Jordan Howard

Mongo3451

Get him the record by a yard, then sit him. This game is meaningless, and should be used like a second week preseason game.

Fox won't do that, however, and someone important is bound to get hurt (i.e. Urlacher in a previous year-ending meaningless game against the Queens).

Peace :bringit

Fox won't do that, however, and someone important is bound to get hurt (i.e. Urlacher in a previous year-ending meaningless game against the Queens).

Peace :bringit

I disagree with that somewhat because it seemed like Langford was getting a few more looks in the last game, 7 carries being the most he's had since week 2. I think they will likely do the same this week and if Howard gets the record why not give Langford more reps? We need to know more about Langford going into the offseason.

I disagree with that somewhat because it seemed like Langford was getting a few more looks in the last game, 7 carries being the most he's had since week 2. I think they will likely do the same this week and if Howard gets the record why not give Langford more reps? We need to know more about Langford going into the offseason.

I noticed that, too, and wondered why they were doing it all the sudden. I figured they'd load up on Howard, get the record, then give more carries to backups, as sort of a try-out for the 2017 team. Could just be Fox spreading it out over the last two games, which I'm completely OK with happening.

Wasn't there a mention of some leg injury (although slight) a few weeks back? Perhaps they're trying to be a bit more conservative. I also could of swore he left last weeks game prematurely. Concussion protocol(?) but still managed to play it out .

I think you play him as normal until halftime, then figure out resting him in the 2nd half. If we were worried about injuries in meaningless games, all of our starters for 2017 would've been resting for 6 weeks now.

Barring the dreaded Sophomore slump phenomena, I think we all agree that Howard will be the starter at RB next year. (Of course we also all thought Langford would be this time last year). Anyhow, that being the case, if he does in fact have a lingering injury there is no reason to play him regardless of a rookie record. Why aggravate any potential injury now if you can avoid it? Playing him minimally as you suggest may work out, but if he ends up getting injured, regardless of pre-existence or not, it'll be a bad choice. I'll leave it to the coaches and Howard to decide on what's best.

As far as the rest of the 'starters' go, most of them are already on IR; Long, Miller, Trevathan to name a few, so they don't know what they have and almost have to play them.

Barring the dreaded Sophomore slump phenomena, I think we all agree that Howard will be the starter at RB next year. (Of course we also all thought Langford would be this time last year). Anyhow, that being the case, if he does in fact have a lingering injury there is no reason to play him regardless of a rookie record. Why aggravate any potential injury now if you can avoid it? Playing him minimally as you suggest may work out, but if he ends up getting injured, regardless of pre-existence or not, it'll be a bad choice. I'll leave it to the coaches and Howard to decide on what's best.

As far as the rest of the 'starters' go, most of them are already on IR; Long, Miller, Trevathan to name a few, so they don't know what they have and almost have to play them.

If he is actually injured where there is potential for a bigger injury, then you absolutely sit him. I just don't think it is anything major where it would get worse.

If he is actually injured where there is potential for a bigger injury, then you absolutely sit him. I just don't think it is anything major where it would get worse.

He's find and should play like a normal game. If you havent noticed they have not been giving him a huge load anyways. 18-17-18 in his last three games. Just play him and let him get something he can be proud of later in his career.