Cam Meredith

AZ54

At first I thought the original round tender offer Pace put on Meredith was just him being cautious with somewhat unproven WR returning from injury. I now believe his intentions all along were to secure Meredith for a few years on a reasonable contract, perhaps around $5-7mil per year. Meaning he'd like him to sign an offer from another team so he can match it. If he does not, Pace can still offer that kind of a deal for Meredith, perhaps something in the 3 yr range that gets him back to FA when he's still young enough (he's 25 now) to really capitalize on it but also gives him enough now that he's financially secure for life.

Cam offers versatility (x, y, and z) and will likely be our starting slot WR this year. Gabriel has primarily operated on the outside in his career but with these two on the field at the same time, and Robinson on the opposite side, defenses will not be able to focus on the defending the run.

So I was gonna reply "Gabriel plays in the slot" cuz, like, everyone KNOWS he is a slot receiver. And I went to find some kind of link to cite it, and discovered that not only was I wrong, but that the misconception is widely thought to be true.

So in case anyone else missed it like I did...

https://247sports.com/nfl/atlanta-falcons/B...ot-WR-106432377

So I was gonna reply "Gabriel plays in the slot" cuz, like, everyone KNOWS he is a slot receiver. And I went to find some kind of link to cite it, and discovered that not only was I wrong, but that the misconception is widely thought to be true.

So in case anyone else missed it like I did...

https://247sports.com/nfl/atlanta-falcons/B...ot-WR-106432377

Those Twitter comments from Gabriel are hilarious.

At first I thought the original round tender offer Pace put on Meredith was just him being cautious with somewhat unproven WR returning from injury. I now believe his intentions all along were to secure Meredith for a few years on a reasonable contract, perhaps around $5-7mil per year. Meaning he'd like him to sign an offer from another team so he can match it. If he does not, Pace can still offer that kind of a deal for Meredith, perhaps something in the 3 yr range that gets him back to FA when he's still young enough (he's 25 now) to really capitalize on it but also gives him enough now that he's financially secure for life.

Cam offers versatility (x, y, and z) and will likely be our starting slot WR this year. Gabriel has primarily operated on the outside in his career but with these two on the field at the same time, and Robinson on the opposite side, defenses will not be able to focus on the defending the run.

Still surprised that Wright hasn’t been secured. I’d say he proved himself last year at least for a slot position and he doesn’t have much (if any) injury history.

Still surprised that Wright hasn’t been secured. I’d say he proved himself last year at least for a slot position and he doesn’t have much (if any) injury history.

I too and a little surprised looking at last year he was one of the more consistent targets for Trubisky, He along with Inman, and Meredith were the guys I'd have though we'd keep coming into this year. My gut tells me we'll see a similar situation to Kyle Fuller happen with Cam. I'd bet he gets an offer sheet and we match to keep him. Wright and Inman are still up in the air as far as we can tell. Pace might be waiting to see who else we could add that could be upgrades before he makes a final call to either let them walk or makes an offer. After last year there's no reason not to have as many good options at WR as we can going into offseason programs. The x factor could be White if he can stay healthy and earns a spot. Maybe with the additions of Robinson, Gabriel, and Burton they feel like Wright is less of a priority. I'd still keep him around.

It'll virtually be a completely new WR corps...

Having Wright there would seem to make some sense...but I'd rather have Meredith. More upside and youth.

Given who we have signed, I don't see Wright being back. I presume they wanted more youth and speed. Inman is still out there as well (I think). Basically we will have a brand new receiving corps for Trubisky...since Meredith and White didn't even play last year. Outside of Meredith (RFA), White, Robinson, and Gabriel...what other wideouts do we currently have on the roster? Anyone other than bellamy?

I believe the only WR's that were RFA/UFA's that we "tendered" were Bellamy (why???) and Cam. Wright and Inman are still unsigned FA's at this time. Getting younger makes sense to let them go and bring back Meredith, and Bellamy (since I doubt anyone signs him). Wright would be a good vet to have with the group.

I believe the only WR's that were RFA/UFA's that we "tendered" were Bellamy (why???) and Cam. Wright and Inman are still unsigned FA's at this time. Getting younger makes sense to let them go and bring back Meredith, and Bellamy (since I doubt anyone signs him). Wright would be a good vet to have with the group.

With Bellamy I have to believe it's solely about special teams. At least the rest of group has strongly been upgraded so we aren't forced to watching him start

Given who we have signed, I don't see Wright being back. I presume they wanted more youth and speed. Inman is still out there as well (I think). Basically we will have a brand new receiving corps for Trubisky...since Meredith and White didn't even play last year. Outside of Meredith (RFA), White, Robinson, and Gabriel...what other wideouts do we currently have on the roster? Anyone other than bellamy?

Tanner Gentry, McKale McKay and DeMarcus Ayers.