Who will be the next Bears head coach

DABEARSDABOMB

I would want Urban Meyer. But that's because I'm a Michigan fan and want him out of the Big Ten! And he is one hell of a coach with an excellent track record of success. I don't know if that translates to the NFL or if he would ever leave college but that would be a win-win for me!

I would want Urban Meyer. But that's because I'm a Michigan fan and want him out of the Big Ten! And he is one hell of a coach with an excellent track record of success. I don't know if that translates to the NFL or if he would ever leave college but that would be a win-win for me!

Lol!! Thats the best, if not funniest, endorsement yet. I’m a Nebraska guy so I’d just as soon see all the other HCs leave. It would be cool to see Meyer give it a go in the bigs.

So I’m guessing you wouldn’t want to see Harbaugh leave?

People need to step back a bit from Wentz and Eagles mania. They have a good team this year but it's on both sides of the ball. Look at Wentz' stats last year and there's a lot of questionable games. Week 16 against the Giants he was 13 of 24 for 152 yds, 1 TD and 1 INT. If that isn't Foxball numbers what is? Put that in comparison to Trubisky's games so far and all the hysteria around his poor performance being the coaches fault. In fact Wentz threw 14 INTs last year.

http://www.nfl.com/player/carsonwentz/2555...ogs?season=2016

Flip it over to 2017 and it's clear Wentz isn't lighting the world on fire. Against Dallas the week before the Bears he completed just 52% of his passes for a mere 168 yards. That's piss poor development of their young QB and an offense that's worthy of firing John Fox, if he were Wentz' head coach. Why then do people ascribe so much to success to Wentz and the offensive coaches?

I'd say the person we should be looking at for the Eagles success is the DC of that Top 5 Defense. Yes, that's Jim Schwartz.

This has to be a joke right? They beat the Giants in Week 16 last year and beat Dallas 37-9, scored 30 straight points, and lost their kicker two weeks ago.

Was Wentz worse last year, absolutely, but that is the exact reason why Reich would be a good selection. He made an inexperienced young QB with a ton of upside into an MVP candidate.

Lol!! Thats the best, if not funniest, endorsement yet. I’m a Nebraska guy so I’d just as soon see all the other HCs leave. It would be cool to see Meyer give it a go in the bigs.

So I’m guessing you wouldn’t want to see Harbaugh leave?

I like Harbaugh at Michigan so far although I think Meyer is a much better coach.

Really?

He's on pace to throw for nearly 4000 yards for the season, and currently has 28 TDs (league leader) to just 5 INTs. You can poo-poo it all you want, but if that were Trubisky this post would likely be getting typed from the doctor's office as I wait to be seen for carpal tunnel and a torn rotator cuff from all the fist pumping and high fiving.

Nope, said the same about Cam Newton when he won MVP. He played behind and fed off of a great defense. Newton was outstanding on those short fields that defense provided him that year. What happened the next season when the defense took a step back? Said the same about Dak Prescott last year when everyone was on his bandwagon last year. Even a Cowboy fan told me Prescott was missing too many throws in traffic.

I don't think Wentz is a front-runner like Newton is but if you watched the same Bears-Eagles game I did you certainly saw some of his errant throws. I'm not saying he's always inaccurate but like Trubisky he sometimes makes rushed passes with poor technique, sometimes with no pressure around him. It shows up in his completion %. The raw talent and natural accuracy is there so over the years I think he'll correct that but I won't sit here and deny what's on the film and what his stats say. His 60% completion rate puts him 30th among starting QBs. His defense has 16 INTs this year, 2nd in the league. Just like Newton in 2015 those extra possessions help to achieve the avg 250yd/game passing (4000yds on a season) pace.

I'm not saying he's playing poorly, I think he's playing well and most importantly he's protecting the ball much better this season. He's not putting up league MVP performances week after week and he is not the main reason the Eagles have the best record. He's playing behind a pretty good offensive line which is rushing the football for 3rd best yards/game in the league. If there is anyone on this board I'd expect to hear extolling the virtues of the Eagles Oline helping the young QB look good (and not the other way around) it is you.

Now if people were clamoring for Eagles offensive coaches because they want someone to come in and build a good Oline and strong rushing attack to support the young QB, along with building a Top 5 defense... that would make sense because it's what the Eagles have done. Except of course that's what Fox wants do here, and already has to a large extent (we are 8th in rushing offense, Eagles are 3rd). Our defense has stints where they play Top 10 but clearly need a few more pieces to stay there consistently. Today they are ranked 15th.

FWIW I'd say Wentz is on path similar to the one Russell Wilson took early in his career. Seattle won games because of their defense and rushing attack with good enough QB play to not turn the ball over. Years later they now win games because of Wilson. That formula is the way to win in the NFL with a young QB. If we change coaches that shouldn't be lost on Ryan Pace just because he drafted Trubisky.

This has to be a joke right? They beat the Giants in Week 16 last year and beat Dallas 37-9, scored 30 straight points, and lost their kicker two weeks ago.

Was Wentz worse last year, absolutely, but that is the exact reason why Reich would be a good selection. He made an inexperienced young QB with a ton of upside into an MVP candidate.

I'm open minded and willing to seeing the "MVP data". All I can find is that he's the 11th ranked passer in total yards, and 29th or 30th ranked in comp% (depending where you look). Eli Manning just got benched and his numbers are better. You can use QBR which has him 3rd but that's heavily weighted toward wins. Even then Case Keenum has him beat and nobody is singing his praises.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/year...017/passing.htm

It's going to be Pete Carmichael, because he's a New Orleans connection, and I'm not going to be very happy about it. Dude gives off too many Marc Trestman vibes with his dorky personality.

Not sure about him either. If I knew the Saints offense was his and not Paytons I could buy it. Maybe Andy Reid gets fired the way KC has fallen apart, but he would be another retread. Otherwise, the hot candidate is Frank Reich.

After watching today's game against the 49ers it is clear this offense and Trubisky are not ascending. That means the end is nigh.

After watching tonight's game there are two coordinators in Seattle that deserve some consideration:

OC Darrell Bevel. He has shepherded Wilson throughout his career from a young QB relying heavily on the run game to the player who can take over a game from the pocket (if his oline can block for more than 2 sec). Despite the horrible line play the offense is still in the top half of the league statistically. Of course he's also the guy who didn't give the football to Marshawn Lynch at the 1yd line. That alone scares me.

DC Kris Richard. Seems like every DB he coached in Seattle before becoming the DC became a Pro Bowl player. The defense has not missed a beat since he took over and they just shutdown the player most are calling the MVP in Wentz. That was done despite missing a Pro Bowl Safety and CB. Yes he still has players like Wagner, Thomas, and Bennett but his backups are ready to play. I don't mind a defensive minded HC because I still think that's the fastest way we get back to winning and to the playoffs, as long as he knows who to hire as an OC.

There is a college coach in Washington that built Boise St into a top 10 program, Chris Petersen. Then in two years he built Washington into a top 10 program. He knows how to coach and get the most out of the talent he has on the roster. I can't see Pace going the college route, he'll want someone with NFL background, but this guy should eventually hit the NFL coaching ranks.