By far and away worst team in NFL....

Guest TerraTor

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, a case can be made that it's everyone else's fault under the sun but Jay's. I'm just not buying it again. I bought for 5+ years. I'm selling now.

I don't care about hypothetical. I care about what is going to happen from here on out. And I don't see us going the distance w/ Jay. The rose tint has worn off that pair of sunglasses. I want a new and better pair of shades.

Throw out the whole coordinator thing and as you said it's a team sport. Did he not have a sorry group of WRs and a bad OL when the D was playing well? The past 2 and 2/16th seasons has the D not been disatrious?

Just based on the fact that he had a solid record with a good D, would I be wrong in thinking that if the D was good now the team would be even better than it was back when he was 30 games over?

Sure, a case can be made that it's everyone else's fault under the sun but Jay's. I'm just not buying it again. I bought for 5+ years. I'm selling now.

I don't care about hypothetical. I care about what is going to happen from here on out. And I don't see us going the distance w/ Jay. The rose tint has worn off that pair of sunglasses. I want a new and better pair of shades.

Something tells me well both need to stock up on our "elixers" of choice in order to cope.

:cheers

Man this stuff almost writes itself. Not sure if Mad addressed this below but I'd like to point out some things here. This, I assume, is the 2010 NFC Championship game you're talking about? The one that Jay threw the INT for a score then shortly after was injured? Then sat long faced on the sideline the rest of the game. The same game where Caleb Hanie was THE GUY who brought the team to ONE TD from going to the Super Bowl before throwing that INT to BJ Raji in the endzone or real close? That the game you're talking about?

But before I get ahead of myself I should probably ask, 'where was Martellus Bennett" when Jay threw that pick 6? Did he go the wrong way? Did he misread Jay's call in the huddle? Wait he was playing for Dallas that year, so maybe he wasn't the cause?

You do remember the playoff game before that. You know, the one where Jay kicked royal butt?

You mean against this particular Seahawks team?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Seattle_Seahawks_season

The 2010 Seattle Seahawks season was the 35th season for the team in the National Football League. Jim Mora was fired on January 8, 2010,[1] leading the Seahawks to come to an agreement with Pete Carroll, instating him as head coach the following day. This marked the 9th season that the Seahawks would be playing their home games at Qwest Field. The team exceeded their win total from 2009 and won the NFC West with a 7–9 record. They became the first team in a full season to finish with a sub-.500 record and make the playoffs, a berth which was by virtue of winning the division. The 2010 Seahawks also became the first sub-.500 team to win a playoff game with their home win against the 11–5 New Orleans Saints, but would have their season ended by the 2nd-seed Chicago Bears in the divisional round. The 2010 Seahawks currently have the lowest win percentage of any team to ever make the playoffs.

Statistics website Football Outsiders calculated that the 2010 Seahawks were only the second-worst team (after the 2004 Rams) that they'd ever rated to qualify for the playoffs.[2

You do remember the playoff game before that. You know, the one where Jay kicked royal butt?

The 2010 Seattle Seahawks season was the 35th season for the team in the National Football League. Jim Mora was fired on January 8, 2010,[1] leading the Seahawks to come to an agreement with Pete Carroll, instating him as head coach the following day. This marked the 9th season that the Seahawks would be playing their home games at Qwest Field. The team exceeded their win total from 2009 and won the NFC West with a 7–9 record. They became the first team in a full season to finish with a sub-.500 record and make the playoffs, a berth which was by virtue of winning the division. The 2010 Seahawks also became the first sub-.500 team to win a playoff game with their home win against the 11–5 New Orleans Saints, but would have their season ended by the 2nd-seed Chicago Bears in the divisional round. The 2010 Seahawks currently have the lowest win percentage of any team to ever make the playoffs.

Statistics website Football Outsiders calculated that the 2010 Seahawks were only the second-worst team (after the 2004 Rams) that they'd ever rated to qualify for the playoffs.[2

We still crushed them. Jay played great in a huge game.

Careful Mad, they're going to lump you with me. Im gradually working my way towards Terra level egregiousness.

:lol: 😡

I'll just add one thing to this thread, which is adding on to DBDB's comments, and that is the fact, FACT, that Jay Cutler has never had a great OL while in Chicago. There have been good players here and there, but pretty much every year the majority of the OL has been subpar.

09-Pace, Omiyale, Kreutz, Garza, Williams - Pace and Omiyale were not good, and Williams was figuring things out post-move

10-Omiyale, Williams, Kreutz, Garza, Webb - BOTH OTs are horrible, Williams continues to get the run-around

11-Webb, Williams, Garza, Spencer, Louis - Yikes! And still the Williams dilemma, finding out he might not be a good OG.

