TE Adam Shaheen

bradjock

That was a good spot for Quincy Wilson or Obi Melifonwu, wtf. There is no way Shaheen was the best player on their board.

So we have now overpaid for Glennon and drafted Trubisky, and overpaid for Sims and drafted Shaheen? What is Pace thinking? I don't mind drafting him, but how does this improve our team over Miller and Sims? The 2nd round no less. That is supposed to be a starter.

Dude is a physical freak! Listen you pussies, it doesn't take long to develop a f'n TE! He will contribute this year...

Like your mentality. Tired of all the whining after any pick or move, let this team rebuild. Last year we picked a potential beast pass rusher and this year we have a potential stud QB. Two positions you have to have to win in this league. The corner is turning, jump on or jump off the bandwagon. :bringit

Like your mentality. Tired of all the whining after any pick or move, let this team rebuild. Last year we picked a potential beast pass rusher and this year we have a potential stud QB. Two positions you have to have to win in this league. The corner is turning, jump on or jump off the bandwagon. :bringit

Yup! and LOL @ Mongo for his comment too!

GO BEARS.

I actually like it, but think it's a reach. He's a monster TE who is way more athletic than men his size have any business being. Short term he's a guy who is an immediate red zone threat. Long term he's got potential to be an unguardable weapon Trubisky can rely upon.

Like I said already, if the Bears are all-in on Trubisky, they should do everything possible to support and protect him.

Looks like they plan on going two TE sets often which plays huge into Howard. Glennon is also better in that set running a lot of play action. Many short quick passes and run plays to control the clock. The WRs we have also seem to fit the scheme, guys who can get open in quick short routes. Who sticks at TE, Sims, Miller, Shaheen, and Braunicker and try to stash Brown on practice squad

I actually like it, but think it's a reach. He's a monster TE who is way more athletic than men his size have any business being. Short term he's a guy who is an immediate red zone threat. Long term he's got potential to be an unguardable weapon Trubisky can rely upon.

Like I said already, if the Bears are all-in on Trubisky, they should do everything possible to support and protect him.

I am not a fan of Pace, but he gave me Trubisky.

This could be our Graham. Simms was overpaid but I think the Bears were ok spending, and sims can block. Miller's injury and his age/injury history makes him the position one of need. I just didn't feel it was the biggest ned. I'm ok with the pick till we know more, there was a run at other positions including this one we needed or a lack of talent.

Edit: Tight ends are a growing QB's best friend, be it Trubisky or even Glennon.

Right on Jason.

Dude is a physical freak! Listen you pussies, it doesn't take long to develop a f'n TE! He will contribute this year...

But I mean c'mon, in the second round? Really? You seriously think ANYONE else was looking at this guy anywhere on the draft board? I'm fairly confident Pace coulda gotten him in later rounds or even as a UDFA. I'm really starting to think Pace is trying to overthink it and get cute. He's acting a bit like Emery where he always thought he was the smartest guy in the room.

Interesting combine numbers, I did not know Shaheen led all TE's for the bench press.

TE's 3, 4 , and 5 picked:

#3 - Njoku, 6-4, 246 lbs, 4.64 40, 21 reps, 6.97 cone, 4.34 shuttle, 37.5 vert, 133 broad

#4 - Everett, 6-3, 239 lbs, 4.62 40, 22 reps, 6.99 cone, 4.33 shuttle, 37.5 vert, 125 broad

#5 - Shaheen, 6-6, 278 lbs, 4.79 40, 24 reps, 7.09 cone, 4.38 shuttle, 32.5 vert, 121 broad

So Shaheen ran slightly slower (but has 30-40 lbs on the others), had the most bp reps, had a comparable 3-cone and shuttle. His vertical was better than Howard's and his broad was the same.

I stand corrected. This was actually a decent pick, and if he can perform near his athletic capability, Trubisky is going to have a huge RZ target.

I am not a fan of Pace, but he gave me Trubisky.

This could be our Graham. Simms was overpaid but I think the Bears were ok spending, and sims can block. Miller's injury and his age/injury history makes him the position one of need. I just didn't feel it was the biggest ned. I'm ok with the pick till we know more, there was a run at other positions including this one we needed or a lack of talent.

Edit: Tight ends are a growing QB's best friend, be it Trubisky or even Glennon.

Cmon, get back in camp son! Pace is getting it done...

But I mean c'mon, in the second round? Really? You seriously think ANYONE else was looking at this guy anywhere on the draft board? I'm fairly confident Pace coulda gotten him in later rounds or even as a UDFA. I'm really starting to think Pace is trying to overthink it and get cute. He's acting a bit like Emery where he always thought he was the smartest guy in the room.

With his size, speed, and production, he was on everyone's board. Just not early or mid 2nd probably for most. I thought he would be there in round 3.

I think, given Zach Miller's health issues, he might not make it out of camp this summer.

Peace :dabears

I think we keep him, but you are right, with his health issues, you can't count on him for anything. He's still a solid vet to have around for our TE's. We are going to run the ball and between Simms and the rookie, we have two guys that can block and we think Simms can catch better then expected and Shaheen has potential to be a great weapon as well. We are going to run a lot of two TE sets and we are going to pass out of them.

I am on record as saying I'd have waited to draft TE (because it was just so deep so I didn't think we'd downgrade that much waiting till the 4th round...but I love the idea of getting a big weapon like this who can develop with Tru). I also think we are going to suck this year (and thought that before the draft), so I like that we are taking the patient path and trying to acquire best talent possible. Next year, I expect us to have a high pick and wouldn't be shocked if we were moving down and accumulating picks in the 1st (vs. moving up).

I'm betting we take a DB and WR with two of our next 3 picks...possibly 2 DB's. I particularly like Desmond King. I think he is underrated and is a good fit in our system. He also is a ball hawk.

Rumor is that at least 5 different teams had Shaheen within top 50 of their draft boards (so he pretty much went where pegged). Cowboys wanted him badly and had him graded as the 2nd best TE in the draft. Heard an analyst who talked to numerous NFL scouts who implied that he was considered by many scouts (not a full majority, but quite a few) as the 3rd best TE in the draft.

I am getting fired up over the pick. I also don't think he's as big of a project as some imply, mainly because he has such strong physical gifts. Yes, it will be an adjustment, but he'll kick butt!!!