Trubisky gone

Alaskan Grizzly

If given the opportunity to play in Buffalo I suspect Mitch will succeed.  The talk of OC Daboll is nothing but good.  He runs a very similar style offense that Andy Reid does.  I've heard comments that Daboll has cobbled together a little bit of everything he's learned in his years of coaching, to include his time as OC for Alabama in 2017 to come up with what they're doing with Josh Allen at QB. Once they added Diggs their offense took off.  They ranked #2 overall in total yards,  #3 in passing yards and #2 is points scored.  

The fact that Trubisky only got $2.5M and only $1.5M guaranteed should tell you how much he is valued in the league. To put that contract into perspective, it is the 63rd highest QB contract in total value currently, which doesn't account for any new contracts or rookie contracts, which will push him into the 70s, which is QB3 and PS range. That is absolutely ridiculous. Here are some names who got bigger contracts than Trubisky:

BiNucci, Luton, Fromm, Grier, Stick, McSorley, Stidham, Finley, Morgan. 

1 hour ago, adam said:

The fact that Trubisky only got $2.5M and only $1.5M guaranteed should tell you how much he is valued in the league. To put that contract into perspective, it is the 63rd highest QB contract in total value currently, which doesn't account for any new contracts or rookie contracts, which will push him into the 70s, which is QB3 and PS range. That is absolutely ridiculous. Here are some names who got bigger contracts than Trubisky:

BiNucci, Luton, Fromm, Grier, Stick, McSorley, Stidham, Finley, Morgan. 

exactly. Mitch does not have what it takes to be an NFL QB.

He seems to be a really nice guy, likeable, humble, hard working. He's married now, still in his 20s, and a multimillionaire - all because the NFL is so desperate for QBs, that they'll make a millionaire out of a kid who only started a few games in college and never had production. Good for Mitch! I wish him well in his future life.

I also wish I could get $1.5M for failing at my job as poorly as he failed at his. But that isnt his fault, it's Pace's. If I was foolishly chosen to QB the Bears by Pace I'd have been much musch much worse than Trubisky. And that's not my fault either. I am not an athlete. It's the GMs fault for drafting him.

35 minutes ago, BearFan NYC said:

He seems to be a really nice guy, likeable, humble, hard working. He's married now, still in his 20s, and a multimillionaire - all because the NFL is so desperate for QBs, that they'll make a millionaire out of a kid who only started a few games in college and never had production. Good for Mitch! I wish him well in his future life.

I also wish I could get $1.5M for failing at my job as poorly as he failed at his. But that isnt his fault, it's Pace's. If I was foolishly chosen to QB the Bears by Pace I'd have been much musch much worse than Trubisky. And that's not my fault either. I am not an athlete. It's the GMs fault for drafting him.

Yeah, you can't fault the guy for taking millions if someone is willing to give them to you. He seems like a good kid, but the deer in the headlights look told me everything I needed to know about his ability to quickly process things in a split second. They should add some type of test like that instead of the wonderlic as I think it would yield more useful results. Tailor each test to various positions, almost like the personality tests. 

53 minutes ago, BearFan NYC said:

Mitch will be in the league for 10+ years as a fringe starter, backup. He's not a bad QB. He's just not the outstanding QB we wanted him to be. 

The amount of 1st round QBs that fail miserably in the NFL is staggering. Just go back to 1998 where the Bears picked McNown 12th. Couch, Smith, McNabb and Culpepper were all drafted in front of him. Couch and Smith were complete busts so that's 3 of the 5 taken in the 1st that completely busted. It happens all the time but you have to continue drafting QBs until you find one. This is where Pace has failed after saying he would draft one every year. 

Peace

10 minutes ago, adam said:

Yeah, you can't fault the guy for taking millions if someone is willing to give them to you. He seems like a good kid, but the deer in the headlights look told me everything I needed to know about his ability to quickly process things in a split second. They should add some type of test like that instead of the wonderlic as I think it would yield more useful results. Tailor each test to various positions, almost like the personality tests. 

