Chicago getting disrespected

jason

So this article lists the top ten teams that didn't make the playoffs that have a good chance at the playoffs next year. No mention of the Bears.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/Barnw...king-2017-field

I understand why they don't list the Bears, but it's as if nobody else notices that the Bears have been competitive in pretty much every game, and have been playing 2nd/3rd stringers all year because of the ridiculous number of injuries.

I could see an argument either way. We are about to have our worst season in 40+ years and we don't know who are QB is going into next season. On the other hand, like you said, we have played competitive and had leads in many games with 3rd stringers and guys off the Practice Squad.

I could see an argument either way. We are about to have our worst season in 40+ years and we don't know who are QB is going into next season. On the other hand, like you said, we have played competitive and had leads in many games with 3rd stringers and guys off the Practice Squad.

It may be worst record wise, but two years ago was an abomination...

Our QB position is completely up in the air. If Cutler were just his normal self you could say we at least know what we have there but he's getting surgery on his throwing shoulder. Every team on that list except for one has stability at the QB position. I think the worst QB scenario of those 9 teams is Bortles.

The exception on the QB list is Denver and they had the best defense a year ago. I think they are mis-reading the tea leaves on Denver myself as they seem to be destined to another year with mediocre QB play and a good (maybe not great) defense keeping them around .500. Figure in that Oakland is on the rise and KC is also a good team and they won't have an easy path to winning their division next year.

Respect is earned. Nobody cares if you were competitive or if you tried hard. I've been impressed by the coaching staff and the players and that with all the missing players they've been in games. I also think they have some good, young talent on the team. I'm not sure how many years it will be before they're a playoff team, but I think the arrow is pointing up. At the end of the day, "just win, baby". Winning = respect

Respect is earned. Nobody cares if you were competitive or if you tried hard. I've been impressed by the coaching staff and the players and that with all the missing players they've been in games. I also think they have some good, young talent on the team. I'm not sure how many years it will be before they're a playoff team, but I think the arrow is pointing up. At the end of the day, "just win, baby". Winning = respect

Agreed 100%

Peace :dabears

100%

We get what we deserve, 1 playoff in 10 years

Rarely do 3 win teams go to the playoffs the next season unless they lost a franchise QB all year or something along those lines. We were decimated with injuries, but even with those guys, there is no telling how much better we would've been. I think a 7 to 8 win season is the most likely ceiling for next year. Playoffs, especially in the North where Minnesota didn't make it, and GB and DET both made it, is going to be a challenge going forward.

Rarely do 3 win teams go to the playoffs the next season unless they lost a franchise QB all year or something along those lines. We were decimated with injuries, but even with those guys, there is no telling how much better we would've been. I think a 7 to 8 win season is the most likely ceiling for next year. Playoffs, especially in the North where Minnesota didn't make it, and GB and DET both made it, is going to be a challenge going forward.

Yeah I think that is the best case scenario. I'm not to worried about Detroit and GB. Detroit wins the division more than likely if we didn't injure Matt Stafford. After that game Stafford was never the same and they lost 3 in a row after we hurt him. I know no one wants to talk about Rodgers but we all saw it at the beginning of the year. Something was definitely wrong with him. He did just turn 33 which most people fail to realize. Many want to blame his supporting cast but even my father and my grandmother who are huge packer fans who all agreed something was indeed wrong with him although the supporting cast is a concern. The packers had win 6 or 7 straight just to get in to the playoffs. However for right now we can only worry about ourselves and no one else. If Pace and company can nail the draft this year like he did in 2016 and we can get White back to healthy who knows how things turn out. Either way I think we are 2 years away from seriously competing if Pace can nail things again. The majority of the moves he made for 2016 worked out pretty well overall.

Yeah I think that is the best case scenario. I'm not to worried about Detroit and GB. Detroit wins the division more than likely if we didn't injure Matt Stafford. After that game Stafford was never the same and they lost 3 in a row after we hurt him. I know no one wants to talk about Rodgers but we all saw it at the beginning of the year. Something was definitely wrong with him. He did just turn 33 which most people fail to realize. Many want to blame his supporting cast but even my father and my grandmother who are huge packer fans who all agreed something was indeed wrong with him although the supporting cast is a concern. The packers had win 6 or 7 straight just to get in to the playoffs. However for right now we can only worry about ourselves and no one else. If Pace and company can nail the draft this year like he did in 2016 and we can get White back to healthy who knows how things turn out. Either way I think we are 2 years away from seriously competing if Pace can nail things again. The majority of the moves he made for 2016 worked out pretty well overall.

Rodgers led the league with 40 TDs, and only had 7 INTs and statistically had his best season since 2011 and the 2nd best season of his career after that year, so I don't know what everyone was talking about early on, but he clearly figured it out over the last 6 weeks.

Rodgers led the league with 40 TDs, and only had 7 INTs and statistically had his best season since 2011 and the 2nd best season of his career after that year, so I don't know what everyone was talking about early on, but he clearly figured it out over the last 6 weeks.

Yes he did figure something out but to completely overlook the beginning of the season would be a mistake. He clearly was struggling. His completion percentage was at a career low and we weren't just talking about a couple games. This was more than half way through the season when every one was talking about. Did he have a good season? Absolutely But in the same season he was not himself either for a good portion of the season. What made the season stats look so good was how hot he has been over the past 6 week winning streak. Take away that and his stats don't look so good.

So this article lists the top ten teams that didn't make the playoffs that have a good chance at the playoffs next year. No mention of the Bears.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/Barnw...king-2017-field

I understand why they don't list the Bears, but it's as if nobody else notices that the Bears have been competitive in pretty much every game, and have been playing 2nd/3rd stringers all year because of the ridiculous number of injuries.

Yeah...Bears shouldn't belong on the list. It isn't like we had a bunch of probowlers on the injury list. Yes, injuries impacted this team, but we have no idea who our QB is and have plenty of other glaring holes (not to mention the fact that we can't generate any turnovers) and I don't see enough guys you project magically getting better next year to totally turn the cards. I'm not saying we can't make the playoffs, but as of now, I don't see us having a good chance next year.