Is it possible for us to all agree

jason

Is there any way for us to have a draft that everyone would like?

First premise: We'd all like a trade-down if possible.

Solution: Mariota falls, Chip Kelly trades up.

Eagles send: 1.20, 2.52, 2016 2nd rd pick

Bears sent: 1.7

Now the Bears have a mid/late 1st rounder, two 2nd round picks, and a 2016 2nd.

In my last mock I proposed the following:

2015 MOCK DRAFT 1.0

1.20- Landon Collins, S, Alabama

2.39- Eddie Goldman, NT, FSU

2.52- Bernardrick McKinney, ILB, MSU

3-Hronis Grassu, C, Oregon

4-Sean Mannion, QB, Oregon St.

5-Shaquille Mason, OG, GT

6-Jamison Crowder, WR, Duke

Problem 1-AZ54 doesn't like McKinney, and would prefer WR at that spot. Dawhizz and Stinger both think WR needs to go earlier.

Problem 2-AZ54 would like to see RB depth addressed on day 3.

Problem 3-Dawhizz doesn't think it addresses enough 2015 offensive holes, noting the OL deficiencies.

Problem 4-Dawhizz doesn't like Mannion that much.

Redraft:

2015 MOCK DRAFT 2.0

2.52- Sammie Coates, WR, Auburn

3-Arie Kouandjio, G, Alabama

4-Garrett Grayson, QB, Colorado State

5-Za'Darius Smith, OLB, Kentucky

6-Karlos Williams, RB, FSU

P1 - McKinney is gone, and Sammie Coates gets picked in the second round. Huge upside and will contribute immediately.

P2 - Karlos Williams, check.

P3 - Kouandjio starts at RG, Long moves to OT.

P4 - Grayson replaces Mannion.

Based on those moves, other changes obviously had to be made.

Who would have a problem with that draft?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it.

I will say this: This is a bad year for QB behind the top 2 options, and this is a pretty good deep draft in many other position groups. I think our team will be much better overall if we just give up on the idea of drafting a QB with that 4th Rd pick.

1) Like it or not Cutler is here through 2016 so we have a couple years to find someone after this draft.

2) We're not likely to draft any QB in the first two rounds and beyond that, regardless of who we get: Mannion, Grayson, etc. they are not going to be better than Clausen this year. Their long-term ceiling is likely just as a #2. They might be better than Fales but if we get to that point all we want is our 3rd QB to know how to hand off.

2) We draft early in 4th Rd and so we have a prime spot to find someone with a 3rd Rd grade who fell a bit. That talent could really shore up some weakness we have on our roster like Oline, CB, LB, or Dline. I can see a lot of ways to go here and if we did this I prefer to add depth to either Oline or Dline but I'd be ok with any BPA. Add a center in Rd 4 like Finney. Add a WR like Tyler Lockett or Jamison Crowder to beef up the return game and have some real depth and a future among our WR corps (yes, that'd be two WR drafted). Grab a guy like Marcus Hardison to shore up DE. Tackling machine ILBs like Dawson or Perryman could be sitting there.

2015 MOCK DRAFT 1.0

Problem 1-AZ54 doesn't like McKinney, and would prefer WR at that spot. Dawhizz and Stinger both think WR needs to go earlier.

Problem 3-Dawhizz doesn't think it addresses enough 2015 offensive holes, noting the OL deficiencies.

Redraft:

2015 MOCK DRAFT 2.0

P1 - McKinney is gone, and Sammie Coates gets picked in the second round. Huge upside and will contribute immediately.

I think this one has Collins in the right draft spot, but I still dont think he is a special player.

Below is a Matt Miller report on AK and as much as I thought he would be a good pick, I now dont think he will ever be a long time starter let alone the first year.

This probably is as realistic as a draft anyone could throw out there, and I would be ok with it

WEAKNESSES

Kouandjio is not a mover in space and will struggle to execute simple pulls and traps. He’s fine holding down his spot—just don’t ask him to get off it. He’s scheme-limited to a power-blocking system and is far too robotic and rigid as a blocker. Kouandjio doesn’t have many games where he looks like an NFL-caliber player—and that’s tough to change since his frame isn’t carrying bad weight that limits his flexibility and explosion.

I think this one has Collins in the right draft spot, but I still dont think he is a special player.

