Prediction Alert 🚨 📢...

Mongo3451

We all know how dumb Ted Phillips is when it comes to running a football team, so we know the odds are against the firing of Matt Nagy and Ryan Pace during the season.

Here's the prediction:  Ryan Pace starts the job saving process, because he knows he can't get a gig anywhere else, by talking to Teddy today.  After talking to Teddy, he heads to the family and grows a set of nuts to save his job.  While talking to momma and George, they make the decision to fire Nagy Monday morning after a home loss to the putrid Lions.  

I hate to think of Pace being with the team next year, as I am fully on record against his negligence.  But, if you look at it honestly, wouldn't you do this to preserve your job if you were Pace?  The only scenario I can think of, where l this doesn't play, is if they were already tied Pace and Nagy together in the off season.  Thoughts?

5 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

We all know how dumb Ted Phillips is when it comes to running a football team, so we know the odds are against the firing of Matt Nagy and Ryan Pace during the season.

Here's the prediction:  Ryan Pace starts the job saving process, because he knows he can't get a gig anywhere else, by talking to Teddy today.  After talking to Teddy, he heads to the family and grows a set of nuts to save his job.  While talking to momma and George, they make the decision to fire Nagy Monday morning after a home loss to the putrid Lions.  

I hate to think of Pace being with the team next year, as I am fully on record against his negligence.  But, if you look at it honestly, wouldn't you do this to preserve your job if you were Pace?  The only scenario I can think of, where l this doesn't play, is if they were already tied Pace and Nagy together in the off season.  Thoughts?

That's the thing. The organization kept both of their contracts "secret", which is really odd. However, after that game if you can't see that Nagy is problems 1a, 1b, and 1c, then I don't know what to tell you. You could've just told Fields to go out there, hike the ball on 3, and just make a play, and the results would've been better. That was the worst offensive display I watched live in my lifetime. 

That is after watching this one:

https://chicago.suntimes.com/bears/2019/11/3/20946611/bears-eagles-mitch-trubisky-matt-nagy-new-low-9-yards-offense-halftime-tarik-cohen-quarterback

The common denominator is Matt freaking Nagy. The offensive mastermind has orchestrated two of the worst offensive performances in franchise history within the last 2 years.

2 minutes ago, adam said:

The common denominator is Matt freaking Nagy. The offensive mastermind has orchestrated two of the worst offensive performances in franchise history within the last 2 years.

Here's the rub and where Nagy has already hanged himself.  He said, "trust us, we have a plan for Justin and he will play when he's ready."  So here we are.  Was he ready?  Was he ready for that?  Is there any positive way to even call that a learning experience?  No way in hell.  If that was the gameplan Foles should have been QB1.

1 hour ago, Mongo3451 said:

Here's the rub and where Nagy has already hanged himself.  He said, "trust us, we have a plan for Justin and he will play when he's ready."  So here we are.  Was he ready?  Was he ready for that?  Is there any positive way to even call that a learning experience?  No way in hell.  If that was the gameplan Foles should have been QB1.

Fields got zero time with the 1's the entire offseason. How would he know "he is ready" for anything? Then the first two weeks of the season, you have him run scout team. 

Then with a week of prep, Nagy did nothing with the game plan to highlight Fields abilities.

Nagy is literally an idiot, and that is probably offensive to idiots. He has no clue what he is doing and does not belong in the NFL. He road Fangio's defense that forced 36 takeways in 2018 then was able to mask it by putting the blame elsewhere while the team underachieved in 2019 and 2020. 

Now what is the excuse? Does he know the "why"?

6 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

To help Nagy’s case. And to raise our collective anxiety.  He’s being cagey (aka clever) about who will start against Detroit.  

He thinks he's fooling somebody. It doesn't matter who is QB he runs the same plays every game.

2 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

To help Nagy’s case. And to raise our collective anxiety.  He’s being cagey (aka clever) about who will start against Detroit.  

Cagey?  Hes a fool and has no idea who should start.  The have a plan.  149 days they have been working the PLAN and this is what we got.  A QB who played zero reps in a game or most practices with the ones until the last week.  A scheme and play calling that would of gotten all three killed.  But maybe his real plan was to just keep Fields on the sidelines so he could hold off getting fired for another two years.  His wild card in the hole.   He's ruined one first round QB he does not deserve the chance to even try with another.

On 9/27/2021 at 8:16 AM, Mongo3451 said:

I don't think Ted runs the team operations.  He is more focused on the business side of things these days and I don't think he's that bad in that role.  After getting agreement on the new property in Arlington there's no way he's going anywhere.  He got this far in that deal and this is absolutely critical the future of the team.  They will let him close the business deal and begin working with architects on designing the new complex.  Plus he's been dealing with Chicago politicians for a long time too and he's likely in the best space to get out of the existing Soldier Field deal better than bringing in some outsider.  

3 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

Pace has to answer to someone.  I also liked Ted on the money role, but he should be CFO, not team president.

Among the owners I think that's George these days.  At least he puts forth effort to stay in tune with the fans and I think he sits in on the end of year reviews of Pace.