What a POS

Connorbear

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0206-story.html

I hope he is never offered another HC job.

Peace :dabears

Yeah awful curious why he backed out. I heard there are several coaches who already signed under the assumption he was going to be there. I hope they can move on to a different spot if they choose to

Colts are looking like horse s*!t now. They lost out on Nagy by not even offering a deal. They passed on David Toub and now they're screwed over by McDaniels. Who would want to coach there now that they have signed some assistant coaches. We have been through some messes, but this would top them all. The Pats and McDaniels are Jack arses for pulling this, but it is on the Colts too

Colts are looking like horse s*!t now. They lost out on Nagy by not even offering a deal. They passed on David Toub and now they're screwed over by McDaniels. Who would want to coach there now that they have signed some assistant coaches. We have been through some messes, but this would top them all. The Pats and McDaniels are Jack arses for pulling this, but it is on the Colts too

The Colts negotiated in good faith, it takes two to dance. I suspect Bellichick announced this was his last year and he gets the NE job. done deal

Nobody will ever hire McDaniels as their HC after this, except of course the Patriots. I've said for years they were a classless organization and now we can add this to their long record. I don't have a problem with them putting McDaniels as HC in waiting but that's a decision that should have been done early enough, or at least they should have let the Colts know up front that this was a possibility. To let it play out like this is really unethical but not surprising knowing the Patriot way.

Perfect example of why I DID NOT WANT him here with the Bears. He's now effectively screwed two different franchises Denver and Indy.

Who's to say he didn't use Indy as leverage for a better deal in NE. Perhaps he knew all along he might end up staying there. If I were the Colts or their fan base I'd be livid. The Patriots organization from top to bottom is full of slimy, cheating, win at all costs people. Pats and their fans wonder why people hate the Patriots so much it's because of crap like this. They literally have no conscience or concern about anyone else. McDaniels fits that mold to a T. I hope he does get the HC Gig in NE and once Brady retires (probably simultaneous to Bilicheat retiring), and when he's the head man I hope they go 0-16 every year he's in charge.

I feel awful for the Colts, yeah it's risky to go ahead and hire assistants before your coach is "officially" installed. But they had an agreement to where they felt confident in hiring guys for his staff even without McDaniels having a contract in hand. I believe he lead them on, even chose who he'd want as his assistants, and made them believe he would sign a contract at the end of his season with NE. Because of this the Colts are up you know what creek without a paddle. It sucks that there's no rules in place to protect teams from a-holes like McDaniels doing what he did. Now they are completely behind the 8-ball and both HC and assistants pool is pretty shallow now. One caveat, too bad it didn't happen to the Packers, that I could live with.

Perfect example of why I DID NOT WANT him here with the Bears. He's now effectively screwed two different franchises Denver and Indy.

Who's to say he didn't use Indy as leverage for a better deal in NE. Perhaps he knew all along he might end up staying there. If I were the Colts or their fan base I'd be livid. The Patriots organization from top to bottom is full of slimy, cheating, win at all costs people. Pats and their fans wonder why people hate the Patriots so much it's because of crap like this. They literally have no conscience or concern about anyone else. McDaniels fits that mold to a T. I hope he does get the HC Gig in NE and once Brady retires (probably simultaneous to Bilicheat retiring), and when he's the head man I hope they go 0-16 every year he's in charge.

I feel awful for the Colts, yeah it's risky to go ahead and hire assistants before your coach is "officially" installed. But they had an agreement to where they felt confident in hiring guys for his staff even without McDaniels having a contract in hand. I believe he lead them on, even chose who he'd want as his assistants, and made them believe he would sign a contract at the end of his season with NE. Because of this the Colts are up you know what creek without a paddle. It sucks that there's no rules in place to protect teams from a-holes like McDaniels doing what he did. Now they are completely behind the 8-ball and both HC and assistants pool is pretty shallow now. One caveat, too bad it didn't happen to the Packers, that I could live with.

Preach brother.

One factor I like about Nagy is he’s not McDaniels. Had the Bears hired that a-hole i would’ve had a hard time staying interested in the Bears for awhile.

I watched the Chris Ballard press conference this morning and came away extremely impressed. He didn't pass blame at all to McDaniels and talked about how adversity happens and that the Colts will come out better on the other side. At the end of the press conference, he did note that the rivalry with NE is back on.

I agree with Bearsfan2000. I am hoping that McDaniels crashes and burns as head coach. He is an absolute tool.

All I'll say and I'll apologize for language is this. Karma is a bitch. Coaches are a very small inclusive group and you can bet your bottom dollar that when he becomes a HC that other coaches will keep this in mind. The HC hires the assistants so him backing out he screwed those same guys he just had a hand in hiring. I really hope those coaches can get out of the contract if they wish to leave and can find a better opportunity. I do feel awful for Indy. I don't buy into the whole pats cheat all the time narrative but when you do shady crap like this it gets harder and harder to ignore that narrative

Belicheck ain't going anywhere as long as Brady is around I believe

You may be right. Im certainly not making predictions. Better men than me have tried to read Belicheck's poker face and failed.

I'm just wonder out loud, conspiracy theories, because it's mid February and that's all there is to do. :)

You may be right. Im certainly not making predictions. Better men than me have tried to read Belicheck's poker face and failed.

I'm just wonder out loud, conspiracy theories, because it's mid February and that's all there is to do. :)

Very true. It's funny listening to former players talk candidly about him. Get the sense that he ain't got many true friends lol.

For what it's worth I found it interesting the McDaniels and Ballard had the same agent. That is until just today when the agent fired McDaniels lol

Very true. It's funny listening to former players talk candidly about him. Get the sense that he ain't got many true friends lol.

For what it's worth I found it interesting the McDaniels and Ballard had the same agent. That is until just today when the agent fired McDaniels lol

His agent did the only thing he could. There is no way he could have stayed with McDaniels. He is toxic.

Yeah, total bush league on McDaniels part. Should never have "agreed in principle" to a deal and then backed out.

Colts and Ballard look really bad. This is the guy you interviewed and thought he was the best guy for the job? Then you announce his hiring prior to a signed contract? That looks pretty horrible.

Pace looks like a beast. He went out and got his QB before anyone else and did the same for his HC. You have to give him credit for going all in. Nagy looks like the real deal and his staff is stacked. Now Pace needs to hit on some free agents and the draft again.

Yeah, total bush league on McDaniels part. Should never have "agreed in principle" to a deal and then backed out.

Colts and Ballard look really bad. This is the guy you interviewed and thought he was the best guy for the job? Then you announce his hiring prior to a signed contract? That looks pretty horrible.

Pace looks like a beast. He went out and got his QB before anyone else and did the same for his HC. You have to give him credit for going all in. Nagy looks like the real deal and his staff is stacked. Now Pace needs to hit on some free agents and the draft again.

Gotta love your optimism... Pace a “beast” you say? Might be a bit early to call him that but if you do..you do.

As Bowling says about karma I’d hope that whomever Indy hires (hear they are looking at Philly’s Reich) ends up with a better overall HC record than does McDaniels. And should McCaniels become the Pats HC, the Colts totally walk away (see humiliates) from them in their games.