Jeff Fisher

jason

Where do you stand on Jeff Fisher throwing his hat in the ring as potentially the next Bears HC?

A. No

B. Hell No

C. Oh HEEELLL No

i don't know who out there that is AVAILABLE is better or not IF we decide to can our current staff.

i can say this... i have no major problem with fisher. he brings a defense to play wherever he has been. he was tutored under buddy ryan and it shows. in the past with good personnel he brought the titans to nearly winning a superbowl which is far closer than we have been since '85. he also seems to find good coordinators to work with.

most of his tenure was in houston/tennessee and included an idiot for an owner that stunted the teams growth in tenn. so that is a consideration on where that team fared in the overall.

he put together the solid foundation for the rams which dumped him when they moved to LA.

so for me, i am on the fence with fisher. i wouldn't hate it if he eventually replaced fox if that is where pace wants to go. i also wouldn't mind a better coach if one is out there but put me down emphatically.... i do NOT want another project young and upcoming let's give him a try first time in the NFL head coach yet again. i'm sick of that crap.

i don't know who out there that is AVAILABLE is better or not IF we decide to can our current staff.

i can say this... i have no major problem with fisher. he brings a defense to play wherever he has been. he was tutored under buddy ryan and it shows. in the past with good personnel he brought the titans to nearly winning a superbowl which is far closer than we have been since '85. he also seems to find good coordinators to work with.

most of his tenure was in houston/tennessee and included an idiot for an owner that stunted the teams growth in tenn. so that is a consideration on where that team fared in the overall.

he put together the solid foundation for the rams which dumped him when they moved to LA.

so for me, i am on the fence with fisher. i wouldn't hate it if he eventually replaced fox if that is where pace wants to go. i also wouldn't mind a better coach if one is out there but put me down emphatically.... i do NOT want another project young and upcoming let's give him a try first time in the NFL head coach yet again. i'm sick of that crap.

With your description of of Fisher I was reminded of a different HC......take a guess who Im talking about. Hint....... almost won two SB's. always has good Coordinators working for him, teams typically play good Defense, set up the Bronco's to win a SB the following year he was fired and he is the current HC of the Chicago Bears......

With your description of of Fisher I was reminded of a different HC......take a guess who Im talking about. Hint....... almost won two SB's. always has good Coordinators working for him, teams typically play good Defense, set up the Bronco's to win a SB the following year he was fired and he is the current HC of the Chicago Bears......

i'm not in the 'fire fox' corner this season unless someone REALLY good shows up. OC? maybe so. it's just so hard to judge the coaching talent with the adversity we have gone through since he showed up.

quite frankly when fox & co. showed up, our roster was filled out with semi-pro talent. maybe one of if not THE worst i have ever witnessed in the nfl. all of that takes time to turn around. it was not and still isn't a quick fix. plus our previous coaching staff was semi-pro to go along with the talent on the team. tucker was an insane hire and it took us time to recover from that mess.

add to all of this the injuries we have suffered are above and beyond the norm. there is no way to realistically finalize a coaching staff judgement with those restrictions when you are starting 3rd and beyond depth chart players in key positions.

so as of now, i am going to rely on pace to make the hard choices (at least for a bit more time).

again, just to reiterate, i am not a jeff fisher hater. i would be comfortable with him as our HC if pace believes he can get the job done.

i'm not in the 'fire fox' corner this season unless someone REALLY good shows up. OC? maybe so. it's just so hard to judge the coaching talent with the adversity we have gone through since he showed up.

quite frankly when fox & co. showed up, our roster was filled out with semi-pro talent. maybe one of if not THE worst i have ever witnessed in the nfl. all of that takes time to turn around. it was not and still isn't a quick fix. plus our previous coaching staff was semi-pro to go along with the talent on the team. tucker was an insane hire and it took us time to recover from that mess.

add to all of this the injuries we have suffered are above and beyond the norm. there is no way to realistically finalize a coaching staff judgement with those restrictions when you are starting 3rd and beyond depth chart players in key positions.

so as of now, i am going to rely on pace to make the hard choices (at least for a bit more time).

again, just to reiterate, i am not a jeff fisher hater. i would be comfortable with him as our HC if pace believes he can get the job done.

I’m with you in that I’m not convinced letting Fox go is the answer. I’m too worried if they get rid of the whole coaching staff part and parcel then we’ll be going through at least 2-3 more years of mediocrity. I don’t think doing what LA did in ridding themselves of Fisher and bringing Mcvay is as common as we’d hope. Honestly I’d be apt to believe we’d be more like the Broncos and their lost season.

And to answer the question about Fisher...absolutely not.

I’m with you in that I’m not convinced letting Fox go is the answer. I’m too worried if they get rid of the whole coaching staff part and parcel then we’ll be going through at least 2-3 more years of mediocrity. I don’t think doing what LA did in ridding themselves of Fisher and bringing Mcvay is as common as we’d hope. Honestly I’d be apt to believe we’d be more like the Broncos and their lost season.

