Supposedly McCaskeys told Pace he was to take MT

ASHKUM BEAR

Just heard the newest spin on the NFL draft from "sources" close to the Bears. Supposedly Pace was told to get a QB no matter what with the first pick. He is not the man in charge when ownership is making the football decisions. Why does everything have to be a conspiracy. From Fox didnt know to this now.

The Chiefs (edit:had -Cardinals) were praised for trading away their future for Mahomes and they said you do that for a QB that can be your franchis for 10 years. Bears do it and the world collapses.

Just heard the newest spin on the NFL draft from "sources" close to the Bears. Supposedly Pace was told to get a QB no matter what with the first pick. He is not the man in charge when ownership is making the football decisions. Why does everything have to be a conspiracy. From Fox didnt know to this now.

The Cardinals were praised for trading away their future for Mahomes and they said you do that for a QB that can be your franchis for 10 years. Bears do it and the world collapses.

Not sure I believe this one. But do tend to believe the rumor of discourse developing between Fox and Pace.

Mahomes went to KC. And they have been questioned about their choice to get him like they did. Difference is; they have Andy Reid as their coach, Alex Smith as their starter and a pretty damn good defense.

Not sure I believe this one. But do tend to believe the rumor of discourse developing between Fox and Pace.

Mahomes went to KC. And they have been questioned about their choice to get him like they did. Difference is; they have Andy Reid as their coach, Alex Smith as their starter and a pretty damn good defense.

I think it is very clear this is who Pace decided was a future franchise QB, I think all the burden goes on him, but isnit that his job. As far as discourse between him and Fox, Foxy is the type that speaks his mind, I do not see his unhappiness by his actions. I think the biggest thing about this draft is it was so unexpected and has definitely brought out all of the Nikki Negatives, but I like Pace stirring those type of people up, it makes for an interesting off season.

Yeah everything I heard or read about KC and Mahomes was highly negative too.

I think it is very clear this is who Pace decided was a future franchise QB, I think all the burden goes on him, but isnit that his job. As far as discourse between him and Fox, Foxy is the type that speaks his mind, I do not see his unhappiness by his actions. I think the biggest thing about this draft is it was so unexpected and has definitely brought out all of the Nikki Negatives, but I like Pace stirring those type of people up, it makes for an interesting off season.

Since it was aired on the score last night, it may start picking up steam. The writers and talking heads hate this regime because they know about as much as you or me on the Bears inside plans. Last night they talked about how Fox and Pace both wanted Adams and he was the better player to turn the franchise around immediately and they were forced to take a guy neither will be around when he starts producing. It seams the media will stir anything up for drama.

I heard from a source close to the media that they are just blowing smoke to get ratings and accumulate clicks. It sounds credible to me. :rolleyes:

Honestly we know how this works. all the build up to the draft, then the draft is done and outside of UDFA signings there's not much NFL news so you gotta talk and write about something so why not speculate, and even invent drama to get people's dander up or sound like they have something relevant to say when truth is the ones that know what's going on for sure are those in the organization, and even then there are employees who don't know all the details of relationships, who told who what within the management, staff, and Pace. Just like at my job I don't know every detail about the goings on. I can only speculate on things I'm not privy to.

I don't buy that he was told to take a QB no matter what, not sure also how much I buy that Pace and Fox are at odds. I have no doubt that Pace and upper management had communication on the draft and I don't doubt they offered their opinions but ultimately the decision was by Pace and his draft room staff. The personalities on the Score tend to get worked up and exaggerate. It riles people up and some of the callers sound like they don't know their arse from a hole in the ground. I'd take what you read/hear with a grain of salt. They will work every angle they can to find a story even if half what they say is speculation or outright lie.

The Cardinals were praised for trading away their future for Mahomes and they said you do that for a QB that can be your franchis for 10 years. Bears do it and the world collapses.

The Chiefs got Mahomes, but I know what you're saying. Pretty much the same with the Texans giving Osweiler to Cleveland and then trading up for Watson. Paces' move surprised everyone and he got the player that the team coveted. I think he marks it done as mission accomplished. The talking heads have to spin this for as much hay as they can make. And everyone loves a soap opera. By training camp we won't be taking much about this crap.

Do I believe that Fox did not know about or agree with the MT Pick, NO

Do I believe that McCaskey told Pace to draft QB Round 1, or to draft MT, NO

Both concepts to me are totally ridiculous and I am surprised anyone would believe them

I guess if you dislike the Bears, the Bears Draft, Pace &/or Fox enough you will love to keep the negativity rolling

Pace was on record saying his #1 priority was to resolve the long time problem of the Bears at the QB position

Agree with his decisions or not I think it is obvious he is attempting to do everything possible to do just that

All we can do now is wait to see how it all plays out and pray he was correct in his assessment

Connor, I think you meant Chiefs but completely agree with your point. I think Bears nation is just worried about being patient and developing this QB properly ala Aaron Rodgers with Green Bay

who spent nearly 4 years behind Brett Favre before getting his chance. I'll admit that I am worried that the Bears may not have the patience nor staff to develop a franchise QB since recent history

has proven they could not in the past with players like Rex Grossman for example. We fans have been so conditioned to expect to draft mostly Defensive players every year over the past few decades that it feels awkward and so

strange when the new regime does this unimaginable think and trades up to pick a QB. What will be even harder for fans will be to accept and be patient with regards to expectations and not to pressure the organization to rush Mitch into the startng lien up both before he is ready mentally and before ensuring our OL is able to provide reliable pocket security like how Dallas was able to do for Prescott. Hopefully next year will be a great year to draft an franchise LT!

