Bears getting hammered in Media

OmahaBear

yes, the time to fire these guys has long passed. And it can't stop at Pace, it has to include McCaskey/Phillips. He's (they're?) the one that put us into this situation by hiring and then not firing these bozos.

11 minutes ago, BearFan NYC said:

yes, the time to fire these guys has long passed. And it can't stop at Pace, it has to include McCaskey/Phillips. He's (they're?) the one that put us into this situation by hiring and then not firing these bozos.

You know you don't fire the owner. You can hope that they sell but that's about it. 

Peace

17 minutes ago, Connorbear said:

You know you don't fire the owner. You can hope that they sell but that's about it. 

Peace

Of course, what Im saying is the Bears are owned by a lot of people and none of them have the input that he does, and I'm just suggesting that he not make football decisions, to be fired from that. They should get a football person to be the president of at least football operations. If the McCaskeys still want their hand in ticket sales, and other business decisions, that's fine.

Someone else should be deciding on GM hires (and fires), how many future picks they should be allowed to trade etc etc someone that would have pulled the plug on this earlier, and made a better choice in the first place.

Now I know making that choice is risky and not easy, so I understand when even people like Ernie Accorsi whiff on it, but once the results are in, you've got to be able to pull the plug.

For example, we are sitting here wondering whether to do something big to get a QB int he draft, and WHICH QB - a decision that will resonate through this franchise for years, and you're putting it in the hands of the guys who screwed it up last time, and still havent recovered from that fiasco, and who will likely be gone after this year anyway. THAT is McCaskey's fault and it is as bad as any decision he could realistically make.

Once MT didnt work out,  just trying to find a different solution is tough. The top 10 QB trade scenarios was never going to happen. I would say trying to sign Winston was something they should have did last year, he is in a better situation staying where he is at. You could try retreads like Mariota or Darnold but that wont happen until the draft which may be better choices but we will never know now. They needed to try something and this was the only thing on the table. Which is more important right now is just to have a good draft and hope to build a better roster going forward. 

I just picked a random mock off of CBS sports site 

1st   T Jenkins/OT     Strong-nasty attitude- very consistent- large

2nd   K Trask/QB         Have to take a shot on a very productive college player. 

3rd    Nico Collins/WR  Similar player to AROB 

5th    Alaric Jackson/ OT Iowa tackle not rated high but they also seem to be players.

50 minutes ago, BearFan NYC said:

Of course, what Im saying is the Bears are owned by a lot of people and none of them have the input that he does, and I'm just suggesting that he not make football decisions, to be fired from that. They should get a football person to be the president of at least football operations. If the McCaskeys still want their hand in ticket sales, and other business decisions, that's fine.

Someone else should be deciding on GM hires (and fires), how many future picks they should be allowed to trade etc etc someone that would have pulled the plug on this earlier, and made a better choice in the first place.

Now I know making that choice is risky and not easy, so I understand when even people like Ernie Accorsi whiff on it, but once the results are in, you've got to be able to pull the plug.

For example, we are sitting here wondering whether to do something big to get a QB int he draft, and WHICH QB - a decision that will resonate through this franchise for years, and you're putting it in the hands of the guys who screwed it up last time, and still havent recovered from that fiasco, and who will likely be gone after this year anyway. THAT is McCaskey's fault and it is as bad as any decision he could realistically make.

I agree they need to hire a president of football operations. I say that every time someone says Ted Phillips was consulted on X football decision. Phillips has made them a ton of money but he shouldn't be involved in any football decision. 

Peace

22 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

Once MT didnt work out,  just trying to find a different solution is tough. The top 10 QB trade scenarios was never going to happen. I would say trying to sign Winston was something they should have did last year, he is in a better situation staying where he is at. You could try retreads like Mariota or Darnold but that wont happen until the draft which may be better choices but we will never know now. They needed to try something and this was the only thing on the table. Which is more important right now is just to have a good draft and hope to build a better roster going forward. 

I just picked a random mock off of CBS sports site 

1st   T Jenkins/OT     Strong-nasty attitude- very consistent- large

2nd   K Trask/QB         Have to take a shot on a very productive college player. 

3rd    Nico Collins/WR  Similar player to AROB 

5th    Alaric Jackson/ OT Iowa tackle not rated high but they also seem to be players.

For sure, and if this is your plan, then signing Dalton for only one year at a low starter's money makes sense. I think one way or another, they are drafting a QB int he first two picks, and this is definitely one of the scenarios. Getting that big OT is a huge need too.

