Everyone Agrees, Free Agent Acquisitions...

Mongo3451

I hope the Bears are going over this kid from Texas San Antonio that can come off the edge opposite Floyd named Davenport that all the scouts are talking about. Quinn has always seemed to fit a 4-3 scheme IMO and we already have one on the roster that is rehabbing,Willie Young.

Robert Quinn may be more of a 4-3, but the Bears are in a 4-3 quite often anyways. They need scheme versatility these days. He is not a available as of yet but if he does hit FA they have to take a look at him. He could replace McPhee salary wise while also being healthier.

I like what I hear on Davenport. He may sneak into the top 10 as be is starting to get exposure. Will he be a big project getting him up to NFL speed is what GMs will have to consider. His ceiling looks high, but right now his floor will need to elevate to take that high.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robert Quinn may be more of a 4-3, but the Bears are in a 4-3 quite often anyways. They need scheme versatility these days. He is not a available as of yet but if he does hit FA they have to take a look at him. He could replace McPhee salary wise while also being healthier.

I like what I hear on Davenport. He may sneak into the top 10 as be is starting to get exposure. Will he be a big project getting him up to NFL speed is what GMs will have to consider. His ceiling looks high, but right now his floor will need to elevate to take that high.

Bears are never in a 4-3, but often in a 4 man front, but that's nickel, so a 4-2

Bears are never in a 4-3, but often in a 4 man front, but that's nickel, so a 4-2

That is what I meant, meaning Quinn will still play DE on those packages which sometimes happens over half the game. The Bears will need a tweener for those and out of who we have, Houston is the only one I would want back. McPhee is no longer effective and we can hang on to Young but wouldn't mind getting younger too. If we draft one, I think he would need to be big enough to handle playing the DE also, unlike Floyd.

I think if they draft him they will keep Young and resign Houston while he learns the NFL.

I would tend to agree but I am interested to know what led to his benching.

Peace :dabears

Yeah it seems extremely strange how he practiced with the starters all week and then finds out pregame he won't play. And new England only dressed 3 CBs. Just doesn't seem right. Something smells fishy about all this. The defensive players I've heard are upset by this decision and now gronk is talking possibly retiring. Is it just talk or is all of this connected in some way

Yeah it seems extremely strange how he practiced with the starters all week and then finds out pregame he won't play. And new England only dressed 3 CBs. Just doesn't seem right. Something smells fishy about all this. The defensive players I've heard are upset by this decision and now gronk is talking possibly retiring. Is it just talk or is all of this connected in some way

Butler was supposedly late multiple times. Gronk has suffered numerous concussions and that is a huge factor. He has made money and the thought of losing your mind down the road from those hits has to weigh heavy.

I haven't heard that report about Butler yet. Everything just seems strange

I seen one named mentioned that I never consdiered. Adrian Clayborn had 9.5 sacks last year and has never had any injures concerns.

He would fit in the McPhee role if we got him.

Last year he made 5 mil, so he will probably get a contract worth maybe 8-9 a year.

The Falcons are low on cap money, so I dont see them in play to resign him.

I seen one named mentioned that I never consdiered. Adrian Clayborn had 9.5 sacks last year and has never had any injures concerns.

He would fit in the McPhee role if we got him.

Last year he made 5 mil, so he will probably get a contract worth maybe 8-9 a year.

The Falcons are low on cap money, so I dont see them in play to resign him.

He looked unstoppable against the cowboys. 6 out of his 9.5 sacks came in that game. He will also turn 31, so be might be too old unless it is a one year type deal to buy time for more drafts.

He looked unstoppable against the cowboys. 6 out of his 9.5 sacks came in that game. He will also turn 31, so be might be too old unless it is a one year type deal to buy time for more drafts.

I just seen where AC is 29 and will turn 30 in this season, which probably doesnt make that much of a difference. Maybe we give him a 2 year deal with good upfront money to allow for a rookie to grow into his role that we draft.

Another name I notice was Aaron Lynch, played with Fangio as a rookie and had 6 sacks in limited playing time.

6-6 270 could replace McPhee. Upside expectations would only be 8-10 sacks at the most but at 24 has time to grow and replace the aging Willie Young.

I just seen where AC is 29 and will turn 30 in this season, which probably doesnt make that much of a difference. Maybe we give him a 2 year deal with good upfront money to allow for a rookie to grow into his role that we draft.

Another name I notice was Aaron Lynch, played with Fangio as a rookie and had 6 sacks in limited playing time.

6-6 270 could replace McPhee. Upside expectations would only be 8-10 sacks at the most but at 24 has time to grow and replace the aging Willie Young.

I like Aaron Lynch and think he could be a possibility especially since he know's Fangio. Houston, Lynch, Floyd, Acho and a draft pick would be a good start. I trust Fangio will have input on another up and coming pass rusher he sees potential in like Edmunds, Davenport, Armstrong Jr etc.

I like Aaron Lynch and think he could be a possibility especially since he know's Fangio. Houston, Lynch, Floyd, Acho and a draft pick would be a good start. I trust Fangio will have input on another up and coming pass rusher he sees potential in like Edmunds, Davenport, Armstrong Jr etc.