This is exactly why I ignore anything the media says. Any one notice when the story came out that fox was pissed that the writer immediately walked his statement back. Listening to pace he clearly says on many different occasions that every time they went down to chapel Hill to visit with trubisky that fox was right there side by side with him. The media isn't so much reliable anymore. They love to create fake stories just to create drama and create more story lines that gets everyone all worked up

The media speculation is mostly fueled by the thought that Fox at his current age needs to win now. The other things that help them are the fact that locally the SCORE employs Mike Mulligan, Hub Arkush and Brad Biggs all with ties to the Bears whether current or former.

As for the Bears the national clips with Fox asking Pace if he called Trubisky and Fox saying Pace said no he's going to the stage and then Trubisky saying that he was surprised because he had little contact with the Bears since earlier in the process raises an eyebrow.

The big wow statement came via the 9ers allegedly saying they thought the Bears were moving up for Thomas and some director of kissing Lynch's butt asked why did they pay Glennon?

This is why there is so much media speculation because no one including local beat writers and talking heads had a clue what Pace was going to do.

Kudos to Brad Biggs who had Trubisky going number 2 just to the wrong team.

The media speculation is mostly fueled by the thought that Fox at his current age needs to win now. The other things that help them are the fact that locally the SCORE employs Mike Mulligan, Hub Arkush and Brad Biggs all with ties to the Bears whether current or former.

As for the Bears the national clips with Fox asking Pace if he called Trubisky and Fox saying Pace said no he's going to the stage and then Trubisky saying that he was surprised because he had little contact with the Bears since earlier in the process raises an eyebrow.

The big wow statement came via the 9ers allegedly saying they thought the Bears were moving up for Thomas and some director of kissing Lynch's butt asked why did they pay Glennon?

This is why there is so much media speculation because no one including local beat writers and talking heads had a clue what Pace was going to do.

Kudos to Brad Biggs who had Trubisky going number 2 just to the wrong team.

That 49er thing smells bad. By all accounts Lynch wanted Thomas the entire time. So if that's true why in the world would lynch trade the pick if he seriously thought the bears would take Thomas. No gm makes that trade if he thinks the team is going to take the player he wanted

That 49er thing smells bad. By all accounts Lynch wanted Thomas the entire time. So if that's true why in the world would lynch trade the pick if he seriously thought the bears would take Thomas. No gm makes that trade if he thinks the team is going to take the player he wanted

Because you don't pay that for a non QB. Lynch did well weather he got his guy or not. They had 3 players slotted and 2 were there for him at 3. Lynch is still smiling...

The problem with that theory is that if he was told to draft a QB--why not stand pat and take the best one that fell to us? I don't think it would be hard to sell the McKasky's on Watson.

Instead, we not only target Trubisky, but we decided days in advance to trade up. We likely signed Dirty Sanchez AND invited Mike Glennon to the draft party. Both smoke-screens knowing we wanted Trubisky. And with our dealings with San Fran we:

1. Refused to tel them who we were going to draft

2. Insisted they not tell anyone else we wanted to move up

3. Sent out a rumor that we wanted to trade down.

Lots of covert business here. We were all in. On a side note, has anyone talked about the fact we tried to trade up for Marietta and Wentz in successive years? Doesn't the fact we struck it 2 years straight explain why we traded up?

The Chiefs (edit:had -Cardinals) were praised for trading away their future for Mahomes and they said you do that for a QB that can be your franchis for 10 years. Bears do it and the world collapses.

The problem with that theory is that if he was told to draft a QB--why not stand pat and take the best one that fell to us? I don't think it would be hard to sell the McKasky's on Watson.

Instead, we not only target Trubisky, but we decided days in advance to trade up. We likely signed Dirty Sanchez AND invited Mike Glennon to the draft party. Both smoke-screens knowing we wanted Trubisky. And with our dealings with San Fran we:

Lots of covert business here. We were all in. On a side note, has anyone talked about the fact we tried to trade up for Marietta and Wentz in successive years? Doesn't the fact we struck it 2 years straight explain why we traded up?

I didn't buy this theory, it just humored me someone else had to add another spin to it. As you said, Pace made attempts the previous drafts but we were not in a good position to make the move without a real sacrifice to our future. Sitting at 3, we were at a distance to get it accomplished and it happened. Being as covert as they were tells me they were very sure on this decision also. The more I have read on Trubisky, the more I think he can be a top 5-10 QB. He is a student of the game now, give him 3 years and he will be the professor (our version of Peyton Manning)

On #1 I wouldn't tell anyone who I wanted. Don't give your opponent an opportunity to back out with 2 and 3 that's the way things should be done. I make no bones about how I feel about the media. Why not use them to your advantage knowing exactly what they are going to do