And to answer the question about Fisher...absolutely not.

Would you extend Fox or is he playing out the last year of his deal? If Fox is on the last year of his deal, who is the offensive coordinator? Unless Mike McCoy is will to take the job with little or no guarantee he is going to be with the Bears after a year, I don't see another viable option.

Peace :dabears

Would you extend Fox or is he playing out the last year of his deal? If Fox is on the last year of his deal, who is the offensive coordinator? Unless Mike McCoy is will to take the job with little or no guarantee he is going to be with the Bears after a year, I don't see another viable option.

Peace :dabears

Exactly. Can't expect any OC willing to sign on if fox is on his last yr of his deal. So if we want to replace the OC you have 2 options. Extend fox or fire him. And there's no justifiable reason to extend him at this point

Starting with the question, I say no to Fisher. Trading one mediocre retread coach for another doesn't stand to help our team grow. Fisher is very similar to Fox in many ways. I'm personally not in favor of hiring another retread. I would rather look for an up and coming coach, either a guy who's ready to take that HC step or one who's early in his HC career who'd be a good fit here. I know the fear is getting someone who'd be in over his head. Like Trestman, Jauron, etc.

Something that I've been thinking about and it may not be realistic but what if we were to bring in an up and coming OC who'd like a shot at HC. Part of the deal for him would be that at years end Fox will be let go and he will have had a year to audition in the sense of how he fits with the team, players, management etc. He would potentially have the inside track to replacing Fox. With the out that if he wouldn't be a fit it becomes a 1 year deal. Another plus could be that he'd have a year working alongside Fangio and some of the other coaches and would have an idea of who he'd want to keep from this staff to the next.

Starting with the question, I say no to Fisher. Trading one mediocre retread coach for another doesn't stand to help our team grow. Fisher is very similar to Fox in many ways. I'm personally not in favor of hiring another retread. I would rather look for an up and coming coach, either a guy who's ready to take that HC step or one who's early in his HC career who'd be a good fit here. I know the fear is getting someone who'd be in over his head. Like Trestman, Jauron, etc.

Something that I've been thinking about and it may not be realistic but what if we were to bring in an up and coming OC who'd like a shot at HC. Part of the deal for him would be that at years end Fox will be let go and he will have had a year to audition in the sense of how he fits with the team, players, management etc. He would potentially have the inside track to replacing Fox. With the out that if he wouldn't be a fit it becomes a 1 year deal. Another plus could be that he'd have a year working alongside Fangio and some of the other coaches and would have an idea of who he'd want to keep from this staff to the next.

More than likely Fangio is gone as well so that doesn't work out. I just have a hard time seeing someone come in to be the OC unless it's guaranteed for more than 1 yr

Where do you stand on Jeff Fisher throwing his hat in the ring as potentially the next Bears HC?

A. No

B. Hell No

C. Oh HEEELLL No

Oh HEEELLL No!

Fisher was done in LA and to be honest it was obvious during his last year or two in StL. I always felt he got the contract extension before the move to LA just as a way for the owner to keep some continuity during all the turmoil. What good HC candidate is going to want to take on a team that is might be about to move to a new city? Fisher stayed with it and got rewarded with some extra cash and then they amicably parted ways. I just think all the years of coaching burned him out and it's way too soon for that fire to be reignited in the way Vermeil did years ago.

No to Harbaugh. He'll ruin Trubisky by running too much read-option and taking the easy way out instead of developing him for the long term. It's one thing when you are the early adopter of something new but the NFL always catches up quickly.

I'm not in the FireFox mode either. I'm not in the camp that says we must keep him either. I want Pace to make a full evaluation after the season. Weeks ago I felt Tru wasn't improving and that would be the end of it. The last three weeks that has flipped and I've seen improvement in our rookie QB. Not everything is perfect but each week he adds more to game. If that continues I'd rather not break the continuity and just see what we get next year.

I'm not as down on Loggains as the rest of the fans because he's found ways to be productive with poor QB play. I think eventually his name rises to the next tier of up and coming NFL HC candidates. It might take him another 5-10 years but I think he'll get there. His offense looks like crap without any WRs but I'm pretty sure nobody could have made this WR corps shine early in the season. Except somehow lately Trubisky's numbers are starting to move in line with real offenses, and that's with the same bad WR corps. We're talking trend line here not worried about the details but we are seeing throws legit starting NFL QBs make.

https://www.windycitygridiron.com/2017/12/2...a-play-nfl-2017

Trubisky yards per game: 128, 113, 107, 164, 297, 179, 147, 102 (big red flag here), 271, and 314.

I like what Fangio has done with our defense. We're still 8th in total yards allowed per game, and 12th in pts/game given up. That's all while carrying a struggling offense with a rookie QB, and while playing many young players on D. There is a foundation here. Vic is on a 3yr contract so if we want him back we'll likely have to give him a couple years more and risk losing that last year if we move on from the entire staff.

I want to see how the team and the rookie QB finish the season before making an evaluation.