What's your final dream draft?

jason

Assuming it all goes well, all the realistic breaks happen for the Bears, what's your dream draft?

I'm basing mine off of the idea that the Bears:

A-Will not trade down

B-Have 7 picks and need 7-8 positions (DE,FS,CB,TE,WR,OT,QB,OLB)

C-Myles Garrett will not make it to #3

1. Jonathan Allen, DE, Bama - He makes the front seven scary. His addition makes both McPhee and Goldman more dangerous, and frees up LBs to do damage.

2. Ryan Ramcyzk, OT, Wisconsin - The run on "exciting" players and QBs causes Ramcyzk to drop right into Chicago's lap. Perfect name for a Bear.

3. Obi Melifonwu, FS, UConn - It's hard to say if he goes in the 2nd or 3rd, but many say 3rd. I'm hoping the Bears got a good read on him and think he's the FS answer.

4. Jordan Leggett, TE, Clemson - I still think I like him more than the other TEs. Some question his drive or skill based on Clemson's system, but I see a guy that just knows how to find the soft spot in the zone.

4. Rasul Douglas, CB, West Virginia - Liked him for some time. He's tall, rangy, great hands, and is a play-maker. He's exactly who you want at CB.

5. Chad Kelly, QB, OleMiss - Huge upside pick here. I think he's got more raw talent than anyone at the QB position this year. He's a great QB to stash and develop.

7. Kenny Golladay, WR, Northern Illinois - The local kid, "Go Go Golladay" is given a chance to shine near home.

There are just too many names I like this year. Given the fact that DE, OT, and FS were not addressed in FA, I think that's the best approach. My 1B option is to go with Malik Hooker or Jamal Adams in the first, and Tanoh Kpassagnon from Villanova in the third.

What's your dream draft?

1. TRUBISKY - just got a feeling.

2. Ryan Ramcyzk, OT, Wisconsin - The run on "exciting" players and QBs causes Ramcyzk to drop right into Chicago's lap. Perfect name for a Bear.

3. Obi Melifonwu, FS, UConn - It's hard to say if he goes in the 2nd or 3rd, but many say 3rd. I'm hoping the Bears got a good read on him and think he's the FS answer.

4. Jordan Leggett, TE, Clemson - I still think I like him more than the other TEs. Some question his drive or skill based on Clemson's system, but I see a guy that just knows how to find the soft spot in the zone.

4. Rasul Douglas, CB, West Virginia - Liked him for some time. He's tall, rangy, great hands, and is a play-maker. He's exactly who you want at CB.

5. Edge Speedster to develop on D.

7. Kenny Golladay, WR, Northern Illinois - The local kid, "Go Go Golladay" is given a chance to shine near home.

What's your dream draft?

See above. I liked most of your draft, so I didn't spend much time.

I expect hate from this, but here we go:

1) Jonathan Allen, DE, Alabama - I'm torn between him and Adams. But the Bears biggest defensive problem last year was stopping the run, and Allen is probably the best DL at stopping the run and there aren't many others in the draft who can do it as well as he can.

2) Marcus Williams, S, Utah - Bears get their ballhawk to start with Demps.

3) Brad Kaaya, QB, Miami - A lot on the board seem to hate him. And he did have problems with pressure last year. But he impressed me in the Gruden QB Camp, and he's the first QB I can remember in recent years who was projected to be a 1st or 2nd round pick his previous year, went out and had a better year in all respects, and somehow lost 2 rounds of value. For the record, I would be fine with Peterman or Dobbs here as well.

4) Jordan Leggett, TE, Clemson - For all the reasons mentioned above (which means there's 0 chance he's a Bear).

4) Julie'n Davenport, OT, Bucknell - Need a project to groom at OT and he's one of the few who should be available in the middle rounds who has LT upside.

5) Josh Reynolds, WR, Texas A&M - I'd like to see a big physical outside WR project somewhere in the middle rounds. Reynolds is my favorite, but there are plenty others who would fit the bill.

7) Zane Gonzalez, K, Arizona State - Barth is not the answer.

I expect hate from this, but here we go:

1) Jonathan Allen, DE, Alabama - I'm torn between him and Adams. But the Bears biggest defensive problem last year was stopping the run, and Allen is probably the best DL at stopping the run and there aren't many others in the draft who can do it as well as he can.

