Who will be the next Bears head coach

DABEARSDABOMB

Thought this could be an interesting thread; We've had a lot of discussion in the other threads specifically on Fox, but who is everyone picking/want as the next head coach.

I'm going to throw my name out...David Shaw, Stanford HC. Very charismatic, high character, proven head football coach (at college) but he also has extensive experience at the pro level (as an assistant). His overall style fits the Bears legacy well and likely resonates with the McCaskeys (to go along with his character). Hard nosed football, runs a pro offense at stanford, strong defense...overall an offensive mind whose overall style should resonate with the general Bears fan base. Not only does it resonate, I think it fits with the weather we play in and the direction of the type of team we've built. Pound and ground football leveraging a lot of playaction, roll-outs, etc, so not totally boring. Leveraged McCaffrey as a RB who could do a ton in the screen game (so some dynamics to the offense) but someone who is going to flat out lead and drive a physical football team (which plays with discipline). I also think his level-headedness fits in well as the head coach.

Thought this could be an interesting thread; We've had a lot of discussion in the other threads specifically on Fox, but who is everyone picking/want as the next head coach.

I'm going to throw my name out...David Shaw, Stanford HC. Very charismatic, high character, proven head football coach (at college) but he also has extensive experience at the pro level (as an assistant). His overall style fits the Bears legacy well and likely resonates with the McCaskeys (to go along with his character). Hard nosed football, runs a pro offense at stanford, strong defense...overall an offensive mind whose overall style should resonate with the general Bears fan base. Not only does it resonate, I think it fits with the weather we play in and the direction of the type of team we've built. Pound and ground football leveraging a lot of playaction, roll-outs, etc, so not totally boring. Leveraged McCaffrey as a RB who could do a ton in the screen game (so some dynamics to the offense) but someone who is going to flat out lead and drive a physical football team (which plays with discipline). I also think his level-headedness fits in well as the head coach.

I'd totally love David shaw. I think he could be a really good fit for us. I honestly don't have any idea who the top guys are or anything. But with that said I don't to much if the guy is offensive or defensive type guy. Just if he's defense he needs to make damn sure he brings in an OC that can resonate with trubisky and preferably someone who has called plays at some point and I would prefer if we kept a 3-4 defense for simple fact that's the style of players we have in now. If we go changing that as well we might as well be starting the rebuild completely over again

Who I'd like to see? Dave Toub - he was my favorite Bears coach the past 20 years and I believe he could be successful

Who am I intrigued by? Definitely Shaw. That would be a very interesting move.

Who do I think it will be? Pete Carmichael OC in New Orleans. He worked with Pace.

Peace :dabears

I've long said we won't be able to evaluate him until he has gotten comfortable running the offense and is able to decently read defenses. Right now everything is still moving too quickly and with that his timing is going to be off and naturally that will impact his footwork, etc. How well he can read defenses, etc, is a whole nother story. The nice thing is I've seen him throw guys open more the past couple weeks then the first few weeks and he has also gone through multiple reads quicker, etc. Very positive signs. I actually look forward to the next couple weeks where we should be in competitive games to see if we see more growth.

That's why I'm predicting Fox and company for a FINAL year.

I've long said we won't be able to evaluate him until he has gotten comfortable running the offense and is able to decently read defenses. Right now everything is still moving too quickly and with that his timing is going to be off and naturally that will impact his footwork, etc. How well he can read defenses, etc, is a whole nother story. The nice thing is I've seen him throw guys open more the past couple weeks then the first few weeks and he has also gone through multiple reads quicker, etc. Very positive signs. I actually look forward to the next couple weeks where we should be in competitive games to see if we see more growth.

So you believe Loggains is the person who should be developing Trubisky?

Frank Reich, offensive coordinator, Philadelphia Eagles. Former QB and coordinator of one of the best offenses in the NFL. We just saw first hand how good and efficient they were. Wentz went from a D-3 program to a Pro Bowler in just over a year.

Frank Reich, offensive coordinator, Philadelphia Eagles. Former QB and coordinator of one of the best offenses in the NFL. We just saw first hand how good and efficient they were. Wentz went from a D-3 program to a Pro Bowler in just over a year.

