Quintin Demps

jason

Ryan Pace is a freakin joke. Antrell Rolle all over again. Only thing that would make this worse is if it keeps them from taking Jamal Adams with the 3rd overall pick for Jonathon Allen and his arthritic shoulders.

That does make me seriously question whether the Bears would draft Jamal Adams at #3. I don't see how that would make sense at all since Adams is clearly more of a SS than a FS. Even scarier, would be using the #3 on an injured FS like Hooker. With this move, it appears certain the Bears have three options with the #3 pick:

1) Trade down

2) Jonathan Allen

3) QB

That does make me seriously question whether the Bears would draft Jamal Adams at #3. I don't see how that would make sense at all since Adams is clearly more of a SS than a FS. Even scarier, would be using the #3 on an injured FS like Hooker. With this move, it appears certain the Bears have three options with the #3 pick:

1) Trade down

2) Jonathan Allen

3) QB

Fangio is versatile when it comes to safety. I think a safety is a safety in his system. I wouldn't rule out Adams at all.

I still wouldn't be scared away from Hooker either. Dude is special.

1) Trade down

2) Jonathan Allen

3) QB

Jonathan Allen isn't going top 3, he probably isn't going top 10. I think it is trade down, one of the DB's, or the Stanford DE. My presumption is the preferred route is a trade down where we then grab Hooker.

Demps was the AFC Defensive Player of the Month for December, which considering the type of games being played in December says a lot. The Rolle signing and this signing, other than the age relation (Demps is a year younger), there is not much else that is comparable. Also, Demps came from the best defense in the league last year. Hopefully he can rub some of that off on some of the younger players.

Demps was the AFC Defensive Player of the Month for December, which considering the type of games being played in December says a lot. The Rolle signing and this signing, other than the age relation (Demps is a year younger), there is not much else that is comparable. Also, Demps came from the best defense in the league last year. Hopefully he can rub some of that off on some of the younger players.

I'm hoping he convinces a fellow Texan to come to Chicago.

Me too, and that would actually make both of them "better" with them already knowing each other's tendencies.

Seen where yesterday Fangio and the Dline coach were in alabama checking out Allen. I dont think they would be there if there was a bad medical on his shoulders.

Also I read one statement , the reason they brought in Demps is to help develop the young guys. He is a leader in the locker room and a good guy. (Reported)

This is a good signing. Reasonable contract for a good player at a position of need. He can clearly play the pass well. I'd have no issues putting him aside either Hooker or Adams. Along with Amos as 1st backup we'd have a very good safety group and instead of a NB, Fangio could use all 3 on the field at the same time depending on how an offense lines up (i.e. 2 TEs).