Bears vs Eagles MNF game thread

ASHKUM BEAR

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to wonder how long of a leash Fox/Pace have. This team looks noticeably worse already in two games than they did in year 1 of a rebuild.

We can't continue changing the front office every 2 yrs and expect anything good. Must give them a 3rd yr. Everyone knew this was a rebuild from top to bottom

We can't continue changing the front office every 2 yrs and expect anything good. Must give them a 3rd yr. Everyone knew this was a rebuild from top to bottom

This 100%. Angelo and Emery completely screwed the pooch for years. We are simply bereft of talent. It is going to take another year maybe 2 before we win again.

Peace :dabears

This 100%. Angelo and Emery completely screwed the pooch for years. We are simply bereft of talent. It is going to take another year maybe 2 before we win again.

The problem is that Ryan Pace keeps getting rid of the talent and replacing it with bad draft picks/players. First Marshall, then Bennett, then Forte, then Slauson, and soon to be Alshon Jeffery.

The problem is that Ryan Pace keeps getting rid of the talent and replacing it with bad draft picks/players. First Marshall, then Bennett, then Forte, then Slauson, and soon to be Alshon Jeffery.

Brandon Marshall - nutjob, not a team player

Bennett - not a team player

Forte - Loved him in his prime but you don't pay 30-year-old running backs

Slauson - I agree they should have kept him

They can tag Jeffery again if they wish to.

So after 2 games, we can pretty much validate:

1. Cutler will never win anything, another phantom injury after multiple bad turnovers. It is time to move on. I would rather lose with Hoyer than lose with Cutler.

2. Langford is no Forte. Even though Forte has slowed he still looks better than Langford. Howard even looked better.

3. Miller is no Bennett. He gets touched and goes down.

4. White is no Marshall. Still waiting for him to do something.

5. Gould looks pretty good now. Barth's onside kick was pitiful and that was after a missed 31yd FG.

6. Dowell Loggains is a freaking joke, just fire him now.

7. I am starting to think Fox and Fangio are both over the hill. How can you be fairly competitive in the first half and look that bad after halftime? Adjustments anyone?

8. Freeman and Royal seem like the only players that give a crap.

9. If we can't beat Osweiler or Wentz, it is hard for me to see us winning more than 3 or 4 games.

10. At this point we are clearly not a playoff team and I doubt we finish 10-4, so I would look for trading partners now and move some dead weight.

1. yes

2. yes. Howard was the only real bright spot.

3. yes

4. White appears to be a quasi-bust. A WR3 drafted to be a WR1

5. yes

6. yes

7. yes...2 games in a row now as well. reeks of stubbornness for crotchety old men that don't want to change

8. yes, maybe Long...but he's hurt

9. that's a little optimistic. 2-14 at best. We will be picking first

10. yes

Your assessment is spot on...

So after 2 games, we can pretty much validate:

1. Cutler will never win anything, another phantom injury after multiple bad turnovers. It is time to move on. I would rather lose with Hoyer than lose with Cutler.

2. Langford is no Forte. Even though Forte has slowed he still looks better than Langford. Howard even looked better.

3. Miller is no Bennett. He gets touched and goes down.

4. White is no Marshall. Still waiting for him to do something.

5. Gould looks pretty good now. Barth's onside kick was pitiful and that was after a missed 31yd FG.

6. Dowell Loggains is a freaking joke, just fire him now.

7. I am starting to think Fox and Fangio are both over the hill. How can you be fairly competitive in the first half and look that bad after halftime? Adjustments anyone?

8. Freeman and Royal seem like the only players that give a crap.

9. If we can't beat Osweiler or Wentz, it is hard for me to see us winning more than 3 or 4 games.

10. At this point we are clearly not a playoff team and I doubt we finish 10-4, so I would look for trading partners now and move some dead weight.

Front offices need time, they need at least 4 years, imo. You just can't whack that quickly twice with a front office. We need to stick to the plan and acquire talent an develop young players.

Front offices need time, they need at least 4 years, imo. You just can't whack that quickly twice with a front office. We need to stick to the plan and acquire talent an develop young players.

Key phrase there my friend. You hit it on the head. "acquire and develop". We have sucked at both phases til recently. Where we have acquired some nice looking talent but we still don't seem to develop anything

Key phrase there my friend. You hit it on the head. "acquire and develop". We have sucked at both phases til recently. Where we have acquired some nice looking talent but we still don't seem to develop anything

Fox has a history of developing talent. Look at all the defensive talent he developed in Denver. This is a new front office and coaching staff and they inhereted a real mess. I would hope that next year, we start to see the arrow move upwards (albeit slowly), but I think this team was so decimated (especially in the sense that it had so few young, home grown players whose arrows were pointed up), that it meant the rebuild was going to be a much longer process then usual (we tried to be mediocre for so long, that it put us in a spot where we forced mediocrity through veterans and that means you don't get the picks to get the top talent, and then we whiffed on later round talent under Emery / Trestman) so we really were in an awful spot.

The defensive coaching staff is pretty damn proven so they have a track record to trust, however, offensively, I think there are real questions with Loggains. I do think that stability in general is a good thing and when you look at the better franchises they seem to be more patient in general vs. less and wonder if that actually leads to some of the success (vs. just the underlying individuals running the ship). I.e., look at the Browns, restructuring every 2-3 years essentially means you never are able to see a strategy through and thus it is almost impossible to successfully rebuild.