By far and away worst team in NFL....

Guest TerraTor

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bears are in NFL hell. One of the worst teams in the league with absolutely no young talent to be excited about. This is going to be a loooooooong rebuild. It's going to be a multiple year effort, and that's assuming the draft picks are good.

I feel the same way. It's the point of my recently made thread. Waaaay too many holes to fill.

It all depends on how well the bears draft at QB. GB isn't a much better team outside of rodgers. They may only 2 or 3 players ahead of the Bears if you exclude him.

If they want a team that will win despite the QB it will take a long time. They don't have a single star on D and one of the worst secondaries in the league.

I wish the Bears played like this last year so the Bears could have gotten Mariota.

We also played 2 of the best teams in the league and will face a 3rd one next week. These first 3 games were going to be brutal either way.

Not that it's a fair comparison but wasn't it about this time last year when Aaron Rodgers said "R-E-L-A-X"? They were 1-2 at the point... Way to early to completely give up. And like you said Adam, these first three were going to be tough no matter what. It doesn't help that large pieces of your offense are out from injuries.

Guest TerraTor
Not that it's a fair comparison but wasn't it about this time last year when Aaron Rodgers said "R-E-L-A-X"? They were 1-2 at the point... Way to early to completely give up. And like you said Adam, these first three were going to be tough no matter what. It doesn't help that large pieces of your offense are out from injuries.

Yes.. AAron Rodgers said that.... the best QB in the nfl

We will be awful. What makes you think we won't be?

It all depends on how well the bears draft at QB. GB isn't a much better team outside of rodgers. They may only 2 or 3 players ahead of the Bears if you exclude him.

If they want a team that will win despite the QB it will take a long time. They don't have a single star on D and one of the worst secondaries in the league.

I wish the Bears played like this last year so the Bears could have gotten Mariota.

We are not good. In fact we are awful. Horrible. Miserable. An embarassment to all of us involved.

We will be awful. What makes you think we won't be?

They will be awful for a few years if not more. I'm far from sold on Pace. As I said earlier, I think the Bears are a great QB away from being competitive. If they throw in a complete secondary and defensive play maker then they can be a top team in the league. The Bears are bad because of bad drafting and decisions going back to Jerry Angelo. This is all the front office and ownership's fault. Pieces are there, some great pieces in Alshon and Long and I think possibly Langford. The other pieces arer mostly filler starters or quality depth until the Bears get good.

The Bears are in NFL hell. One of the worst teams in the league with absolutely no young talent to be excited about. This is going to be a loooooooong rebuild. It's going to be a multiple year effort, and that's assuming the draft picks are good.

I disagree there: I like Kyle Long and I believe he will become very good at RT before this season is over but we have to give him time to get that cast off his right hand.

I really like what Eddie Goldman does on rushing downs. He's young, entered the draft early and still has a lot to learn.

I like Kevin White and I'm not sure why people would be down on a 6'3" WR with 4.4 speed who can make tough contested catches. Granted the guy is injured but to write him off before he ever sees the field?

Surprisingly I even like Alshon Jeffrey.

I also like Amos but realize he's learning a totally new position and there are going to be a lot of mistakes. I can't say he's one to be excited about though.

I think Langford will be a very good player for us.

We desperately need a pass rusher or two on the Dline. That has to be a priority. Behind that we need to keep throwing darts at the DB position. Surprisingly (and depressingly) the CBs are there on almost every play, even SMC was right there on Fitzgerald, we need these guys to turn around and knock the ball down. That's coachable but reality is some guys have a knack for it and some never get it. Regardless, with this lousy pass rush we will hang these guys out to dry every game.

Assuming Long settles in at RT we need a LT. Or does Long learn RT this season and slide to LT next year?

I'm sure I'm alone on this but on Cutler's INT: Martellus Bennett cannot stop and sit down in front of a player and then run out of that spot when Cutler starts to throw. I have no idea if that is how the route is supposed to be executed (sit down) or if it should be a straight drag route across the face of the LB. QB needs to know where he's going and how he's going there. It's especially critical on quick timing routes in traffic.

I disagree there: I like Kyle Long and I believe he will become very good at RT before this season is over but we have to give him time to get that cast off his right hand.

I really like what Eddie Goldman does on rushing downs. He's young, entered the draft early and still has a lot to learn.

I like Kevin White and I'm not sure why people would be down on a 6'3" WR with 4.4 speed who can make tough contested catches. Granted the guy is injured but to write him off before he ever sees the field?

Surprisingly I even like Alshon Jeffrey.

I also like Amos but realize he's learning a totally new position and there are going to be a lot of mistakes. I can't say he's one to be excited about though.

I think Langford will be a very good player for us.

We desperately need a pass rusher or two on the Dline. That has to be a priority. Behind that we need to keep throwing darts at the DB position. Surprisingly (and depressingly) the CBs are there on almost every play, even SMC was right there on Fitzgerald, we need these guys to turn around and knock the ball down. That's coachable but reality is some guys have a knack for it and some never get it. Regardless, with this lousy pass rush we will hang these guys out to dry every game.

Assuming Long settles in at RT we need a LT. Or does Long learn RT this season and slide to LT next year?

I'm sure I'm alone on this but on Cutler's INT: Martellus Bennett cannot stop and sit down in front of a player and then run out of that spot when Cutler starts to throw. I have no idea if that is how the route is supposed to be executed (sit down) or if it should be a straight drag route across the face of the LB. QB needs to know where he's going and how he's going there. It's especially critical on quick timing routes in traffic.

