Bears @ Packers - Week 12 - Official SNF Game Thread - 11/29, Bears +8.5, 7:20 PM CT, NBC

adam

5-5 Bears at 7-3 Packers. 

The Packers just lost to Indy while the Bears won the bye week. I don't have a good feeling about this one. The offense is beyond repair. I expect it to be a 2-3 score deficit, Packers 31-17. The defense has to defend against too many short fields and Skrine gets exposed time and time again. Rinse and repeat. 

23 minutes ago, adam said:

5-5 Bears at 7-3 Packers. 

The Packers just lost to Indy while the Bears won the bye week. I don't have a good feeling about this one. The offense is beyond repair. I expect it to be a 2-3 score deficit, Packers 31-17. The defense has to defend against too many short fields and Skrine gets exposed time and time again. Rinse and repeat. 

The Packers weakness is our weakness.  They can't stop the run and we can't run.  

Our hope is Trubisky igniting the run game.  They averaged 144 YPG in the games he started this year.  Plus the Colts physically beat up the Packers, so they may be a little slow out of the gate.  Add that we had a bye to get a little fresher and develop a game plan.(hopefully not the Wile E Coyote kind)

We have a chance.  It's Packer week!  Bear down!!!!

Two last thoughts on this game and both involve defense.

First, Pagano has to unleash many more blitz packages this week.  He tends to be very patient and judicious with them.  Time to send Roquan and Skrine.  They have been very effective in the past.

Lastly, never let them line up Adams on Skrine.  He has been getting slaughtered on the out fade and the out fade go.  Rodgers happens to be the best ever at those throws.  I'll be looking at that during the game to see if a safety cheats a little to help.

Again I'm with Mongo on this (although last week that didn't work out so well).  Anyhow...if Trubisky plays my only real issue with him will be his shoulder.  I don't expect too much from him without the injury but knowing this is his second injury ... on his throwing shoulder... causes me concern.  Obviously the Pack will know this too and regardless if its Trubisky or Foles in the backfield, Pettine will be pushing pressure all night long.  I'm hoping the o-line is up to the challenge.  

I'll say it once and I'll say it again, if the Bears are able to corral Rodgers (with the D) they can win.  Bucs did it a few weeks ago, the Vikings a week later and then Indy last week.  The key to this win is the D putting pressure on Rodgers often. I agree that Pagano will need to come out of his comfort zone and not just send Mack and Quinn off the edges but deploy Smith nearly every down.  Now that Danny T is playing a little better I'd just tell Smith to spy Rodgers the whole game and if he stays in the pocket, go get him.  

23 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Again I'm with Mongo on this (although last week that didn't work out so well).  Anyhow...if Trubisky plays my only real issue with him will be his shoulder.  I don't expect too much from him without the injury but knowing this is his second injury ... on his throwing shoulder... causes me concern.  Obviously the Pack will know this too and regardless if its Trubisky or Foles in the backfield, Pettine will be pushing pressure all night long.  I'm hoping the o-line is up to the challenge.  

I'll say it once and I'll say it again, if the Bears are able to corral Rodgers (with the D) they can win.  Bucs did it a few weeks ago, the Vikings a week later and then Indy last week.  The key to this win is the D putting pressure on Rodgers often. I agree that Pagano will need to come out of his comfort zone and not just send Mack and Quinn off the edges but deploy Smith nearly every down.  Now that Danny T is playing a little better I'd just tell Smith to spy Rodgers the whole game and if he stays in the pocket, go get him.  

This would be a really good game for Quinn to show up. I still fear they will just slide Adams to the slot and abuse Skrine all game. Adams is the only guy I worry about. Without him, the entire offense is mediocre at best. However, on offense, we are just terrible at pretty much everything and GB has a decent defense similar to CAR. If we get into a shootout, we lose. This will have to be a black and blue division slugfest for us to have a chance.

Weather should be fun, 33 degrees with 10 mph winds. 

So who’s the backup to Skrine if he’s unable to go?  Shelly or Vildor?  I think I’d prefer to see what Vildor could do if I had to choose between the two. 

10 hours ago, Bill said:Also saw Coward and Skrine are questionable.  Not that I want anyone hurting but one can hope they need more time off.  Hard for me to believe anyone else could be worse that is a profession.

And as my final post of the season.  Won't be able to see anymore games.  After the last four years of getting my heart ripped out every year at some point one has to say enough.  T. Bray as the back up?  How can any coaching staff except this?  He knows the offense?   Really, how does this pass as competent on any level?    How do they get in front of any camera and spew the same old pablum?

I'm with out hope for the first time in 50+ years!

12 hours ago, Bill said:

And as my final post of the season.  Won't be able to see anymore games.  After the last four years of getting my heart ripped out every year at some point one has to say enough.  T. Bray as the back up?  How can any coaching staff except this?  He knows the offense?   Really, how does this pass as competent on any level?    How do they get in front of any camera and spew the same old pablum?

I'm with out hope for the first time in 50+ years!

Backup QB us the least of my worries. On offense, obviously O-Line and the starting QB, and on defense Skrine, Quinn, and the Safeties being in position to make some plays which hasn't been there all year.

2 hours ago, adam said:

Backup QB us the least of my worries. On offense, obviously O-Line and the starting QB, and on defense Skrine, Quinn, and the Safeties being in position to make some plays which hasn't been there all year.

I would love for the defense to just blitz balls out this game.  I don't care if it gets us blown out.  The thought of another game where Rodgers puts a dagger in us in the 4th quarter is just intolerable.  I'd rather give him a beating all day.

2 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

Floyd can eat a bag of dicks

I second the bag of dicks,lol.

BTW, Mike Freaking Glennon has the 1-9 Jaguars in the lead against the Browns in the 3rd Quarter with 2 TDs and is on pace for a 300-yd passing game w/o Chark. 

So after how bad the Bears have played in the last month, with the Cards loss this week against NE, the Bears could slide back into the playoff picture as the #7 seed with a win tonight AND would then be only one game back in the Division w/ the tie breaker against GB AND only a half game back from TB as the #6 seed w/ the tie breaker as well. 

27 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

I would wish a victory today but my trust factor is lacking. Even if the defense plays well, hard to see the offense contributing.

Oh, I agree. A win would be shocking, in GB in prime time.

I just feel bad for Trubisky. After how bad Foles played for so many weeks, he probably should've been starting again a few weeks ago, but then got hurt. So now he gets his chance in the most pivotal game of the season.

A win and the playoffs are a reality at 6-5 and the division is still in reach (w/ tie breaker), and a loss and the season is over. With a loss, they would be a game away from a top 7 pick at 5-6 (7 teams have 4 wins).