Interesting. Plus he led the greatest comeback in NFL history :)

I'm assuming the quote you showed was from Loggains? If that be the case I'm not sure how he can rate last week's performances as one of Trubisky's best. IMHO it was quite the contrary. I agree he's having issues with reading the defenses and getting into the flow of things abut if you look at his ability on his first start versus last week, he's regressed. Granted he threw a game ending INT in that first game with Minnesota but overall he looked comfortable and solid. Last week he was off. Several missed throws and a few more near misses in INTs.

I'd be ok if they wanted to keep Fox on staff but Loggains needs to go.

I like this thought completely. Hear a lot of good things about him.

I'd say in order of preference: Fox (with a different OC - perhaps Shaw?), Harbaugh ~ Shaw (close tie).

I'm assuming the quote you showed was from Loggains? If that be the case I'm not sure how he can rate last week's performances as one of Trubisky's best. IMHO it was quite the contrary. I agree he's having issues with reading the defenses and getting into the flow of things abut if you look at his ability on his first start versus last week, he's regressed. Granted he threw a game ending INT in that first game with Minnesota but overall he looked comfortable and solid. Last week he was off. Several missed throws and a few more near misses in INTs.

I'd be ok if they wanted to keep Fox on staff but Loggains needs to go.

How exactly are they replacing Loggains in the last year of Fox's deal? This is the same crap we went through with Lovie.

Peace :bringit

How exactly are they replacing Loggains in the last year of Fox's deal? This is the same crap we went through with Lovie.

Peace :bringit

Your absolutely right. Replacing loggains but keeping fox is the dumbest idea. What potential OC would want to come here just knowing that if things don't go very well immediately then he's unemployed when fox does get canned. I'm sorry but fox and loggains imo are a package deal

Your absolutely right. Replacing loggains but keeping fox is the dumbest idea. What potential OC would want to come here just knowing that if things don't go very well immediately then he's unemployed when fox does get canned. I'm sorry but fox and loggains imo are a package deal

No. Apparently you missed it but my idea of having Toub come in as OC was the ‘dumbest idea ever’. (LOL).

Canning Fox and Loggains might work if part of your proposal involves keeping Fangio. But remember, Fox is defensive minded, not offense. If you decide to rid us of all of them I think it would prove dangerous. Potentially as bad if not worse than what happened in 2013.

Lest I remind you Lovie was fired despite having a 10-6 season. If Fox were to pull that off next year, would you wish for him to go? It’s not improbable. Again the focus being on Trubisky. If you get some wunderkid OC to come in and push Trubisky to his full potential, our team easily makes an over .500 run. That is if Trubisky has a potentially high ceiling. Right now we have no way of knowing whether he does or not. And if we see the team dump the whole lot and start anew and they hire an offensive minded HC what happens if Trubisky tanks? And now the defense tanks because you don’t have someone like Fangio leading them?

My doubts don’t lie with Fox as much they do with Loggains and Pace. Your hope for changing the coaching staff is based on Pace being able to make a winning choice. My concern is he won’t.

People need to step back a bit from Wentz and Eagles mania. They have a good team this year but it's on both sides of the ball. Look at Wentz' stats last year and there's a lot of questionable games. Week 16 against the Giants he was 13 of 24 for 152 yds, 1 TD and 1 INT. If that isn't Foxball numbers what is? Put that in comparison to Trubisky's games so far and all the hysteria around his poor performance being the coaches fault. In fact Wentz threw 14 INTs last year.

http://www.nfl.com/player/carsonwentz/2555...ogs?season=2016

Flip it over to 2017 and it's clear Wentz isn't lighting the world on fire. Against Dallas the week before the Bears he completed just 52% of his passes for a mere 168 yards. That's piss poor development of their young QB and an offense that's worthy of firing John Fox, if he were Wentz' head coach. Why then do people ascribe so much to success to Wentz and the offensive coaches?

I'd say the person we should be looking at for the Eagles success is the DC of that Top 5 Defense. Yes, that's Jim Schwartz.

DING DING DING!!

Assuming the Bears can't get Gruden, Reich sounds like the guy for the Bears' future.

1. Eagles offense success

2. Wentz was DIII and jumped right in

3. NFL QB for 13 years

4. Played during the K-Gun era

All of the above means he understands complicated offenses and design, and is the right guy to mentor Trubisky.

People need to step back a bit from Wentz and Eagles mania. They have a good team this year but it's on both sides of the ball. Look at Wentz' stats last year and there's a lot of questionable games. Week 16 against the Giants he was 13 of 24 for 152 yds, 1 TD and 1 INT. If that isn't Foxball numbers what is? Put that in comparison to Trubisky's games so far and all the hysteria around his poor performance being the coaches fault. In fact Wentz threw 14 INTs last year.