Im thinking some teams are able to read this and others arent. Some watch how you are under pressure, while others are charmed when you meet them for dinner.

I think what it really comes down to is whether you look for a player with production, or someone with traits that you think you can coach up. And this goes along with my theory that Pace and Nagy think they are the smartest guys in the room, and their ego allows them to think things are possible because of their input, that just arent possible.

The way Nagy turned a multidimensional NFL offense into a paint by the numbers made me think that Nagy doesnt really understand what it is to be, or even really want to be, the head coach. He wants to be the QB and call the plays. He thought he could move Mitch from the sidelines like a puppet, like a video game with Xs and Os. In fact, this league is about players, and thats where Pace and Nagy have missed.

3 minutes ago, Connorbear said:

Mitch will be in the league for 10+ years as a fringe starter, backup. He's not a bad QB. He's just not the outstanding QB we wanted him to be. 

The amount of 1st round QBs that fail miserably in the NFL is staggering. Just go back to 1998 where the Bears picked McNown 12th. Couch, Smith, McNabb and Culpepper were all drafted in front of him. Couch and Smith were complete busts so that's 3 of the 5 taken in the 1st that completely busted. It happens all the time but you have to continue drafting QBs until you find one. This is where Pace has failed after saying he would draft one every year. 

Peace

agree, even the best GMs only hit on a real QB 50% of the time int he top ten draft picks.

51 minutes ago, Connorbear said:

Peace

Tim Boyle signed for as much as Trubisky. Either Trubisky has a terrible agent or the league views him at the same level as Tim Boyle. Tim Boyle is not a fringe starter. A QB taking $2.5M is an easy cut. I just find it very odd that Trubisky couldn't get a better deal to be a true backup. Anything less than $5M is not a backup contract. The Bills already have Jake Fromm and Davis Webb, so Trubisky is literally competing to run the Scout team. 

Trubisky will be the backup to Allen.  Trubisky was targeted because athletically he is similar to Allen.  Trubisky doesn't want a long term deal just yet because he still would like a shot to become a starter. Now if Trubisky has a chance in Buffalo to start a series of games due to injury and looks great in the new atmosphere, he is now a FA with the keys.

1 hour ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Trubisky will be the backup to Allen.  Trubisky was targeted because athletically he is similar to Allen.  Trubisky doesn't want a long term deal just yet because he still would like a shot to become a starter. Now if Trubisky has a chance in Buffalo to start a series of games due to injury and looks great in the new atmosphere, he is now a FA with the keys.

Not for $2.5M. 

3 minutes ago, adam said:

Not for $2.5M. 

If Trubisky doesn't get on the field or wow the coaching staff it's hard to believe he gets anything better in the coming years.Your correct in saying that's not even back=up money.  I bet Glennon got more.

18 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

I hope he continues the develop and do well, probably be a long time backup, which is worth 10 mil in these days. Not a bad job

Apparently only $2.5M with $1.5 guaranteed. UDFA QBs and PS QBs sign for that amount. If I am Trubisky, I am firing my agent.

2 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Actually this year is probably an anomaly because of the drop in cap space. The best anyone should do is a one year contract to go back next year with more money available.

I am sure that has something to do with it, but Trubisky signed for the same price as Tim Boyle, half of what Brissett signed form and $10M less than Taysom Hill. Trubisky has more starts than all of them combined. Just feels odd to me. Also, there are still some teams with bad QBs and a lot of cap space, you would think one would've taken a flyer on Trubisky for more than $2.5M (Jags, Broncos, or Jets). 

1 hour ago, adam said:

I am sure that has something to do with it, but Trubisky signed for the same price as Tim Boyle, half of what Brissett signed form and $10M less than Taysom Hill. Trubisky has more starts than all of them combined. Just feels odd to me. Also, there are still some teams with bad QBs and a lot of cap space, you would think one would've taken a flyer on Trubisky for more than $2.5M (Jags, Broncos, or Jets). 

I think they all see he cant read a defense.