2) Marcus Williams, S, Utah - Bears get their ballhawk to start with Demps.

3) Brad Kaaya, QB, Miami - A lot on the board seem to hate him. And he did have problems with pressure last year. But he impressed me in the Gruden QB Camp, and he's the first QB I can remember in recent years who was projected to be a 1st or 2nd round pick his previous year, went out and had a better year in all respects, and somehow lost 2 rounds of value. For the record, I would be fine with Peterman or Dobbs here as well.

4) Jordan Leggett, TE, Clemson - For all the reasons mentioned above (which means there's 0 chance he's a Bear).

4) Julie'n Davenport, OT, Bucknell - Need a project to groom at OT and he's one of the few who should be available in the middle rounds who has LT upside.

5) Josh Reynolds, WR, Texas A&M - I'd like to see a big physical outside WR project somewhere in the middle rounds. Reynolds is my favorite, but there are plenty others who would fit the bill.

7) Zane Gonzalez, K, Arizona State - Barth is not the answer.

Other than Kaaya, I sort of like it. I just don't like Kaaya at all. He buckles under pressure something serious. Where Cutler just lost mechanic discipline and goes into the middle of fight/flight, Kaaya is all flight. I also don't like the fact that nearly every deep ball he throws up is a 50/50 or underthrown ball.

Other than Kaaya, I sort of like it. I just don't like Kaaya at all. He buckles under pressure something serious. Where Cutler just lost mechanic discipline and goes into the middle of fight/flight, Kaaya is all flight. I also don't like the fact that nearly every deep ball he throws up is a 50/50 or underthrown ball.

Do you like it more if it's Peterman or Dobbs? They all have problems.

Love that draft with either of those two prospects.

I actually like Kittle better than Leggett but so close ,it wouldnt matter.

My dream draft has us trading with Cleveland and getting #12-33-65-145 for #3

1-12 Johnathan Allen/5T drops down due to his medicals.

2-1 Cam Robinson is the OT that drops down in the top 3 group.

2-4 Evan Engram/TE adds a huge target

3-1 Cordrea Tankersley/CB sneaky good playmaker with 9 interceptions the last two years.

3-3 Josh Jones/SS big hitter that has some coverage skills

4-4 Nathan Peterman/QB has some NFL skills, has been compared to Cousins by some scouts.

4-11 Derek Rivers/OLB big time small college player

5-1 Ryan Glasgow/DT a steady run defender

5-4 Josh Reynonds/WR big WR with good hands

7-3 Zane Gonzalez/K finally a worthy Gould replacement.

Do you like it more if it's Peterman or Dobbs? They all have problems.

I like them both more than Kaaya. You're right about them all havin problems, but I actually like Peterman quite a bit. He's underrated. He throws people open. That's a great trait for he NFL where windows are smaller.

I like them both more than Kaaya. You're right about them all havin problems, but I actually like Peterman quite a bit. He's underrated. He throws people open. That's a great trait for he NFL where windows are smaller.

For QBs that can transcend quickest, I think Peterman can. Watched his Gruden QB show and was impressed with his communication skills and his vision running the zone read option offense. I also think Kizer can transcend quickly, he ran a NFL offense and made adjustments at the line. I think this class has three or four prospects that will be starters in this league, hopefully we can get one

I'm with Stinger in that my dream draft has Cleveland giving us #12 and both of their 2nd Rd picks to move up and take Trubisky.

1st Rd

#12 OT Ramczyk

#24 QB Kizer trade #33 with OAK to get one spot ahead of Houston and take our QB. It's a risk but Pace wants two bites of the apple to increase the odds he can find his QB of the future. OAK gets #33 and both of our 4th Rd picks

2nd Rd

#36 CB Kevin King (lots of DB options here including Awuzie, Baker) Backup option TE Evan Engram

#52 DE Chris Wormley He's not flashy but as Pink Floyd said build the wall. Wormley is versatile enough to double gap and rush the passer but we also have likely better pash rushers being groomed in the wings in Bullard and RRH.

