Hoyer could be Bear if DEN doesn't sign him...

madlithuanian

Read recently that OC Loggains has experience with Hoyer while both were in Cleveland. Could it be Loggains is pushing for him as legitimate competition to Cutler or simply as a backup? If it's option 2 why not just do that through the draft? Hmmm... I've asked my sister (Denver Broncs fan) whether Denver would want Jay back and I was met with a resounding 'no'!

Read recently that OC Loggains has experience with Hoyer while both were in Cleveland. Could it be Loggains is pushing for him as legitimate competition to Cutler or simply as a backup? If it's option 2 why not just do that through the draft? Hmmm... I've asked my sister (Denver Broncs fan) whether Denver would want Jay back and I was met with a resounding 'no'!

So your sister would rather have Dirty Sanchez than Jay Cutler? :bang That's crazy.

Hoyer would be a nice back-up. However, I'm guessing he wants to go somewhere where he has a better chance of competing. Denver and Jets top that list.

I would say that we wouldn't even consider it with what we are paying Cutler, but we have like 20 million in cap room. So anything is possible.

I wouldn't hate it honestly. He had a fairly decent year last year with a 19-7 TD-INT ratio. Before that he didn't really have a solid offense around him anywhere else.

I gave no faith in Fales at all and I don't think carrying Jay, Hoyer, and a mid round draft pick would be the worst thing in the world to do.

I wouldn't hate it honestly. He had a fairly decent year last year with a 19-7 TD-INT ratio. Before that he didn't really have a solid offense around him anywhere else.

I gave no faith in Fales at all and I don't think carrying Jay, Hoyer, and a mid round draft pick would be the worst thing in the world to do.

Agreed completely. Chances are, Cutler won't play every game. Seeing how bad the offensive was without him last year, helped convince me how valuable he is. Hoyer makes this team better.

My only point was, if he signs here, Hoyer is the clear back-up. I think he'd prefer an opportunity where he could compete.

I'd be fine with him. Now that the 2 best QB's are off the table, the Bears should stay away from second to worse teir QB's. There is more success at later picks in other positions and they need it.

I'm not a Hoyer fan, but they do need something.

This guy threw for over 3000 yards on a Cleveland team in the last few years. Cleveland.

He'd be a great option as a backup QB, and would allow the Bears to really focus the attention elsewhere in the draft.

Just seen we are now having a visit with Hoyer, I think we have the money to have a decent backup QB, would be a good signing.

Just seen we are now having a visit with Hoyer, I think we have the money to have a decent backup QB, would be a good signing.

Hell yes we have the money. The Bears are one of the top 10 most profitable and valuable franchises in the NFL. We always spend up to the cap with 5 million held over until next year. We currently have 20 million available. There is no reason for us not to spend it.

That being said, I'd be good with signing Hoyer for 3 years and front-loading his money. Of course if Jets and Broncos are offering a starting position, it's a moot point.