Below is a Matt Miller report on AK and as much as I thought he would be a good pick, I now dont think he will ever be a long time starter let alone the first year.

This probably is as realistic as a draft anyone could throw out there, and I would be ok with it

WEAKNESSES

Kouandjio is not a mover in space and will struggle to execute simple pulls and traps. He’s fine holding down his spot—just don’t ask him to get off it. He’s scheme-limited to a power-blocking system and is far too robotic and rigid as a blocker. Kouandjio doesn’t have many games where he looks like an NFL-caliber player—and that’s tough to change since his frame isn’t carrying bad weight that limits his flexibility and explosion.

Here is a On the Clock mock, with the trade with Phily and instead of a pick next year got a 5th this year.

I drafted best player available until the later rounds and this is what I came up with.

20 - R1P20 OT ANDRUS PEAT/STANFORD

39 - R2P7 CB MARCUS PETERS/WASHINGTON

52 - R2P20WR NELSON AGHOLOR/SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA

71 - R3P7DE MARIO EDWARDS JR/.FLORIDA STATE

106 - R4P7 RB DAVID COBB/MINNESOTA

142 - R5P6 S ADRIAN AMOS/PENN STATE

145 - R5P9 DT TYELER DAVISON/FRESNO STATE

183 - R6P7 C GREG MANCZ/TOLEDO

I was using Matt Millers player assessment and everybody on this is list is a potential future starter.

Peters and Peat are potential all pros, and that is what we need out of our first 2 picks.

2015 MOCK DRAFT 1.0

Redraft:

2015 MOCK DRAFT 2.0

I definitely hate that draft... any draft with us taking Collins is just horrible. We need a FS not ANOTHER SS! Collins is not a difference maker, what difference did he make against my buckeyes? He is overrated... then a wr with questionable hands??? A mediocre rb at the end when this is one of the best Rb classes in recent history? Then again, the bears have had terrible drafts under emery and Angelo so I guess this could happen, But I'd be just as disappointed as the drafts Emery and Angelo had...

Issues:

AZ54 - More WR prioritization, RB depth addressed, Deprioritize QB

Dawhizz - More WR prioritization, Must address 2015 Offensive holes [NO-MANNION]

Stinger - More WR prioritization [NO-ARIE KUOANDJIO]

bear trap - RB depth addressed, [NO-LANDON COLLINS, SAMMIE COATES]

Taking all those things into consideration, and the recent minor hiccup with Forte...

2015 MOCK DRAFT 3.0

1.20- Jordan Phillips, NT, OK

2.39- Dorial Green-Beckham, WR, OK

2.52- Laken Tomlinson, OG, Duke

3-Duke Johnson, RB, Miami

4-Kurtis Drummond, FS, Mich. St.

6-Cody Fajardo, QB, Nevada

I'm not sure there is a draft we can all agree upon, especially because I view prioritization of the RB position to be a very bad, unnecessary move.

Ignoring my opinion on that minor matter, however, what are the issues with that draft?

Jason, this is very interesting, an attempt to see if there is a draft everyone can agree on, even if it's not anyone's first choice.

What an interesting experiment in parallel processing. Cool.

Issues:

Dawhizz - More WR prioritization, Must address 2015 Offensive holes [NO-MANNION]

Taking all those things into consideration, and the recent minor hiccup with Forte...

2015 MOCK DRAFT 3.0

I'm not sure there is a draft we can all agree upon, especially because I view prioritization of the RB position to be a very bad, unnecessary move.

Ignoring my opinion on that minor matter, however, what are the issues with that draft?

I don't think we're going to find a consensus. I'm not a big fan of a 1st round pick with 30% body fat and a second round pick that might be the next Josh Gordon. With the trade down, noting the various opinions, this would be my proposal:

1 - Jaelen Strong, WR, Arizona State

2 - Carl Davis, DT, Iowa

2 - Damarious Randall, S, Arizona State

3 - Donovan Smith, OT, Penn State

4 - Jake Ryan, LB, Michigan

5 - Javorious Allen, RB, USC

6 - Max Garcia, C/G, Florida

Issues:

2015 MOCK DRAFT 3.0

I wouldn't mind that one at all... a couple changes I would do... if Malcolm brown is there at 20, I take him... take Cobb in the third instead of Johnson, unless Coleman is still there then take Coleman.... I want a Rb that is used to playing in the cold and Cobb got better in worse conditions...

