What's your final dream draft?

jason

Tragic, ain't it.

I said "almost" my nightmare draft. I didn't realize there would be the possibility of moving up to pick him. That actually is the nightmare draft.

This is far from Pace's MO. It is also counter to everything he has said in the media about taking BPA, his comments about Glennon, etc. I still can't get over the fact that we moved up one slot. I would've understood if we moved to #1 to leapfrog SF who may have been considering Trubisky, but we essentially leapfrogged ourselves. If CLE or SF felt so highly of him or any other QB, they wouldn't make the trade. So if other teams were in play, they would need to give up much more than us to move up (which would be unrealistic based on the value of the picks).

If you look at the draft value chart, for teams like KC and HOU, they would've had to basically give up their next two drafts to move to #2.

I don't mind the pick, but there was no need to trade up one slot to pick him.

Looking back at the Glennon or the Sims deals, and now this. It looks like Pace is overpaying which you can only get away with so much due to the cap and the limited number of draft picks.

Also, this is almost reverse to how you build a team. You need a good core in place before bringing in the franchise QB so you maximize the years of the rookie deal (see Seattle). Going the other way, QB first, has proven not to work, see Carr in Houston, Cleveland, etc. They had crappy teams, went QB instead of filling out their core, and never went anywhere because the QB got killed.

This is far from Pace's MO. It is also counter to everything he has said in the media about taking BPA, his comments about Glennon, etc. I still can't get over the fact that we moved up one slot. I would've understood if we moved to #1 to leapfrog SF who may have been considering Trubisky, but we essentially leapfrogged ourselves. If CLE or SF felt so highly of him or any other QB, they wouldn't make the trade. So if other teams were in play, they would need to give up much more than us to move up (which would be unrealistic based on the value of the picks).

If you look at the draft value chart, for teams like KC and HOU, they would've had to basically give up their next two drafts to move to #2.

I don't mind the pick, but there was no need to trade up one slot to pick him.

Looking back at the Glennon or the Sims deals, and now this. It looks like Pace is overpaying which you can only get away with so much due to the cap and the limited number of draft picks.

Also, this is almost reverse to how you build a team. You need a good core in place before bringing in the franchise QB so you maximize the years of the rookie deal (see Seattle). Going the other way, QB first, has proven not to work, see Carr in Houston, Cleveland, etc. They had crappy teams, went QB instead of filling out their core, and never went anywhere because the QB got killed.

You get it.

I don't like the Trubisky pick. I kind of hate it. But I understand it.

What I don't understand is trading up for him. It's a horrible move. It's a rushed, worried move by a guy who apparently gets worried negotiating and over-offers just to get what he wants.

No body should understand/ agree with trading up 1 slot for any player.IMHO Pace got fleeced by a first draft GM.

This is what Pace feared and destroyed any chance of happening. Hopefully we will someday hear what went down.

Reuben Foster was on phone with #Saints (32nd pick) when #49ers called to say he was theirs at 31. Here he tells how story goes:

This is what Pace feared and destroyed any chance of happening. Hopefully we will someday hear what went down.

Reuben Foster was on phone with #Saints (32nd pick) when #49ers called to say he was theirs at 31. Here he tells how story goes:

You truly believe that is what happened at 2? A first year GM fleeced a 3rd year GM and if you don't believe that then you and I should agree to disagree on this point and save the back and forth.

You truly believe that is what happened at 2? A first year GM fleeced a 3rd year GM and if you don't believe that then you and I should agree to disagree on this point and save the back and forth.

I don't think he was fleeced, I think Pace had offers to trade down coming in and decided to get pull the trigger moving up to get his guy based on those offers.. I agree the back and forth by both sides is old, it's a done deal and now we have to move on. The Bears may have a great QB in time and if that happens we will all be ok with it...I think

1. Jonathan Allen, DE, Bama - (drafted 17th, a slight reach considering where he ended up) - Medical concerns dropped him

2. Ryan Ramcyzk, OT, Wisconsin - (drafted 32nd, would not be available at our pick) - we drafted OL - Jordan Morgan

3. Obi Melifonwu, FS, UConn - (drafted in the 2nd, would not be available at our pick) - we drafted S - Eddie Jackson

4. Jordan Leggett, TE, Clemson - (drafted in the 5th round, a slight reach since he went in the next round) - we drafted TE - Adam Shaheen

4. Rasul Douglas, CB, West Virginia - (drafted in the 3rd, would not be available at our pick) - Didn't need a CB with Prince and Cooper

5. Chad Kelly, QB, OleMiss - (drafted as Mr. Irrelevant, you reached by over 100 picks) - we drafted QB - Mitchell Trubisky

7. Kenny Golladay, WR, Northern Illinois - (drafted in the 3rd, would not be available at our pick) - we drafted RB - Cohen instead

So 4 of your picks would not have been there when we selected, Allen went 14 picks later than our pick, Leggett wasn't drafted until the 5th, and Kelly was drafted 100 picks later.

1. Jonathan Allen, DE, Bama - (drafted 17th, a slight reach considering where he ended up) - Medical concerns dropped him

2. Ryan Ramcyzk, OT, Wisconsin - (drafted 32nd, would not be available at our pick) - we drafted OL - Jordan Morgan

3. Obi Melifonwu, FS, UConn - (drafted in the 2nd, would not be available at our pick) - we drafted S - Eddie Jackson

4. Jordan Leggett, TE, Clemson - (drafted in the 5th round, a slight reach since he went in the next round) - we drafted TE - Adam Shaheen

4. Rasul Douglas, CB, West Virginia - (drafted in the 3rd, would not be available at our pick) - Didn't need a CB with Prince and Cooper

5. Chad Kelly, QB, OleMiss - (drafted as Mr. Irrelevant, you reached by over 100 picks) - we drafted QB - Mitchell Trubisky

7. Kenny Golladay, WR, Northern Illinois - (drafted in the 3rd, would not be available at our pick) - we drafted RB - Cohen instead

So 4 of your picks would not have been there when we selected, Allen went 14 picks later than our pick, Leggett wasn't drafted until the 5th, and Kelly was drafted 100 picks later.

Dreams don't normally come true.

I wonder why Cohen wasn't in your dream draft, you nailed that one?

I was thinking about what I thought would help the team most when I made hat mock. When I posted about Cohen I was letting everyone know about a little known prospect since several expressed interest in as RB.