Bears sign DB - B W Webb to one year deal

ASHKUM BEAR

https://twitter.com/djdurkin/status/849795275996704768

Dan Durkin reports that the Bears have signed BW Webb DB to a one year contract. Another vet CB in the mix. Tells me they may hold off on drafting a CB at least early.

Who? But yes, agree with you. Unless he's more a special teams contributor.

We certainly have signed a crap ton of free agents. I think a lot of the players on the roster should be feeling the heat.

Peace :dabears

I think he brings the total amount of players on the roster to 78. 90 is the limit, leaving 12 players yet to be drafted or signed as UDFA's. The Bears will be making their draft board within the next 10 days.

I think he brings the total amount of players on the roster to 78. 90 is the limit, leaving 12 players yet to be drafted or signed as UDFA's. The Bears will be making their draft board within the next 10 days.

Depending on how the draft goes, some of the players on the roster will not be here when the dust settles.

Bye bye Kyle Fuller. This guy doesn't replace him but the others (Cooper, Amukamara, Le Blanc, Callahan, Porter, and maybe even Banks) did and signing another CB when we're also likely to draft one just means they have less confidence he'll be around so they are stacking the deck hoping to fill out the bottom end of the roster.

I think Fuller is offered for a late round draft pick. I'm not sure a team will bite on that since if he's cut he'll be cheaper. However, it seems he's more of a zone/cover 2 scheme fit and somebody with cap space might want him enough to take on the cap hit. If Pace doesn't get offers now just hold onto him into training camp and see what we get then. At some point Fuller has to show his talent again if he wants to work in the NFL. We can be patient.

He started for the Saints last year. Got torched by Julio Jones, but he's a serviceable DB. This move should scare the hell out of Fuller, LeBlanc, and the two or three other guys at the bottom of the depth chart.

This looks like a lot of Pace moves. He looks for guys who haven't quite hit their mark, but have upside. Other teams may look for guys who have already shown a bit more, and are potentials for exploding into a superstar. Pace is more of a Walmart shopper. I like that, because he's just trying to enhance the overall talent level of the roster, which is sorely needed.

He started for the Saints last year. Got torched by Julio Jones, but he's a serviceable DB. This move should scare the hell out of Fuller, LeBlanc, and the two or three other guys at the bottom of the depth chart.

This looks like a lot of Pace moves. He looks for guys who haven't quite hit their mark, but have upside. Other teams may look for guys who have already shown a bit more, and are potentials for exploding into a superstar. Pace is more of a Walmart shopper. I like that, because he's just trying to enhance the overall talent level of the roster, which is sorely needed.

Yes and it's hard to think he is not a fan of competition among position groups.