Franchise tag

bowlingtwig

According to Greg Rosenthal there's a believe that we will tag fuller. The tag is rumored to be right around $14M

I'm ok with this we've got the cap room and over the course of his career so far he's only had 1 good yr the other 3 yrs we're all injury riddled yrs

Fuller is not worth it. Better to front load a multi year deal. 3 for 33 mill with 12 guaranteed...

He's going to get more than 12 gtd on open market. I'm guessing he's going to closer to 20-25 gtd with a 4 yr deal

I think if we are going to pay that kind of money for a CB , we can upgrade that position. Malcon Butler, Trumaine Johnson. I heard the possiblity that Marcus Peters might be released.

Keep in mind just because we need and Target a CB in free agency didn't mean they will sign. There has been many cases lately where we target someone offer them the most money and they turn is down. Most recently bouye turned us down and took less to go to Jacksonville

Yes of course, there is no guarantee on anything but you have to try.

So be it! We can still try and iron out a deal as well.

Or even tag him again next season. We have the room. But, we do need other areas to fill...

According to Greg Rosenthal there's a believe that we will tag fuller. The tag is rumored to be right around $14M

I'm ok with this we've got the cap room and over the course of his career so far he's only had 1 good yr the other 3 yrs we're all injury riddled yrs

I think if we are going to pay that kind of money for a CB , we can upgrade that position. Malcon Butler, Trumaine Johnson. I heard the possiblity that Marcus Peters might be released.

Agree. Fuller is up and down. He played ok last season, but are we so used to mediocrity we want to reward an ok year? I'd rather we pay for someone that can last.

I'm going to go ahead and say that before they get anything done with Fuller the Bears will sign Amukamara to modest 3 yr deal with most of the guaranteed money coming in year one. The Fuller situation is too chaotic for Pace to predict and if he sits back and waits on that to play out he could lose out on a lot of options. Plus, once you start getting up in the big money there are other CBs like Trumaine Johnson who might be worth spending just a bit more on. I'd be happy with Amukamara and Johnson as our starters with a talented but raw 4th Rd pick on board for the future. Stability in the coaching ranks will help this year in terms of signing FA too.

Absolutely try but I see no real harm in tagging fuller this yr. This way we are gtd to have him on board as opposed to what we are gtd right now which is really bad. It's not like we can't afford to tag him

True. But if we’re looking at this year, why didn’t we keep Josh Sitton for 8 million? He was our best offfensive lineman.

In 4 years, Kyle Fuller’s had 8 interceptions and sat out a year because he wasn’t 100% healthy. Yes, he’s good in run support and had quite a few breakups . . . But there were several games where teams specifically targeted him because they were avoiding Amukamura.

Fourteen million for one year is a ton. And I don’t see how we can trust him long term.

True. But if we’re looking at this year, why didn’t we keep Josh Sitton for 8 million? He was our best offfensive lineman.

In 4 years, Kyle Fuller’s had 8 interceptions and sat out a year because he wasn’t 100% healthy. Yes, he’s good in run support and had quite a few breakups . . . But there were several games where teams specifically targeted him because they were avoiding Amukamura.

Fourteen million for one year is a ton. And I don’t see how we can trust him long term.

1 of the reasons sitton is gone is because he's missed games every yr. Fuller was at least healthy this yr. There's Hope with him being young still. Whereas sitton is on wrong side of 30. Typically those guys don't magically heal

1 of the reasons sitton is gone is because he's missed games every yr. Fuller was at least healthy this yr. There's Hope with him being young still. Whereas sitton is on wrong side of 30. Typically those guys don't magically heal

IMO another reason he's gone is that he just doesn't move very well. He's often grabbing and pulling on defenders but somehow gets away with it. Getting older means that all gets slower and easier for officials to see. If we're going to run a ZBS in this new offense (again) then we need Olinemen who can move well enough to get in position. Some of those blocks are not easy to execute but Sitton IMO was too often behind the DT he was supposed to get in front of.

IMO another reason he's gone is that he just doesn't move very well. He's often grabbing and pulling on defenders but somehow gets away with it. Getting older means that all gets slower and easier for officials to see. If we're going to run a ZBS in this new offense (again) then we need Olinemen who can move well enough to get in position. Some of those blocks are not easy to execute but Sitton IMO was too often behind the DT he was supposed to get in front of.

Damn good point with the scheme. If we cut him because we want someone more mobile, I can buy that.

Agree. Fuller is up and down. He played ok last season, but are we so used to mediocrity we want to reward an ok year? I'd rather we pay for someone that can last.

I’m with you. I can’t help but think of the word ‘fools gold’ when I think of Fuller doing either a multi-year deal or getting Franchised. Of the time he’s been here he’s been equally bad as he’s been good. And the ‘good’ was mediocre at best.

Of the years he’s been here; he’s been ‘good’ for one or two, missed most of the other seasons and had a shitty attitude about playing on the team a few years back. I get why he did better last year and that had to do with his contract year. I’m just concerned if we commit he’ll be good only when it suits him. Is Franchising him the best option? Maybe. But I still don’t like it.

I’m with you. I can’t help but think of the word ‘fools gold’ when I think of Fuller doing either a multi-year deal or getting Franchised. Of the time he’s been here he’s been equally bad as he’s been good. And the ‘good’ was mediocre at best.

Of the years he’s been here; he’s been ‘good’ for one or two, missed most of the other seasons and had a shitty attitude about playing on the team a few years back. I get why he did better last year and that had to do with his contract year. I’m just concerned if we commit he’ll be good only when it suits him. Is Franchising him the best option? Maybe. But I still don’t like it.

I definitely understand the reservations about signing him all. But I'm really concerned with letting him go getting nothing nothing back like with Jeffrey and completely whiffing in free agency once again. Scares me with starting completely over again just as we seemed to finally get somewhere with the secondary

I definitely understand the reservations about signing him all. But I'm really concerned with letting him go getting nothing nothing back like with Jeffrey and completely whiffing in free agency once again. Scares me with starting completely over again just as we seemed to finally get somewhere with the secondary

This is why the Patriots continually trade good players in the last years of their deals. They know theyre gonna lose them to free agency anyway, so thery might as well get another high pick out of it.

This is why the Patriots continually trade good players in the last years of their deals. They know theyre gonna lose them to free agency anyway, so thery might as well get another high pick out of it.

I seen where Rams are probably going to tag Joyner instead of Watkins. So we have a chance at Watkins and Trumaine Johnson which will cost the same as Fuller and I trust more.

So if we can get Watkins and Wilson as our Wrs then grab a Johnson and Melvin for CBs as our new FAs that would be huge.

I seen where Rams are probably going to tag Joyner instead of Watkins. So we have a chance at Watkins and Trumaine Johnson which will cost the same as Fuller and I trust more.

So if we can get Watkins and Wilson as our Wrs then grab a Johnson and Melvin for CBs as our new FAs that would be huge.

Might even be able to snag Robert Quinn to help Floyd.