Bennett trade rumours

'TD'

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter · 34m 34 minutes ago

Bears entertaining trade offers for Pro Bowl TE Martellus Bennett, per league sources. Bennett wants a new contract in Chicago or anywhere.

I think this would take my disliking Pace to hating him.

With that said, what do you think Bennett could draw in trade? A 3rd like Greg Olsen?

With that said, what do you think Bennett could draw in trade? A 3rd like Greg Olsen?

I'll just say, if they got what they got for Marshall it's clear to me that a 3rd for Bennett isn't happening. And anything less than a 3rd is bullshit. This draft is weak on TE.

All that is floated out there is he didnt attend non required training camp, so all of a sudden we are trading him? Thats all bullshit, he may want more money but either sits on the bench in pants or goes out and play.

Rumors about everything and anything will be flying like no tomorrow for the next few days.

I really am not putting stock in anything until it's fact.

All that is floated out there is he didnt attend non required training camp, so all of a sudden we are trading him? Thats all bullshit, he may want more money but either sits on the bench in pants or goes out and play.

I don't want to trade Bennett but I think the new regime is not accepting his sitting out demanding a new contract. So they are sending him a message: We'll shop you around and see if anyone else wants to pay you and us in a trade. It is a way of demonstrating his value. Bennett is not a player another team has to game plan around and never will be.

One deal I would take is Wilkerson (Jets DT) in exchange for Bennett and yes we'd have to pay Wilkerson but he'd be an anchor on our Dline from day 1.

I don't want to trade Bennett but I think the new regime is not accepting his sitting out demanding a new contract. So they are sending him a message: We'll shop you around and see if anyone else wants to pay you and us in a trade. It is a way of demonstrating his value. Bennett is not a player another team has to game plan around and never will be.

One deal I would take is Wilkerson (Jets DT) in exchange for Bennett and yes we'd have to pay Wilkerson but he'd be an anchor on our Dline from day 1.

Just read where Bennett is holding out for a new contract and will not report for anything. He is making over 5 mil a year. One year does not make a career, just being a bonehead. If we can get a 2 for him, we probably take it, otherwise, he gets to sit out and be fined.

It sucks, but he is looking up at guys like Dennis Pitta and Jared Cook making more than him. Maybe he can be included in a trade up somewhere. Problem is, as others mentioned, this is weak TE draft and The Bears don't gave a real replacement for him.

He led the league for TE's in receptions, was 3rd in yards, and tied for 7th in TDs. Compare that to Graham who was 2nd, 5th, and 4th and doesn't block worth of shit. If you can get Graham for a 1st rounder, I can't see taking anything less than a 2nd for Bennett.

He led the league for TE's in receptions, was 3rd in yards, and tied for 7th in TDs. Compare that to Graham who was 2nd, 5th, and 4th and doesn't block worth of shit. If you can get Graham for a 1st rounder, I can't see taking anything less than a 2nd for Bennett.

Saints also got a 2 time pro bowl center in that trade. The Bears SHOULD be able to get a 2nd, but Graham has a bigger name which could mean something sadly.

Id think about a 3rd but would still be highly disappointed considering the draft class.

Jermaine Gresham is still out there and is a good option, though the fact that hes still unsigned scares me a bit with his back problem. Devon Funchess is a little intriguing in the draft considering Gase had Julius Thomas as his TE and he was never really relied on to block.

Saints also got a 2 time pro bowl center in that trade. The Bears SHOULD be able to get a 2nd, but Graham has a bigger name which could mean something sadly.

Id think about a 3rd but would still be highly disappointed considering the draft class.

Jermaine Gresham is still out there and is a good option, though the fact that hes still unsigned scares me a bit with his back problem. Devon Funchess is a little intriguing in the draft considering Gase had Julius Thomas as his TE and he was never really relied on to block.

Yeah, I forgot about Unger, that makes it even more compensation for Graham. Even with the name, it is hard to not compare the production from last year. Based on draft value, I would not take a pick worse than 60.

We regretted letting go of our last elite TE who has produced for Carolina, I would hate to make the same mistake again.

Yeah, I forgot about Unger, that makes it even more compensation for Graham. Even with the name, it is hard to not compare the production from last year. Based on draft value, I would not take a pick worse than 60.

We regretted letting go of our last elite TE who has produced for Carolina, I would hate to make the same mistake again.

I can understand why a new GM with new coaches doesnt want to deal with this crap. Forte lipping off, Bennett wanting more money. Screw them guys, if you can get a 3rd for either one of them , go for it. The other way to look at it is, we tried to trade you and no takers, you want to play football, park your car in the lot, and gets your uniform on. If he wants to go year by year for money, he wont like what he gets when he does average.

I can understand why a new GM with new coaches doesnt want to deal with this crap. Forte lipping off, Bennett wanting more money. Screw them guys, if you can get a 3rd for either one of them , go for it. The other way to look at it is, we tried to trade you and no takers, you want to play football, park your car in the lot, and gets your uniform on. If he wants to go year by year for money, he wont like what he gets when he does average.

3 teams that could be available for a trade Balt-Cleve and NOs.

NO has an extra 3rd and extra 5h, and with Graham gone may want to get a TE not available in the draft.

Would not be good for us to trade Bennett, but if he is going to be a pain in the ass,,maybe now is the time to do it. and grab like a Watford or Kroft with one of our extra picks we get. frees up more money gets us an extra pick to boot.

I am sure this hold out coupled with the issues the Bears had with Bennett last August when he was suspended has a lot to do with the "rumors"

I would not want to see him traded without getting good value but I can certainly understand Fox & Pace wanting to not only reload the roster with talent but also make sure all players on the team are "all in" and ready to kick butt.

The one common thread with Bennett and Marshall, is they both criticized Cutler publicly last year.

IF the rumors are true, I agree the saint's do make sense with the extra picks and Pace's connection to the Saints. Capwise, he would probably just fit in with money saved back for rookie signings for them.

The one common thread with Bennett and Marshall, is they both criticized Cutler publicly last year.

IF the rumors are true, I agree the saint's do make sense with the extra picks and Pace's connection to the Saints. Capwise, he would probably just fit in with money saved back for rookie signings for them.

This new regime has no history with these players, none of this has anything to do with Cutler. Another thing to consider is it may be a couple of years before we win again, so they probably want to go somewhere , where they can win now. Good luck with trying to get a new contract when your not honoring the one you have.