12-Webb, Rachal, Garza, Louis, Carimi - Louis no good outside? Draft a rookie OT and move Louis inside, where he sucks.

13-Bushrod, Slauson, Garza, Long, Mills - This is the one year. The infamous Cutler vs McCown year we have talked about ad nauseum. I still contend that Cutler would have pounded the defenses McCown did, and would have gone for about 4000yds, 30TDs, 17INTs. BTW - Mills was good for a rookie, but he was still not that good.

14-Bushrod, Ola, Garza, Long, Mills - Ola started more games than Slauson, and there is serious debate about whether Bushrod was subpar and on the decline.

15 - It remains to be seen...

I remember the whole PFF article that said Bushrod was a lateral move from Webb. I honestly think its fairly true. A baby step forward with Bushrod is garbage.

Dude, WEBB was donkey shit. I don't care what PFF stats say. The Left side has been 10 times better ever since Bushrod came to town, is he perfect no but now he is getting up there in age and has some nagging injuries.

Dude, WEBB was donkey shit. I don't care what PFF stats say. The Left side has been 10 times better ever since Bushrod came to town, is he perfect no but now he is getting up there in age and has some nagging injuries.

Not getting into this again but I will respectively say they are both donkey shit.

We definately need to invest more draft picks on the O line. I would like to see a first or second round spent here in the next draft. I think on D, we can spend some cap money on defensive backs to improve that unit. I am torn between taking QB with the first or OLT or 5T DE. Cutler can be servicable with a complete unit I feel, but a new face would excite the doubters (Goff). If they go QB or Bosa etc rd1, then round two needs to be on the oline.

Right now, Colts fans are angry. They are starting to call for Paganos head and the young GM Grigson. Their D is getting old and they have a poor O line. Sounds familiar.

With 7 draft picks, you hope 3 or 4 make it as contibutors. Building a team is tough in this era yet Patriots and Packers seem to find success. It is about having a sucessful gm that picks good coaches that can stay together for years. Together they pick players they will believe in to develop long term. We may be disappointed today, but this is year one of a turn around.

We definately need to invest more draft picks on the O line. I would like to see a first or second round spent here in the next draft. I think on D, we can spend some cap money on defensive backs to improve that unit. I am torn between taking QB with the first or OLT or 5T DE. Cutler can be servicable with a complete unit I feel, but a new face would excite the doubters (Goff). If they go QB or Bosa etc rd1, then round two needs to be on the oline.

Right now, Colts fans are angry. They are starting to call for Paganos head and the young GM Grigson. Their D is getting old and they have a poor O line. Sounds familiar.

With 7 draft picks, you hope 3 or 4 make it as contibutors. Building a team is tough in this era yet Patriots and Packers seem to find success. It is about having a sucessful gm that picks good coaches that can stay together for years. Together they pick players they will believe in to develop long term. We may be disappointed today, but this is year one of a turn around.

We invest picks on the Oline. We need to be better at finding talent and developing talent. You can't miss on 1st Rd picks like Carimi, Williams and then say we need to keep investing. Those guys should be at least good starters for 8-10 years.

We invest picks on the Oline. We need to be better at finding talent and developing talent. You can't miss on 1st Rd picks like Carimi, Williams and then say we need to keep investing. Those guys should be at least good starters for 8-10 years.

You know what's weird about it is that you almost have to be Carnac in order to get it absolutely right. Take us as an example. Carimi and Williams were touted as first round talent and 'can't miss' opportunities from the supposed experts. Yet Long, who only played what was it two years in college was one "they" were VERY cautiously optimistic about.

That's an excellent point. The draft is a complete crap shoot typically. But we need 1st find the talent. Which we've done. Problem is having the development staff to get those guys to show off there talent consistently. Which has been a major failure for a long time. Especially on offense.

We need to find the talent for sure 10 years of misses. I think Carimi could have stuck around if it wasn't for the knee injury, that took away his biggest asset of power. Williams was just piss poor evaluation imo, you cannot miss red flag back problems. Many of us called for Brandon Albert that year even if he was considered more of a G. I am high on USC C, Max Tuerk. I think he will be a great G or possible RT in the NFL. I hope he is our Rd 2 pick if he doesnt keep climbing into rd1. Then we can take a later flier on a OLT development prospect like Joe Haeg of North Dakota St U. This offense is loaded with potential if they can just block or not draw a flag. Defense has a way to go, but they have a young solid front 7 to start. I think Pace should target the best CB and S in FA and buy some time with the D. Add a first rd 5T in Bosa/Nkimdiche to boast the front while waiting on the contracts of Houston, Young, Allen to expire. This is of course if we keep tanking to reach those guys in the top 5. If not, there are some great ILBs in this class with J Smith, S Wright, M Jack we can think about too.

• 2 weeks later...