Cousins

Connorbear

What would you be willing to give up for Kirk Cousins?

Would you give up our first round pick and Jeffery? How about our first round pick this year and next year?

Peace :dabears

Are they in a position to want to get rid of him? Do they have anothe QB in the wings?

Your proposal has ghosts of Cutler in it. Is Cousins that high a commodity?

I don't think he will be available. Why would Washington let him go after all the years of misery with the RG3 experiment?

The only drawback to signing Cousins now is that he will be 29 in 2017 and you would've lost a good 4-5 years of his prime.

I like him as a player and wouldn't complain if we went for him because he would be better than anything we had in a long time, but I think we are going to go the draft route with Hoyer/Shaw.

I do not want to see the Bears throw away any more 1st round draft picks in an attempt to get a franchise QB. After the Rick Mirer & Jay Cutler trades we should have learned our lesson. Very seldom does these type of trades work out.

If we want to break the bank in FA, OK, if we want to do a trade with players &/or lesser draft picks, OK, but I do not want to see our first round draft picks used in a trade for a QB.

I also don't want to lose high picks or AJ for Cousins. He looked good against us but hasn't been great all year, and like Pix I don't want more Cutler/Mirer type losses of picks to see nothing from it. I think we pick our own player, whenever seems to make more sense, and develop guys we have and/or pick up.

I do not want to see the Bears throw away any more 1st round draft picks in an attempt to get a franchise QB. After the Rick Mirer & Jay Cutler trades we should have learned our lesson. Very seldom does these type of trades work out.

If we want to break the bank in FA, OK, if we want to do a trade with players &/or lesser draft picks, OK, but I do not want to see our first round draft picks used in a trade for a QB.

Pix,

You had to bring up the Mirer trade? That had to be one of the worst trades of all-time. We gave up the #6 pick in the 1997 draft for him. Seattle selected Walter Jones who is a HoFer. Also, we picked John Allred, a TE with our 1st pick in the 2nd round. So if we used the #6 pick on a TE, it could've been Tony Gonzalez.

Precisely.

Absolute no on trading for Cousins. No way we should trade the NUMBER 3 pick.

It is imperative we get another offensive coordinator in here to do that Loggins is not the answer.

Peace :dabears

I don't think Loggains is going anywhere. Certainly there were some things that could have been done better but overall what he did with 3 different QBs and missing his top 3 WRs at times was decent. It is interesting when you compare some of his overall stats (yd/play) against Gase and Loggains ran the better offense.

http://www.windycitygridiron.com/2016/12/2...raise-adam-gase

"Chicago’s offense averaged 344.6 yards per game last year with Adam Gase calling plays and they averaged 5.4 yards per play on the 2015 season. This year under Loggains the O is at 351.6 yards per game and 5.9 yards per play. Until I actually looked those numbers up, I just assumed that Gase’s O would have been bigger."

Honestly I don't think Loggains has been a major problem but with that said if we replace him with someone who has experience then I'm perfectly fine with it because this is a perfect time. Now as far as Connor's original thought about Cousin's. Like most here I agree about not giving up top picks for him. We need to finally draft someone and develop him. No more screwing around with this.