3rd Rd

#67 WR Chris Godwin Best hands catcher at the combine, made it look easy. His 4.42 speed fits in well with White, Meredith, Wheaton, and Wright (if he's in shape). Alternate WRs Kupp or Zay Jones

5th Rd

#147 TE Jordan Leggett Lazy Leggett sticks and he drops out of the 4th Rd to be snatched up here

7th Rd

#221 FS David Jones tall and has the range to handle both sidelines, plus his INTs show he has nose for the ball

I'm with Stinger in that my dream draft has Cleveland giving us #12 and both of their 2nd Rd picks to move up and take Trubisky.

1st Rd

#12 OT Ramczyk

#24 QB Kizer trade #33 with OAK to get one spot ahead of Houston and take our QB. It's a risk but Pace wants two bites of the apple to increase the odds he can find his QB of the future. OAK gets #33 and both of our 4th Rd picks

2nd Rd

#36 CB Kevin King (lots of DB options here including Awuzie, Baker) Backup option TE Evan Engram

#52 DE Chris Wormley He's not flashy but as Pink Floyd said build the wall. Wormley is versatile enough to double gap and rush the passer but we also have likely better pash rushers being groomed in the wings in Bullard and RRH.

3rd Rd

#67 WR Chris Godwin Best hands catcher at the combine, made it look easy. His 4.42 speed fits in well with White, Meredith, Wheaton, and Wright (if he's in shape). Alternate WRs Kupp or Zay Jones

5th Rd

#147 TE Jordan Leggett Lazy Leggett sticks and he drops out of the 4th Rd to be snatched up here

7th Rd

#221 FS David Jones tall and has the range to handle both sidelines, plus his INTs show he has nose for the ball

I think I should correct myself because if it's a dream draft we don't trade up for Kizer, we just sit back and let him fall to us at #33.

In that case

Rd 1

#12 OT Ramczyk

Rd 2

#33 QB Kizer

#36 CB Kevin King

#52 DE Wormley

Rd 3

#67 WR Chris Godwin

Rd 4

#111 TE George Kittle

#117 CB Fabian Moreau (he's still there and we now have our CB duo of the future on the roster)

Rd 5

#147 ILB Blair Brown (hat tip Jason)

Rd 7

#221 FS David Jones

1. Jamal Adams SS LSU Mike Brown I miss you I believe this is our guy and the comments about his leadership skills is a plus.

2. Cam Robinson OT ALA The Bears cannot continue to draft tackles in the late rounds and try and plug them into the starting lineup

3.Tyus Bowser OLB Hou Concerns about McPhee's knee has me wishing for some depth at edge rusher

4a. Nathan Peterman QB Pitt They saw him up close and personal at the Senior Bowl in practice while coaching him.He also did play in a pro style offense and going under center is no big deal for him.

4b. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson Since this is a dream, picking him here would be incredible value.

5. Julien Davenport OT Bucknell At pick 147 is where I target a OT project that was seen up close at Senior Bowl

7. Robert Davis WR Georgia St. At 221 darts at the board!

I think I should correct myself because if it's a dream draft we don't trade up for Kizer, we just sit back and let him fall to us at #33.

In that case

Rd 1

#12 OT Ramczyk

Rd 2

#33 QB Kizer

#36 CB Kevin King

#52 DE Wormley

Rd 3

#67 WR Chris Godwin

Rd 4

#111 TE George Kittle

#117 CB Fabian Moreau (he's still there and we now have our CB duo of the future on the roster)

Rd 5

#147 ILB Blair Brown (hat tip Jason)

Rd 7

#221 FS David Jones

With the last pick i would prefer Xaiver Woods instead of Jones, but would be elated with the rest.

Assuming it all goes well, all the realistic breaks happen for the Bears, what's your dream draft?

I'm basing mine off of the idea that the Bears:

A-Will not trade down

B-Have 7 picks and need 7-8 positions (DE,FS,CB,TE,WR,OT,QB,OLB)

C-Myles Garrett will not make it to #3

1. Jonathan Allen, DE, Bama - He makes the front seven scary. His addition makes both McPhee and Goldman more dangerous, and frees up LBs to do damage.

5. Chad Kelly, QB, OleMiss - Huge upside pick here. I think he's got more raw talent than anyone at the QB position this year. He's a great QB to stash and develop.

