Bears sign Ziggy Hood and cut Ratliifle on bleacher report

50england50

F Berstein. The Bears owe him nothing...

They owe us. Bring a trophy home! That's all we care about! And do it with class, dropping bad eggs and not deflating footballs...

Dan Bernstein on the score has been throwing a fit over this. When will the local media learn that this new regime does not cater to them. News does not come easily from this regime and I kind of like it that way. Ratliff screwed up big time and the Bears did their best to protect the player and his privacy by withholding this. Hopefully he gets his life together because the NFL is a privilege to be in and make a living from.

They owe us. Bring a trophy home! That's all we care about! And do it with class, dropping bad eggs and not deflating footballs...

freak it if we gotta deflate a football or 2 along the way as long as it brings the trophy back where it belongs lol. In all honesty I love this move. For 1 every one knows we aren't a contending team but a move like this from pace sends a direct message to every player that to put on this hallowed uniform you will obey rules and toe the line or you will be sent packing. Quite the opposite from last ur where the players ran the asylum

Bernstein is a whiny little bitch, but to be honest I listen to B and B, they have good information and add a lot of humor to my day. I listen to the SCORE a lot of the day, just into sports that much and like most of there hosts.

Agreed...

Given my work schedule I only really catch the tail end of Mully, the start of Matt & Jason, the end of B&B and the start of Lawrence.

I generally like Holmes the best.

Bernstein is a whiny little bitch, but to be honest I listen to B and B, they have good information and add a lot of humor to my day. I listen to the SCORE a lot of the day, just into sports that much and like most of there hosts.

I never thought this(the story of him calling himself the devil and wishing death upon employees kids) would end up being true, it was just too bizzare. TMZ reported today that this was indeed true..... Wow.

Wtf kind of drugs was he on?

Yep. His agent just released a statement saying Ratliff remembers nothing from the incident and that he's being treated for a medical condition stemming from last week's game. He's making it sound now like he just went psychotic. My guess is this is some kind of mental illness or CTE and probably drugs/alcohol that caused him to go crazy. He needs help.

I'm still wondering how a 300b man this athletic can't get more than 12.5 sacks in 5 years. It's easy to see what got him drafted in the 1st Rd. I get the whole "jumping out of a pool doesn't mean a thing" in terms of playing football but OTOH the physical traits are there so the question becomes "what is missing?" Attitude? Film study? Knowing and executing his assignment? Workout dedication? Just because he was working hard in 2012 doesn't mean he did so in other off-seasons. It's not like the Steelers can't develop Dline players so I'd say he's had the proper coaching.

Nobody knew Ratliff was going to blow up as he did yet the Bears were very quick signing Hood so they clearly already had interest. He's late to the program so I don't expect he'll be anything other than what he's done throughout his career as compared to a guy like Jenkins who had the entire offseason to work with the coaches and has pleasantly surprised us with more pass rush than he's shown in years past. As street mid-season FA's go he's a better prospect than what Emery brought in mid-season to help the Dline get past injuries.