4 minutes ago, Connorbear said:

I agree they need to hire a president of football operations. I say that every time someone says Ted Phillips was consulted on X football decision. Phillips has made them a ton of money but he shouldn't be involved in any football decision. 

Peace

Ive said it before, but it bears repeating. After 1985, the architect of that team, Jim Finks, left to become the GM of the New Orleans Saints. For 20 YEARS thereafter, people like McCaskey ran the Bears like a toy WITHOUT A GM. We were the only team in pro sports that didnt have one, and we didnt have one for 20 years. Do you remember all the draft choices we made that turned into busts? You can thank McCaskey for that.

It is incredible. I love this team, I really want them to be good. I can't believe how much Mike McCaskey has ruined us for 35 years.

19 minutes ago, BearFan NYC said:

Ive said it before, but it bears repeating. After 1985, the architect of that team, Jim Finks, left to become the GM of the New Orleans Saints. For 20 YEARS thereafter, people like McCaskey ran the Bears like a toy WITHOUT A GM. We were the only team in pro sports that didnt have one, and we didnt have one for 20 years. Do you remember all the draft choices we made that turned into busts? You can thank McCaskey for that.

It is incredible. I love this team, I really want them to be good. I can't believe how much Mike McCaskey has ruined us for 35 years.

Mikey hasn't been the problem for the past 20 years or so (since the Dave McGinnis fiasco). Ted and George have been leading the parade since then. The Bears Board of Directors needs to initiate the change. 

Peace

1 hour ago, Connorbear said:

Mikey hasn't been the problem for the past 20 years or so (since the Dave McGinnis fiasco). Ted and George have been leading the parade since then. The Bears Board of Directors needs to initiate the change. 

Peace

Thanks for that Connor, I dont actually know who it is other than Ted Phillips who is doing it, but wheoever's choice it was to keep Pace and Nagy this year should no longer have those duties. :) I know about Phillips, but I didnt know that George had replaced Mike.

OK just googled. Yes George. I always thought that guy's name was Mike and it was thre same guy. But that guy, the one with the moustache, he should not be making the decisions.

5 hours ago, OmahaBear said:

Media is just hammering the Bears over the Dalton deal..  Even out local radio guy here in Nebraska is disheartened.  It's just a sad time to be a Bears fan.  ugh.

Yeah I can see why.  This is allegedly what they were willing to do to get Wilson.  And instead signed Dalton.  Talk  about a major whiff. Desperation much? 

Sorry, I'm tired of giving up 1st rounders for anyone but Sid Luckman at this point. Man, I could choose and whiff on these guys as any times as Pace.  But, then, I ain't in charge,  and I'm never gonna be. So, just gonna say CRAP.

As much as I don't care for Dalton, what were they supposed to do?  What high end expectations did we have?  I heard they tried everything they could to get Russell Wilson.  Seattle wouldn't talk.  My only complaint is that it's not a clear upgrade over Trubisky.  Lasor may have something to do with this, in that he's had close workings with Mitch and Andy.

21 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

As much as I don't care for Dalton, what were they supposed to do?  What high end expectations did we have?  I heard they tried everything they could to get Russell Wilson.  Seattle wouldn't talk.  My only complaint is that it's not a clear upgrade over Trubisky.  Lasor may have something to do with this, in that he's had close workings with Mitch and Andy.

totally agree. I am not mad at them for not landing Wilson, in fact I might have thought they gave up too much to save their own butts. But Seattle made that easy for them and us by saying no and avoiding the whole issue.

I think they will probably draft a QB in one of the first two rounds of the draft, and I hope they make a good choice.

4 minutes ago, ParkerBear7 said:

Why cut when they could trade Fuller?Bears front office is delirious!

Because other teams know the Bears are up against the cap and may have to release him anyway. The problem is a cut does not get compensatory compensation, so could lose Fuller for nothing. If that happens, I'm not watching another game until Pace is gone. 

Ok, the only new Bears player is Andy freakin Dalton?

1. Tag: Robinson

2. Re-sign: Ifedi, Edwards, Bush, Santos, and O'Donnell

3. Sign: Dalton

That's our offseason so far. 

Compare to the bottom dweller Lions:

1. Trade: Goff, Brockers

2. Re-sign: Okwara

3. Sign: Jamaal Williams, Tyrell Williams, Josh Hill