7. Kenny Golladay, WR, Northern Illinois - The local kid, "Go Go Golladay" is given a chance to shine near home

There are just too many names I like this year. Given the fact that DE, OT, and FS were not addressed in FA, I think that's the best approach. My 1B option is to go with Malik Hooker or Jamal Adams in the first, and Tanoh Kpassagnon from Villanova in the third.

What's your dream draft?

Here is my final draft. And I love it.

Adams

Mahommes

Melifonwu

Douglas

Leggett

Brown

Golliday

I didn't address OT or pass rush, but fixed our secondary for the next decade. Drafted a young talent to groom at QB. Shored up the TE and ILB position. And brought in a local guy.

Your score is: 14671 (GRADE: A+) 

Couple 3rd round trade downs and this would have me happy.

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 3: Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson (B)

Round 2 Pick 4: Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama (A-)

Round 3 Pick 8 (N.E.): Sidney Jones, CB, Washington (B+)

Round 3 Pick 43 (NYJ): JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, Southern California (A+)

Round 4 Pick 6 (LAC): Elijah Qualls, DT, Washington (A)

Round 4 Pick 10: Jordan Leggett, TE, Clemson (A)

Round 4 Pick 11 (N.E.): Eddie Jackson, SS, Alabama (A+)

Round 5 Pick 3: Tanoh Kpassagnon, DE, Villanova (A-)

Round 6 Pick 6 (LAC): Brian Hill, RB, Wyoming (A+)

Round 7 Pick 3: Zane Gonzalez, K, Arizona State (A+)

Your Future Picks: 

2018 Round 1 Pick

2019 Round 1 Pick

Your score is: 14671 (GRADE: A+) 

Couple 3rd round trade downs and this would have me happy.

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 3: Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson (B)

Round 2 Pick 4: Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama (A-)

Round 3 Pick 8 (N.E.): Sidney Jones, CB, Washington (B+)

Round 3 Pick 43 (NYJ): JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, Southern California (A+)

Round 4 Pick 6 (LAC): Elijah Qualls, DT, Washington (A)

Round 4 Pick 10: Jordan Leggett, TE, Clemson (A)

Round 4 Pick 11 (N.E.): Eddie Jackson, SS, Alabama (A+)

Round 5 Pick 3: Tanoh Kpassagnon, DE, Villanova (A-)

Round 6 Pick 6 (LAC): Brian Hill, RB, Wyoming (A+)

Round 7 Pick 3: Zane Gonzalez, K, Arizona State (A+)

Your Future Picks: 

2018 Round 1 Pick

2019 Round 1 Pick

here is the lastest one I did at Firstpick, also the highest grade Ive gotten

I got one c and one b, I would have had to take another WR to avoid the Jones pick

Your score is: 14825 (GRADE: A+)

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 20 (DEN): Jamal Adams, SS, LSU (A+)

Round 2 Pick 4: Evan Engram, TE/WR, Ole Miss (A-)

Round 2 Pick 19 (DEN): Patrick Mahomes II, QB, Texas Tech (A+)

Round 3 Pick 6 (NYJ): Cordrea Tankersley, CB, Clemson (A+)

Round 3 Pick 18 (DEN): Cooper Kupp, WR, Eastern Washington (A+)

Round 3 Pick 43 (NYJ): Julie'n Davenport, OT, Bucknell (A)

Round 4 Pick 4: Adam Bisnowaty, OT/OG, Pittsburgh (B)

Round 4 Pick 10: Jarron Jones, DT, Notre Dame (C+)

Round 5 Pick 3: D'Onta Foreman, RB, Texas (A-)

Round 7 Pick 3: Zane Gonzalez, K, Arizona State (A+)

Your score is: 15722 (GRADE: A+)

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 14 (PHI): Jamal Adams, SS, LSU (A+)

Round 2 Pick 4: Patrick Mahomes II, QB, Texas Tech (A-)

Round 2 Pick 7 (NYJ): Garett Bolles, OT, Utah (A)

Round 2 Pick 8 (CAR): Budda Baker, FS, Washington (B+)

Round 2 Pick 11 (PHI): T.J. Watt, OLB/DE, Wisconsin (B+)

Round 3 Pick 3: Caleb Brantley, DT, Florida (A)

Round 3 Pick 6 (NYJ): Gerald Everett, TE, South Alabama (A)

Round 3 Pick 35 (PHI): Zay Jones, WR, East Carolina (A+)

Round 4 Pick 4: David Sharpe, OT, Florida (A)

Round 4 Pick 10: Dede Westbrook, WR, Oklahoma (A)

Round 5 Pick 3: Rasul Douglas, CB, West Virginia (A) uhh

Round 7 Pick 3: Avery Moss, DE, Youngstown State (B-)

No way we could get this lucky...