I think your spot on with also resigning C. Jones that can play outside.

Besides lynch, you also have K Ealy-J. Gallette-A Clayborne. One of these will be here.

I think your spot on with also resigning C. Jones that can play outside.

Besides lynch, you also have K Ealy-J. Gallette-A Clayborne. One of these will be here.

Keep reading more and more and keep changing my mind more and more.

So in this FA scheme:

Resign Fuller

Resign Callahan

Resign Meredith

Resign C. Jones

Resign S. Acho total cap space 20 mil

Cut M Cooper (save 4.5 mil)

Cut J. Sitton ( save 7.9)

Cut P. McPhee (save 7 mil)

Cut M. Wheaton (save 5 mil)

Cut W. Young (save 4.5)

Cut J. Freeman( save 3.4)

Restructure D. Sims contract (save 3 mil) blocking TE with better upside with new scheme

Restructure Q. Demps (save 2 mil) vet backup

Save 37.5 million

In FA we acquire:

M. Lee/WR 6 mil

R. Cobb/WR 7 mil R. Cobb gets cut from GB being due 12.5 this year- plays the slot

Z Fulton/OC 6 mil Fulton becomes our full time OC moving Whitehair to LG

S. Richardson 11 mil gives us one of the best DLs in the league

Dee Ford/edge 6 mil had an injury plauged 2017 with only partial 6 games /fresh start

Rasheen Melvin/CB 6 mil a vet to pair with Fuller 6'2" with 3 ints last year.

cost 41 mil

With Meredith- Marques Lee- Randall Cobb we redo our WR corp with a drafted player yet to come

With cut ties with Sitton and go younger with more stabitly for the next several years. Massie has his replacement drafted

Resign Fuller add Melvin and keep Demps for backup role at S. draft pick yet to come

Ford had a 10 sack season 2 years ago and pairs with Floyd to boost the OLB position.

Your turn

Keep reading more and more and keep changing my mind more and more.

So in this FA scheme:

Resign Fuller

Resign Callahan

Resign Meredith

Resign C. Jones

Resign S. Acho total cap space 20 mil

Cut M Cooper (save 4.5 mil)

Cut J. Sitton ( save 7.9)

Cut P. McPhee (save 7 mil)

Cut M. Wheaton (save 5 mil)

Cut W. Young (save 4.5)

Cut J. Freeman( save 3.4)

Restructure D. Sims contract (save 3 mil) blocking TE with better upside with new scheme

Restructure Q. Demps (save 2 mil) vet backup

Save 37.5 million

In FA we acquire:

M. Lee/WR 6 mil

R. Cobb/WR 7 mil R. Cobb gets cut from GB being due 12.5 this year- plays the slot

Z Fulton/OC 6 mil Fulton becomes our full time OC moving Whitehair to LG

S. Richardson 11 mil gives us one of the best DLs in the league

Dee Ford/edge 6 mil had an injury plauged 2017 with only partial 6 games /fresh start

Rasheen Melvin/CB 6 mil a vet to pair with Fuller 6'2" with 3 ints last year.

cost 41 mil

With Meredith- Marques Lee- Randall Cobb we redo our WR corp with a drafted player yet to come

With cut ties with Sitton and go younger with more stabitly for the next several years. Massie has his replacement drafted

Resign Fuller add Melvin and keep Demps for backup role at S. draft pick yet to come

Ford had a 10 sack season 2 years ago and pairs with Floyd to boost the OLB position.

Your turn

I think I saw someone on Twitter said that fuller is unlikely to resign in Chicago. More than likely we will need to franchise him

I think I saw someone on Twitter said that fuller is unlikely to resign in Chicago. More than likely we will need to franchise him

Hell no. The franchise tag requires more money than Fuller and his "only perform during a contract year" is worth.

people are always projecting what they think someone will do, no personal knowledge to substantiate that information.

I heard Brian Urlacker was going to un-retire and come back and play.

Lets see how far that goes

people are always projecting what they think someone will do, no personal knowledge to substantiate that information.

I heard Brian Urlacker was going to un-retire and come back and play.

Lets see how far that goes

There might be some credence as I sit here looking back. Do you remember how he was treated during the 2016 season when not only the fans were all over him but even Fangio called him out. We all loved what Fangio did because it was warranted but to the player that could have seriously pissed them off

• 2 weeks later...
I think it is hard to access what they look for in traits for W rs. I have thought fast or quickness was priority but not sure. I think Wright is in play but they may go for Wilson who played the slot in KC and is more familiar with Nagy and younger. White may ideally fit the profile but who knows what to expect out of him. He may be the surprise and thrive. Otherwise either Inman or Merideth but not both. I would say they bring in 2 FAs and draft one. Does anyone think Tanner Gentry may have more contributions under this regime?

Looks like you were spot on with Wilson. Doesn't mean he'll end up here but being at the combine with everyone talking to everyone there has to be some fire behind this smoke.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...impression=true