Silver Lining #1

adam

There is a good chance that most of the players that made mistakes in the Philly game won't be on the team next year. Parkey, obviously; Amos, who did have a pick but also had a bad penalty and was burnt on the first Philly TD. I don't know how the team sees Amos, but not signing him like Goldman should've been an indication. Massie, who played ok, but seemed to get beat more times than not. I am ok if he is gone. 

Priority in the off-season needs to be OLine and Secondary. 

2 hours ago, adam said:

There is a good chance that most of the players that made mistakes in the Philly game won't be on the team next year. Parkey, obviously; Amos, who did have a pick but also had a bad penalty and was burnt on the first Philly TD. I don't know how the team sees Amos, but not signing him like Goldman should've been an indication. Massie, who played ok, but seemed to get beat more times than not. I am ok if he is gone. 

Priority in the off-season needs to be OLine and Secondary. 

Amos does not have the same coverage skills Jackson has. He's more of a strong safety.  I think they bring him back is the price is right.  He's at least on the field each week unlike Callahan. 

Peace

58 minutes ago, Connorbear said:

Amos does not have the same coverage skills Jackson has. He's more of a strong safety.  I think they bring him back is the price is right.  He's at least on the field each week unlike Callahan. 

Peace

Yeah can’t help but think the combo of Amos and Jackson is perfect.  Jackson is a true FS in his rangy ball hawking abilities and usually Amos is a true SS that isn’t afraid to anchor the back end and lay wood when appropriate. 

It was a great season.  This was the Bears welcome back to the NFL season thankfully the Bears are built for the future and have a foundation to build on next year.  It's disappointing because this team has raised the bar for what Bears fans expect losing in the first round feels like a gut punch.  The Eagles were simply the better team that day though I feel the Bears are still the better team in general.  This offseason should be interesting to see who we end up keeping, who we end up picking up, and who we get in the draft.  Hopefully Vic stays here that would be a huge loss.  I feel like the Bears are beginning to find their identity and this is a tight knit team that play for each other and care about each other.  Perfect example is after the FG miss they consoled Parkey.  The team has come a long way and I still feel the arrow is pointing up next year and beyond. 

2 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

My silver lining is Trubisky.  He wasn't spectacular, but was a stud when it mattered.  Huge confidence booster for him, all while learning that he must do more sooner to win in the playoffs.  Hopefully he can turn to pain into fuel.

Agreed

Peace

My silver lining is that I have more positive to take away from this season than negatives.  The negatives are pretty obvious. So I'll stick with the positives. 

Trubisky's second year, first full season and one could argue that this is more like a rookie season as 2017 was a partial season in an offense that made John Shoop look creative.  Overall I feel he showed a lot of promise and you could see his progress week to week for the most part.  He's got that it factor the game doesn't seem too big for him and I look forward to seeing how he does with a full offseason going into year 2 of this offense along with the new receivers in A-Rob, Gabriel, Burton, Miller, etc. There were definitely growing pains but in the big moments down the stretch he stepped up and made plays.  That last drive to put us in position was clutch.  Contrast that to the start of the season when we were trying to combat a crazy GB comeback and he looked overwhelmed.  He's grown a lot this year and still has room to grow but his arrow is pointing up.

Naggy for sure coach of the year to do what he did this season both in taking a team from worst to first and winning 12 games in his first year is impressive.  He's created a culture of winning, unity, enthusiasm, and never quit attitude.  This team was beyond dead under Trestman, there was initial excitement under Fox, and they were far more competitive and the locker room had improved, but, Nagy brought a real swagger to this team and an energy and enthusiasm that became contagious.  This is by all accounts the most unified locker room and tight knit team I've seen in a long time.  They would run through a brick wall for Nagy or each other.  That is a winning culture we are creating here.  

Mack's impact on the D will continue, we went from a solid top 10 D to one of if not the best D in the league this season.  They dominated teams and some weeks and won games for us when the pressure was on.  I hope Vic stays but if he doesn't there is a lot of talent on this team that if we get the right coordinator to replace him this thing can keep rolling.  

Pace... what more can I say but thank you.  He's made some mistakes as all GM's do, but he has put his stamp on this team and seeing him come into his own as a GM has been refreshing. He took over an absolute dumpster fire.  Four seasons later we went 12-4 earned the #3 seed in the playoffs (had a chance at the #2 seed) and the future looks bright.  His drafts have gotten better and he has made some brilliant moves in FA (some duds as well - looking at you Parkey).  He's developed his identity as GM.  When he wants something or has strong conviction he goes after it.  The Trubisky trade, the Mack trade, Nagy's hiring, etc.  His gut isn't always right but more often than not it is.  He's transformed the Bears into a young contending team that is built for the long term.  It's a good time to be a Bears fan.  In past years after a loss like we had this past Sunday I'd still be devastated because my Bears typically underwhelm and once in a while have a surprise season so when you do get a bite at the apple it feels like it's all or nothing like we caught lightning in a bottle.  I can move on from the Eagles loss because I believe we will be back stronger next year.  

Silver Lining: Eddie Jackson. He turned into a guy who might finally be our replacement for Mike Brown.

Also, I just don't see Trubisky as a silver lining. He was literally middle of the road in every measurable passing category this year. He should have made more progression.