"5. Chad Kelly, QB, OleMiss - Huge upside pick here. I think he's got more raw talent than anyone at the QB position this year. He's a great QB to stash and develop."

Scored the highest ever QB rating on Sports Science: Draft Combine Special. Too bad he is looked down upon, but you reap what you sow. If the McCaskeys didn't own the Bears, he would be a more talented Jim McMahon. They would frown on that pick.

Your score is: 14825 (GRADE: A+)

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 20 (DEN): Jamal Adams, SS, LSU (A+)

Round 2 Pick 4: Evan Engram, TE/WR, Ole Miss (A-)

Round 2 Pick 19 (DEN): Patrick Mahomes II, QB, Texas Tech (A+)

Round 3 Pick 6 (NYJ): Cordrea Tankersley, CB, Clemson (A+)

Round 3 Pick 18 (DEN): Cooper Kupp, WR, Eastern Washington (A+)

Round 3 Pick 43 (NYJ): Julie'n Davenport, OT, Bucknell (A)

Round 4 Pick 4: Adam Bisnowaty, OT/OG, Pittsburgh (B)

Round 4 Pick 10: Jarron Jones, DT, Notre Dame (C+)

Round 5 Pick 3: D'Onta Foreman, RB, Texas (A-)

Your Picks:

Not bad. I'd rather go elsewhere for premiere talent than grab Mahomes, but both are damn good drafts. But no QB at all?

Your Picks:

I would like that draft

Picked up Clevelands 2018 1st, #12, and Pick #33 so they can take Trubisky.

Your score is: 15660 (GRADE: A+)

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 12 (CLE): Jamal Adams, SS, LSU (A+)

Round 2 Pick 1 (CLE): Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson (A+)

Round 2 Pick 4: Garett Bolles, OT, Utah (A)

Round 3 Pick 15 (MINN): Sidney Jones, CB, Washington (A-)

Round 3 Pick 20 (T.B.): Zay Jones, WR, East Carolina (A+)

Round 4 Pick 10: Elijah Qualls, DT, Washington (A)

Round 4 Pick 15 (MINN): George Kittle, TE, Iowa (A)

Round 4 Pick 19 (T.B.): Dede Westbrook, WR, Oklahoma (A+)

Round 5 Pick 3: Rasul Douglas, CB, West Virginia (A-)

Round 5 Pick 13 (ARI): Brian Hill, RB, Wyoming (B)

Round 5 Pick 18 (T.B.): Devonte Fields, OLB/DE, Louisville (D+)

Your Future Picks:

2018 Round 1 Pick

2018 Round 1 Pick (CLE)

2019 Round 1 Pick

Picked up Clevelands 2018 1st, #12, and Pick #33 so they can take Trubisky.

Your score is: 15660 (GRADE: A+)

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 12 (CLE): Jamal Adams, SS, LSU (A+)

Round 2 Pick 1 (CLE): Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson (A+)

Round 2 Pick 4: Garett Bolles, OT, Utah (A)

Round 3 Pick 15 (MINN): Sidney Jones, CB, Washington (A-)

Round 3 Pick 20 (T.B.): Zay Jones, WR, East Carolina (A+)

Round 4 Pick 10: Elijah Qualls, DT, Washington (A)

Round 4 Pick 15 (MINN): George Kittle, TE, Iowa (A)

Round 4 Pick 19 (T.B.): Dede Westbrook, WR, Oklahoma (A+)

Round 5 Pick 3: Rasul Douglas, CB, West Virginia (A-)

Round 5 Pick 13 (ARI): Brian Hill, RB, Wyoming (B)

Round 5 Pick 18 (T.B.): Devonte Fields, OLB/DE, Louisville (D+)

Your Future Picks:

2018 Round 1 Pick

2018 Round 1 Pick (CLE)

2019 Round 1 Pick

In my book, I think this one wins. All the extra picks, Adams, Watson, and DeDe Westbrook in later rounds is pretty solid.