I don't know that you can qualify that as a "sit down" that Bennett made. He stuttered more than anything and Cutler fired about a half second later. I'm going to bet that he was watching Marty nearly the whole way allowing Jefferson (like Matthews like last week) to jump in and INT. something Jay might have noticed if he actually went through his progressions her'd have seen Royals defender fell down on the right and Bellamy was open for a nice come back just behind Martellus. Would've probably gotten the 1sr down too.

I don't know that you can qualify that as a "sit down" that Bennett made. He stuttered more than anything and Cutler fired about a half second later. I'm going to bet that he was watching Marty nearly the whole way allowing Jefferson (like Matthews like last week) to jump in and INT. something Jay might have noticed if he actually went through his progressions her'd have seen Royals defender fell down on the right and Bellamy was open for a nice come back just behind Martellus. Would've probably gotten the 1sr down too.

Jefferson didn't jump any route, he was stepping up to the spot where Bennett stopped/hesitated and was still a yard or two behind Bennett. He was actually coming from the right side of the offenses formation. Fox said it's a sight-adjustment play so one guy read it one way, and the other read it differently. I don't expect they'll tell us exactly what the keys are here and what should have happened but the QB and any receiver have to be on the same page on how the route should be run.

If your first read is open, as Bennett was, why should you go to your second read? From snap to start of throw is about 1.5 seconds. If the pass were completed and he cleared Jefferson, Bennett had plenty of room to run likely for a first down. If Bennett stops and makes the catch it was at least a 5yd gain if completed. If Bennett never hesitated and just hit the cut and ran (assuming Cutler threw it that way) he'd have had a big gain.

I don't know the sequence of the other reads on that play. I'm pretty sure the CB who fell down was Patrick Peterson and I don't advocate ever looking his way knowing the WR is running an out route to the far sideline that can be easily undercut by a guy like Peterson. Jimmy Clausen didn't get that memo. Both WRs on the right side ran out routes pulling defenders with them. On the left side the other WR does a quick come back about 8 yards upfield.

Why do you want a QB to bail on the first read when the defense is moving in ways that will leave him open?

Until otherwise, I think we all have reason to worry.

They will be awful for a few years if not more. I'm far from sold on Pace. As I said earlier, I think the Bears are a great QB away from being competitive. If they throw in a complete secondary and defensive play maker then they can be a top team in the league. The Bears are bad because of bad drafting and decisions going back to Jerry Angelo. This is all the front office and ownership's fault. Pieces are there, some great pieces in Alshon and Long and I think possibly Langford. The other pieces arer mostly filler starters or quality depth until the Bears get good.

There are currently 8 0-2 teams, with a potential for 9 if Indy loses tonight.

Seahawks, Ravens, Eagles, Giants, Lions, Saints, Texans, and the Bears. The interesting part is that only the Bears, Eagles, and Giants have faced teams that are both currently 2-0. The Lions opponents are 2-2, meaning the only teams the Lions opponents have beat are the Lions. For comparison sake, we lost to GB by 8, SEA lost by 10.

I know it looks bad right now and the Cardinals game completely got out of hand after the Pick-6 and injury, but up to that point it was competitive (and that was after the initial KO taken back for a TD). Cutler's only incompletion was the Pick-6, and he had a perfect Passer Rating before that play. This was also with Alshon and Kevin White. I am not worried about the offense.

The defense is a different story. We can't get pressure, and our DB's can't cover anyone. I am surprised at how ineffective Houston, Young, and Allen have been.

Jefferson didn't jump any route, he was stepping up to the spot where Bennett stopped/hesitated and was still a yard or two behind Bennett. He was actually coming from the right side of the offenses formation. Fox said it's a sight-adjustment play so one guy read it one way, and the other read it differently. I don't expect they'll tell us exactly what the keys are here and what should have happened but the QB and any receiver have to be on the same page on how the route should be run.

If your first read is open, as Bennett was, why should you go to your second read? From snap to start of throw is about 1.5 seconds. If the pass were completed and he cleared Jefferson, Bennett had plenty of room to run likely for a first down. If Bennett stops and makes the catch it was at least a 5yd gain if completed. If Bennett never hesitated and just hit the cut and ran (assuming Cutler threw it that way) he'd have had a big gain.

I don't know the sequence of the other reads on that play. I'm pretty sure the CB who fell down was Patrick Peterson and I don't advocate ever looking his way knowing the WR is running an out route to the far sideline that can be easily undercut by a guy like Peterson. Jimmy Clausen didn't get that memo. Both WRs on the right side ran out routes pulling defenders with them. On the left side the other WR does a quick come back about 8 yards upfield.

Why do you want a QB to bail on the first read when the defense is moving in ways that will leave him open?

Excellent post. Nailed it from top to bottom.

I love the thought but we don't have Rodgers! On the same point the Seahawks are 0-2 as well.

Who I am kidding, the Bears have a LOOOOOOONNNNNGGGGGGGG WAY TO GO!

I think the only guy that showed on D was McPhpee. Not stellar, but he looked like he was out there hustling. When no one else on the line helps, his job is tougher.

The defense is a different story. We can't get pressure, and our DB's can't cover anyone. I am surprised at how ineffective Houston, Young, and Allen have been.