I wouldn't mind that one at all... a couple changes I would do... if Malcolm brown is there at 20, I take him... take Cobb in the third instead of Johnson, unless Coleman is still there then take Coleman.... I want a Rb that is used to playing in the cold and Cobb got better in worse conditions...

Here's mine

I sent #7 to San Fran so they can select cooper as crabtrees replacement

Bears receive #15, #46

15.) Danny Shelton... dt

39.) Tevin Coleman... rb

46.) Shaq Thompson... olb/s

3rd) Hronis Grassu... C

4th) Kurtis Drummond... s

5th) Shaquille mason.... g

6th) Jamison Crowder... wr

I don't think we're going to find a consensus. I'm not a big fan of a 1st round pick with 30% body fat and a second round pick that might be the next Josh Gordon. With the trade down, noting the various opinions, this would be my proposal:

1 - Jaelen Strong, WR, Arizona State

2 - Carl Davis, DT, Iowa

2 - Damarious Randall, S, Arizona State

3 - Donovan Smith, OT, Penn State

4 - Jake Ryan, LB, Michigan

5 - Javorious Allen, RB, USC

6 - Max Garcia, C/G, Florida

That doesn't even address one of your main issues!!! You wanted OL help THIS YEAR.

30142085.jpg

Here's mine

Bears receive #15, #46

15.) Danny Shelton... dt

39.) Tevin Coleman... rb

3rd) Hronis Grassu... C

That doesn't address already established issues with people hating Shaq Thompson, and it also fails the "help the OL this year" clause.

Issues:

Dawhizz - More WR prioritization, Must address 2015 Offensive holes [NO-MANNION, JORDAN PHILLIPS, BECKHAM-GREEN]

bear trap - RB depth addressed (cold weather RB), [NO-LANDON COLLINS, SAMMIE COATES, DUKE JOHNSON]

Taking all those things into consideration...

2015 MOCK DRAFT 4.0

1.20- Malcom Brown, DT, Texas

2.39- Devin Smith, WR, Ohio State

3-David Cobb, RB, Minnesota

That doesn't address already established issues with people hating Shaq Thompson, and it also fails the "help the OL this year" clause.

OK... mason and grassu are the ol help this yr BTW...

15.) Danny Shelton... dt

39.) Tevin Coleman... rb

46.) Phillip Dorset... wr

3rd) Hronis Grassu... C

6th) Ladarius Gunter... cb

Between draft and fa, all three levels of defense have been addressed, Rb, ol, wr all have also been addressed....

Issues:

Dawhizz - More WR prioritization, Must address 2015 Offensive holes [NO-MANNION, JORDAN PHILLIPS, BECKHAM-GREEN]

bear trap - RB depth addressed (cold weather RB), [NO-LANDON COLLINS, SAMMIE COATES, DUKE JOHNSON]

Taking all those things into consideration...

2015 MOCK DRAFT 4.0

I would be OK with this.

It does if I think Donovan Smith can beat out Jordan Mills, which I do.

Dude, c'mon, you're muddying the waters.

You give kudos to the draft that takes Donovan Smith in the 3rd, but dumped on the draft that had Grassu in the 3rd and Mason in the 5th?

OK... mason and grassu are the ol help this yr BTW...

15.) Danny Shelton... dt

39.) Tevin Coleman... rb

46.) Phillip Dorset... wr

3rd) Hronis Grassu... C

6th) Ladarius Gunter... cb

Between draft and fa, all three levels of defense have been addressed, Rb, ol, wr all have also been addressed....

You're also muddying the waters if you don't follow the objections of others. Dawhizz has already stated he wouldn't be in favor of a draft that addressed the 2015 OL with Grassu in the 3rd and Mason in the 5th.

Also, no way IN HELL, I'm cool with a draft that has a RB in the 2nd, unless the Bears trade Forte for that extra second. That would be horrible.

You're also muddying the waters if you don't follow the objections of others. Dawhizz has already stated he wouldn't be in favor of a draft that addressed the 2015 OL with Grassu in the 3rd and Mason in the 5th.

Also, no way IN HELL, I'm cool with a draft that has a RB in the 2nd, unless the Bears trade Forte for that extra second. That would be horrible.

