prove that he is more than a one trick pony. I've never seen tape on him, so I take your word and I'll watch his spot on this show. A RB that intrigues me is John Crockett NDSU, 6' 217 catches fluid and runs well.

watched that championship game he was in. Wonder why he doesnt get more press

Jason I applaud your attempt to pull this off but if you choose to say screw it I can't make everyone happy I would applaud that even more. This board is based on everyone being able to express their opinion and that is one of the main reasons why I like your posts because it has been totally you. This thread is you being over the top accomadating. You still get some flack for that. I personally have liked all your mocks because how you approached each one and did the work. This to me is one of the best managed threads by its original poster I've seen in a long time. Kudos to you Jason,this is cool!

That's essentially what I did. It is a hard enough exercise if everyone simply replies with comments or suggestions for change. But when it's just a mock draft submission contest, it doesn't work.

I think we're close, but the problem with so many hands in the cookie jar is that so many have severe dislikes for specific players (based on collegiate allegiance?).

I have some that think Mason is a sleeper good pick, but that was more for center than guard, but has played both.

Me too, but I eliminated him because the dawhizz request for OL help this year that was in response to him being in a draft.

What's funny is, we still wouldn't agree. If the Bears take WR, I want Cooper instead of White. I don't think White is going to be as good as people think, and I think Cooper is one of the best route running WRs I've seen in a while. He was wide the F open far too often against top-level talent for it to be a fluke. Some guys just have that ability, and he's one of them. He compliments Alshon perfectly, where as I think White and Alshon are a bit alike.

AJ - 6'4", 215lb, 4.38-4.47 forty, ?? reps, 33 arm, 10 1/4 hands, vert. 36.5, broad 10'2"

KW - 6'3", 215lb, 4.35 forty, 23 reps, 32 5/8 arms, 9 1/4 hands, vert. 36.5, broad 10'3"

Add to that the atrocious Big 12 defense, and I think it says that he's a bit overrated. Pretty much every team he dominated last year gave up 25 points or more a game. Some much more. The only game I was really impressed with was the game against Alabama, a team that gave up just over 2 TDs per game the entire year.

Cooper > White if I'm drafting.

watched that championship game he was in. Wonder why he doesnt get more press

Based on this game alone, I'd say it's because he is a bad blocker, doesn't get downhill fast, has nearly no explosion at the point of attack, gets tackled way too easy, has questionable ball security, and played against inferior competition. And that's just for starters.

What's funny is, we still wouldn't agree. If the Bears take WR, I want Cooper instead of White. I don't think White is going to be as good as people think, and I think Cooper is one of the best route running WRs I've seen in a while. He was wide the F open far too often against top-level talent for it to be a fluke. Some guys just have that ability, and he's one of them. He compliments Alshon perfectly, where as I think White and Alshon are a bit alike.

AJ - 6'4", 215lb, 4.38-4.47 forty, ?? reps, 33 arm, 10 1/4 hands, vert. 36.5, broad 10'2"

KW - 6'3", 215lb, 4.35 forty, 23 reps, 32 5/8 arms, 9 1/4 hands, vert. 36.5, broad 10'3"

Add to that the atrocious Big 12 defense, and I think it says that he's a bit overrated. Pretty much every team he dominated last year gave up 25 points or more a game. Some much more. The only game I was really impressed with was the game against Alabama, a team that gave up just over 2 TDs per game the entire year.

Cooper > White if I'm drafting.

I'm leery of White also because he reminds me of Darius Heywerd-Bey as the WR workout warrior this year.I also remember when Johnnie Knox tore up the Combine and in both cases the finer points of being a WR were not in either of these two players makeup. Know physically out of the league and now Heywerd-Bey on team 3 trying to learn the position.