Bears at Ravens Game Thread

adam

Fox needs to be fired after this game. No way he should be coaching in the NFL. We have had zero long drives in the game with a shitty kicker and we win the toss and ask to receive first? Then we go 3 and out and O'Donnell shanks the punt. Game over.

I know they say we need a offensive minded HC for Trubisky, but Dave Toub may be an offensive minded genius as well as a ST's one already.

Penalties, poor play selection, confusion all around. What more do we need to conclude Fox is not what we need?

Are you confident the WR will be on the same page?

Probably not. Sad, this is the NFL and what we get. At least the Defense is doing there part. 14 points on ST, 2 FGs and a 2 pt conv. Fuller, Amos, Jackson, actually all the DBs played well. Hicks, Goldman, Trevathon, Jones also solid effort.

I'm livid with the play selection. I'm glad it worked out in the end but calling for a run straight up the gut when there is 10 in the box. Your just not going to get much with those calls. We got lucky the defense bailed us out.

Special shout out to fuller. My god was he all over the place. I don't know what the final #s look like but he allowed 1 catch although he was targeted around 12 times roughly. And how many pass break up did the dude have. Definitely his best game overall.

Now maybe next game loggains will take the damn kid gloves off trubisky. Otherwise there's no sense in having him out there.

I'm livid with the play selection. I'm glad it worked out in the end but calling for a run straight up the gut when there is 10 in the box. Your just not going to get much with those calls. We got lucky the defense bailed us out.

Special shout out to fuller. My god was he all over the place. I don't know what the final #s look like but he allowed 1 catch although he was targeted around 12 times roughly. And how many pass break up did the dude have. Definitely his best game overall.

Now maybe next game loggains will take the damn kid gloves off trubisky. Otherwise there's no sense in having him out there.

Amen! The playcalling was atrocious. Looked like they decided to revert to the offense they had set up with Glennon. Understand that they lack high quality WRs but have him at least run the offense he’s more effective in. That being zone with roll outs. Standing in the pocket against a defense like Baltimore is going to get him killed.

Positive takaways are the Bears are 2-0 against the AFC and with the Packers losing today, only two games out from the division lead. Lol!!!

I don't mind the ground and pound, but event that becomes predictable. Even the commentators were able to determine what the Bears were going to do before the play just based solely on the personnel package and formation. This needs to change. We need to spread them out with more WR's and run from that. Also, more play action from the 2-TE sets. I would also like to see a couple of read option plays and definitely more bootlegs.

I don't mind the ground and pound, but event that becomes predictable. Even the commentators were able to determine what the Bears were going to do before the play just based solely on the personnel package and formation. This needs to change. We need to spread them out with more WR's and run from that. Also, more play action from the 2-TE sets. I would also like to see a couple of read option plays and definitely more bootlegs.

Definitely more play action. The run game was working perfectly. Just a couple here and there would get the defense at least respecting the pass

Definitely more play action. The run game was working perfectly. Just a couple here and there would get the defense at least respecting the pass

That's all I am asking, not a full wholesale change in philosophy. Just mix in a few more passes, with a few deep balls, and it will soften things up a lot. Then once they start stacking the box again you take advantage over the top. We have yet to do that.

Everyone the starting WRs were McBride and Gentry! Both making their first NFL starts. How much acclimated to the play book could they have been?I agree that these are Glennon plays but it seems they spent the entire game trying to buck tendencies, especially with Cohen on the field.

Everyone the starting WRs were McBride and Gentry! Both making their first NFL starts. How much acclimated to the play book could they have been?I agree that these are Glennon plays but it seems they spent the entire game trying to buck tendencies, especially with Cohen on the field.

A reflection of that: Only one WR had receptions--2 for Wright. How does that relate to how other teams prepare for us moving forward?