Where's he say that?... I think it has a lil something everyone would like... ol help... not too early yet not late... cb and FS help Rb depth speed wr, and the #1 DT in the draft on some guys boards...

And you're no way in hell OK with a rb in the second yet wasting a pick on a qb when we already have cutler,Clausen, and fales? Who's mudding the waters again? I can understand not wanting a rb in the first but Coleman in the second is a STEAL! He's quite possibly the second best rb in the draft...and a good rb combo =less cuntler ints

Where's he say that?... I think it has a lil something everyone would like... ol help... not too early yet not late... cb and FS help Rb depth speed wr, and the #1 DT in the draft on some guys boards...

And you're no way in hell OK with a rb in the second yet wasting a pick on a qb when we already have cutler,Clausen, and fales? Who's mudding the waters again? I can understand not wanting a rb in the first but Coleman in the second is a STEAL! He's quite possibly the second best rb in the draft...and a good rb combo =less cuntler ints

He said it in the original mock that I made - different thread - which precipitated this entire process.

It's too difficult for everyone to keep track of all other mocks, and reply to the other mocks, and the objections, that's why I'm trying to just adjust the single mock that I am doing to get to an agreed upon mock by all. One that everyone can tolerate that isn't quite their own. Instead of a new mock, suggest a change to the one proposed. I changed it last time based on your proposals. That's what I'm talking about with muddying the waters. Following a single draft and modifying that one makes this an exercise. Everyone submitting their version makes it pointless because we couldn't possible adjust everyone's at the same time.

As far as QB goes, many on this board have talked about A. Disliking Cutler, B. Always trying to find a QB prospect, and C. Drafting a QB prospect each year until one is successful.

Before I go....

1. Andres Peat OT

2. Nelson Aghular WR

2. Carl Davis DT

3. David Johnson RB (IM muddying my own waters here as I don't see RB as a need but to appease the masses....)

4. Gerod Holliman FS

5. Jake Ryan ILB

6. Max Garcia OC

I tried to stay away from OT in the first, since that was a negative to many in previous threads. Having said that, what are the objections with this draft?

2015 MOCK DRAFT 4.0

Is this a draft everyone could live with? Who has specific objections?

Here's mine

Bears receive #15, #46

15.) Danny Shelton... dt

39.) Tevin Coleman... rb

3rd) Hronis Grassu... C

Following your trade:

15) Breshad Perriman - WR

39) Jake Fisher - OT

46) Tevin Coleman - RB

3rd) Hronis Grassu - C

4th) Kurtis Drummond - S

5th) Cam Thomas - CB

6th) Athletic small school sleeper

I trade Forte for a 4th and pick up another DB

He said it in the original mock that I made - different thread - which precipitated this entire process.

I don't know why you think I'm "muddying the waters" with my criticism of Grasu in the 3rd and Mason in 5th. Our weakest position on the line, I assume we would all agree, is RT, and probably next is LT. So if we want to upgrade THIS YEAR, we either need to add a T who can start, or add a guard that can start and move Long to T, which doesn't seem like that difficult a task (your subsequent mock with Laken Tomlinson achieves this, for instance). But adding a center in the 3rd and guard in the 5th probably doesn't do that unless you think Shaq Mason can start right away, which I don't, or start Grasu at G, but everything I've read said he's a natural center.

I didn't mean to cause a kerfuffle. Just giving my opinion.

I tried to stay away from OT in the first, since that was a negative to many in previous threads. Having said that, what are the objections with this draft? 2015 MOCK DRAFT 4.0 1.20- Malcom Brown, DT, Texas 2.39- Devin Smith, WR, Ohio State 2.52- Laken Tomlinson, OG, Duke 3-David Cobb, RB, Minnesota 4-Kurtis Drummond, FS, Mich. St. 5-Za'Darius Smith, OLB, Kentucky 6-Cody Fajardo, QB, Nevada Is this a draft everyone could live with? Who has specific objections?

I could not live with that... :blink: . I don't like what I've read on Devin Smith WR and do we really need another project QB? They really do not turn out unless you put in time and effort. I don't think we ever made one of our QB picks a priority to develop.

Devin Smith has the speed to get separation fast vertically, but is also inconsistent at tracking the ball. His routes are unproven. His speed is mainly straight-line speed and his lean frame is nearly maxed out.