Bears vs Redskins Game Thread

adam

Shea is and never will be stout enough at the point of contact. Tired of watching him get ran over. I miss linebackers that drive through ball carriers. Robbie is a disappointment for the second week in a row. But in the end this team was destined to be pretenders. The defense composition was not ideal for the 3-4 with real playmakers and Fangio got more out of them to disguise the talent void. All in all, I'm encouraged even with this record with the new staff and GM. I trust they will evaluate players well this coming offseason and if they don't hold muster they are gone and I'm cool with that.

Just finished watching game on dvr. Disappointed in the loss. I really like Millers play this year and thought he look very good last year in the preseason which was negated by season ending IR. Cutler looks very comfortable in the style offense and he is playing his best football of his career this season. Hopefully we can keep the coaching staff together for a couple more seasons. The only game the bears have been embarrassed this season was the Seattle game. By the way Clausen had a similar result against the hawks as a member of the Ravens today. Is it me or are the bears not calling passing plays to the middle that much this season? Feels like they are avoiding this area.

Just finished watching game on dvr. Disappointed in the loss. I really like Millers play this year and thought he look very good last year in the preseason which was negated by season ending IR. Cutler looks very comfortable in the style offense and he is playing his best football of his career this season. Hopefully we can keep the coaching staff together for a couple more seasons. The only game the bears have been embarrassed this season was the Seattle game. By the way Clausen had a similar result against the hawks as a member of the Ravens today. Is it me or are the bears not calling passing plays to the middle that much this season? Feels like they are avoiding this area.

Yeah, I am sure it is to cut down on the turnovers.

Here is a weird observation, we have either thrown an INT or missed a FG in every loss except for the Seattle game. Cutler has thrown a pick in 5 losses, and Gould has a missed a FG in 3 losses.

Simply put, given our lack of skill, our margin for error is almost zero.

Yeah, I am sure it is to cut down on the turnovers.

Here is a weird observation, we have either thrown an INT or missed a FG in every loss except for the Seattle game. Cutler has thrown a pick in 5 losses, and Gould has a missed a FG in 3 losses.

Agreed. The Penalties on offense are just all mental mistakes that should not be happening as much as they did against WAS.

The offenses life would have been a hole lot easier with the penalties. After this last game Im starting to think Long needs to go back to OG.

Definitely agree on Long.

Agreed. The Penalties on offense are just all mental mistakes that should not be happening as much as they did against WAS.

The offenses life would have been a hole lot easier with the penalties. After this last game Im starting to think Long needs to go back to OG.

Long has actually been one of the worst ROT's all year since he took over. He had a couple of decent games, but for the most part has been below average at best. He was dominant at Guard, so I agree that moving him back to ROG would seem to be the best for the team and him going forward.

What kills us more is the fact that we don't create turnovers, like at all. That and we consistently have penalties. A lot of the penalties are on our oline and they are because of the lack of talent up front. I think oline is moving up my list of needs (along with impact defensive players).

What kills us more is the fact that we don't create turnovers, like at all. That and we consistently have penalties. A lot of the penalties are on our oline and they are because of the lack of talent up front. I think oline is moving up my list of needs (along with impact defensive players).

My thought on biggest needs for next year

1.Oline

1A. Inside Linebackers

after that its a toss up. you need to get more pressure on the QB so do you go OLB or Dline? Still need some DB help, which brings up the questions, will a better pass rush make the lifes of the DB's better. With Paces hits on Amos and Cahallan later in the rounds it makes me thing going Dline and OLB early would be better.

With Plenty of money in FA and another Pace draft the Bears could easily be Playoff Contenders. It will be interested to see what the FA market looks like. Hopefully the FA market and Draft class strengths match up with Bears needs.

Depending on where the Bears draft this year we could possibly see two top draft picks suiting up for the Bears next year (with white finally playing).

My thought on biggest needs for next year

1.Oline

1A. Inside Linebackers

after that its a toss up. you need to get more pressure on the QB so do you go OLB or Dline? Still need some DB help, which brings up the questions, will a better pass rush make the lifes of the DB's better. With Paces hits on Amos and Cahallan later in the rounds it makes me thing going Dline and OLB early would be better.

With Plenty of money in FA and another Pace draft the Bears could easily be Playoff Contenders. It will be interested to see what the FA market looks like. Hopefully the FA market and Draft class strengths match up with Bears needs.

Depending on where the Bears draft this year we could possibly see two top draft picks suiting up for the Bears next year (with white finally playing).

Hard to believe at this point in the season our best offensive lineman is arguably Charles Leno. We really need to get a starting RT in the offseason so that Long can go back to guard.

It's early, but it would be hard for me to pass up Reggie Ragland if we are drafting the middle of the first round. The Bears have a glaring ILB need and the success rate for ILBs high in the draft seems pretty good.