OMG CUT MARIANI

jason

I hate Mariani more than any Bear player I can remember in a while. He drops punts. When he catches them he has the vision of Ray Charles on returns. And on kickoffs, despite the team not getting any sort of blocking, he returns them when he catches the ball 8-9 yards deep in the end zone. He did it twice now in this Minnesota game.

It's time for the Bears to go a different direction. This dude is slow, has iffy hands, has bad vision, makes poor decisions, and did I mention he's slow?

Please replace this turd pronto.

He's not fumbling and making mistakes. The opposite would be catastrophic to any building process right now.

Her certainly muffed two punts today, and returned two he should have kneeled down. "He's not fumbling" is not necessarily a net gain. Pointing out that he's not doing the worst possible thing he could do is not a good way to say something positive about the guy.

Her certainly muffed two punts today, and returned two he should have kneeled down. "He's not fumbling" is not necessarily a net gain. Pointing out that he's not doing the worst possible thing he could do is not a good way to say something positive about the guy.

Just saying that he's, quite possibly, the lesser of two evils. He's solid, but not at all spectacular. Fox knows this team is devoid. Mariani will not be the return guy next year.

I'd be perfectly fine if they cut Mariani tomorrow and signed Hayne to return kicks. Meredith was inactive today but IMO he can easily replace any production Mariani gives us at WR, if not more. Hayne is a threat with the ball in his hands, Mariani is not.

It is laughable that he's still on this roster. Eddie Royal has returned kicks for years in Denver and SD. Why the freak can't he do it now??

because he is a third wide receiver at best, and the bears traded away marshall, and overpaid royal so they have to try to keep him healthy

We used to have arguably the best return man in the history of the league and now we have a guy that is absolutely no threat to the opposing team, while every game there is a big return for a TD against the Bears. Not only should Mariani be cut but, the special teams coordinator should be getting a pink slip also.

By the way, I do agree that I've seen enough of him. I also haven't seen anything from our blocking units either.

Hell, except for Robbie Gould, our special team units are anything but special. Toub really looks like a god right now

Here's some other names:

Josh Cribbs - Holy hell. How is this guy not getting daily texts and calls from the Bears? Most career KO return TDs. Two KO returns of 100 yards in one game! Led the league with 32YPR on punts LAST YEAR.

Donnie Avery - 4.28 forty. FOUR.TWOEIGHT. That's all I care about with him. Absolute burner. He could run forward blind-folded with that speed and do better than Mariani.

Da'Rick Rogers - He's a stud athlete (dominated the combine) and would be better than Mariani on pure athleticism.

Terrell Pryor - Great natural running instincts. Deceiving speed. Superb athlete.

Lol even before he muffed the kick, he had some dumb decisions on Kick Returns. When he muffed the kick, I looked at my wife and said...this guy has a thread dedicated to him on the web for how much he sucks...and yes, I was referring to this one.

But come on...call the fair catch for pete sake and don't be so stupid out of the end zone. It isn't just the dropped kicks of the lack of returns, it is just the stupid decisions before the return even happens.

Lol even before he muffed the kick, he had some dumb decisions on Kick Returns. When he muffed the kick, I looked at my wife and said...this guy has a thread dedicated to him on the web for how much he sucks...and yes, I was referring to this one.

But come on...call the fair catch for pete sake and don't be so stupid out of the end zone. It isn't just the dropped kicks of the lack of returns, it is just the stupid decisions before the return even happens.

Yeah, he lost 14 yards on Kickoffs compared to touchbacks and the fumble that cost the team 3 points on the punt. All avoidable negative plays. Just like penalties, negative plays are hard to overcome in this league.

There is no way he's the best option on the team.

Fox and staff have done a superb job with the team this year, but this is one area where they have severely missed the boat.

BRING BACK LOVIE!!!

Well, at least he always had good ST's and D.

You're right, this group of coaches is excellent except for this one particular area. Not sure why they can't see what we all do. I'd fire the ST coach too.