Dez Bryant released

Alaskan Grizzly

39 minutes ago, bowlingtwig said:

I don't know. I go back and forth on this. He's got the talent to be a good part of this rebuild but unfortunately he's got so many off the field issues and anger problems on the field to take a hard pass. I certainly wouldn't want to give him alot of guaranteed money

I have this eerie feeling he’ll end up on either the Patriots or Pats.  

Im with you; his potential talent is almost counterbalanced to his off and on field antics. Not sure what Nagys influence is on players like this.  

He's said to be working on learning how to run routes this offseason.  That's not something you want to hear from a veteran WR.  We already have Kevin White doing the same but with a better attitude.  Then there is the fit among Robinson and Gabriel.  It seems we need someone who can be more slot/outside WR who lines up on the same side as Gabriel, which I expect means someone who is going to run a wide variety of routes, and probably a WR with good quickness in/out of cuts for the slot.  If we didn't have Robinson perhaps Dez would fill a need.  

I'll say we pass with Bryant's deficiencies, attitude, and his price tag as a bad fit for Trubisky in this offense.   It was just last year Dez missed the start of training camp because he threw a party for his home town.  

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article163049643.html

2 hours ago, AZ54 said:

He's said to be working on learning how to run routes this offseason.  That's not something you want to hear from a veteran WR.  We already have Kevin White doing the same but with a better attitude.  Then there is the fit among Robinson and Gabriel.  It seems we need someone who can be more slot/outside WR who lines up on the same side as Gabriel, which I expect means someone who is going to run a wide variety of routes, and probably a WR with good quickness in/out of cuts for the slot.  If we didn't have Robinson perhaps Dez would fill a need.  

I'll say we pass with Bryant's deficiencies, attitude, and his price tag as a bad fit for Trubisky in this offense.   It was just last year Dez missed the start of training camp because he threw a party for his home town.  

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article163049643.html

We only have 1 outside receiver right now so signing him wouldn't offset what we have done so far. I'd much rather not see him here but for me it's all about his attitude both on and off the field. Hell Jerry Jones had to hire a full time babysitter for Dez. That's something I don't ever want to see on this team. By the time you are mid 20s you should know right from wrong and be able to take care of yourself. Most certainly shouldn't need a damn babysitter. Heck I can trust my 10 yr old to be home alone for a couple of hours without having to constantly check up on him

5 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

It all comes down to money. A cheap deal , he would be worth a shot, we dont need another Brandon Marshall type. Its about money,  and bad attitude.

Totally agree.  Given the uncertainty of how well Robinson will come back from his injury, it would be nice to have an insurance policy in the form of Dez.  But not at the sake of a huge contract nor worrying whether he’ll be a pain the ass later on.  

10 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Totally agree.  Given the uncertainty of how well Robinson will come back from his injury, it would be nice to have an insurance policy in the form of Dez.  But not at the sake of a huge contract nor worrying whether he’ll be a pain the ass later on.  

He's been doing it for 10 years or more (going back to his college days).  How could we not think he'd be a pain in the ass when Robinson gets healthy and Dez gets less snaps?  

Our roster is one WR away from being complete. A draftee. He will cost to much for what you get back. Is he better than Bellamy, Gentry, Fowler, and probably White, of course. If they didnt want to pay Merideth 5 mil, they surely arent interesting in paying Dez that.

32 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

Our roster is one WR away from being complete. A draftee. He will cost to much for what you get back. Is he better than Bellamy, Gentry, Fowler, and probably White, of course. If they didnt want to pay Merideth 5 mil, they surely arent interesting in paying Dez that.

"Complete". Dude please tell me what it is your drinking. Because I guarantee I will order whatever it is the next time I'm at my favorite watering hole lol. It's WR Corp that's filled with alot of questions. I'd hardly call that 1 rookie from being complete. You don't go from there worst WR Corp in my 30+ yrs of watching football to being "complete" in a single off-season. Is it improved?  Absolutely without a doubt. Does it have really good potential?  Absolutely again without a doubt. But there is also a ton of risk here as well and we don't really know exactly what we are going to get from really any of them if they are healthy. 

I didnt say we were going to the Super Bowl. We will add one more WR this year. Does that mean it is top 5 in league, I didnt say that. This is what we will got to war with this year. We will have some UDFAs in and maybe one more WR in FA after the draft, but we aint adding much more high end WRs. What you think we're going after Bryant? no way.

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

I didnt say we were going to the Super Bowl. We will add one more WR this year. Does that mean it is top 5 in league, I didnt say that. This is what we will got to war with this year. We will have some UDFAs in and maybe one more WR in FA after the draft, but we aint adding much more high end WRs. What you think we're going after Bryant? no way.

No I don't see us going after him. But obviously your definition of complete and mine are drastically different. At best with our current group and a rook from the middle grounds we might be middle of the pack. Which granted is light years better but still far from where it should be

13 hours ago, bowlingtwig said:

No I don't see us going after him. But obviously your definition of complete and mine are drastically different. At best with our current group and a rook from the middle grounds we might be middle of the pack. Which granted is light years better but still far from where it should be

Agreed to a degree.  I believe we are ultra strong at TE and RB.  There will be around 150 receptions there.  Now, IF Robinson and White prove healthy, we have hit the jackpot.  Also, remember Cohen can play slot as well.  Imagine a 3rd and 5 situation with Howard in the backfield and Gabriel and Cohen in the slot.  Not fun.

back to the OT, I mentioned Bryant in the Meredith thread but, like many pointed out for the money he would likely want, I'm not sure he's worth the headaches or potential chaos he might create in the locker room.  I feel like we have taken major strides in improving the team chemistry since Trestman was fired.  I"d hate to do something to jeopardize that with such a young roster.  I'd be different if we were a veteran team that could handle that better, still not sure I'd want him.