Flip it over to 2017 and it's clear Wentz isn't lighting the world on fire. Against Dallas the week before the Bears he completed just 52% of his passes for a mere 168 yards. That's piss poor development of their young QB and an offense that's worthy of firing John Fox, if he were Wentz' head coach. Why then do people ascribe so much to success to Wentz and the offensive coaches?

I'd say the person we should be looking at for the Eagles success is the DC of that Top 5 Defense. Yes, that's Jim Schwartz.

Look at the great Dak Prescott, last year with a great RB, great OL, he did well, this year they lose EE and he doesnt look so good.

Most good QBs have a really good defense and a very good running game, its a whole team upgrade that puts the QB into a good position to succeed.

Really?

He's on pace to throw for nearly 4000 yards for the season, and currently has 28 TDs (league leader) to just 5 INTs. You can poo-poo it all you want, but if that were Trubisky this post would likely be getting typed from the doctor's office as I wait to be seen for carpal tunnel and a torn rotator cuff from all the fist pumping and high fiving.

Lest I remind you Lovie was fired despite having a 10-6 season. If Fox were to pull that off next year, would you wish for him to go? It’s not improbable. Again the focus being on Trubisky. If you get some wunderkid OC to come in and push Trubisky to his full potential, our team easily makes an over .500 run. That is if Trubisky has a potentially high ceiling. Right now we have no way of knowing whether he does or not. And if we see the team dump the whole lot and start anew and they hire an offensive minded HC what happens if Trubisky tanks? And now the defense tanks because you don’t have someone like Fangio leading them?

My doubts don’t lie with Fox as much they do with Loggains and Pace. Your hope for changing the coaching staff is based on Pace being able to make a winning choice. My concern is he won’t.

I can't say a trust pace to make the right coaching call or not. But sticking with the same as we have for the past 3 yrs and hoping for a miracle is foolish. Most coaches who are worth a damn aren't going to come here for what is most likely 1 yr and done. Coaches would take notice that fox most likely ain't getting renewed. They will see that we haven't done squat in 7 yrs now and under fox we are getting blown out in a high percentage of our games. We aren't just a couple patch work guys from going on a deep Superbowl run. We have holes every where except probably RB. This isn't a grade A destination for an aspiring OC unless you can guarantee he gets more than 1 yr. Sorry but it's the truth. I can't stand loggains. But fox is also a problem and he needs to go as well

I can't say a trust pace to make the right coaching call or not. But sticking with the same as we have for the past 3 yrs and hoping for a miracle is foolish. Most coaches who are worth a damn aren't going to come here for what is most likely 1 yr and done. Coaches would take notice that fox most likely ain't getting renewed. They will see that we haven't done squat in 7 yrs now and under fox we are getting blown out in a high percentage of our games. We aren't just a couple patch work guys from going on a deep Superbowl run. We have holes every where except probably RB. This isn't a grade A destination for an aspiring OC unless you can guarantee he gets more than 1 yr. Sorry but it's the truth. I can't stand loggains. But fox is also a problem and he needs to go as well

Exactly. You are not getting a top OC if Fox is staying at this point.

I think I want Shaw, but I believe it'll be Shurmur...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Shurmur

Maybe a Cleveland fail isn't all bad! ;) See NE...

DING DING DING!!

Assuming the Bears can't get Gruden, Reich sounds like the guy for the Bears' future.

1. Eagles offense success

2. Wentz was DIII and jumped right in

3. NFL QB for 13 years

4. Played during the K-Gun era

All of the above means he understands complicated offenses and design, and is the right guy to mentor Trubisky.

Oh it's rare, but I gotta say it when we agree. Jason, you are correct.

IF Pace wants to keep Fox, then go get Mike McCoy. He worked for Fox twice previously.

Funny but not a bad idea. He was just recently fired from Denver. He’d consider it I’m sure.

A quick look at his past experience with QB coaching saw Orton set passing yard records both individually (and 4th overall yds/game in the NFL in 2010). The following year McCoy adapted the offense to Tebows style where he led in rushing yards and got the Broncos to the playoffs (under Fox’s guise). - Wikipedia.

The more I read, the more I like it Connor. Good suggestion.