Week 7 Official Game Thread - CHI @ TB , +12.5, O/U 47, SUN 10/24, 3:25PM CT - CBS

adam

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, adam said:

This game feels off, like the players don't want to be there. Terrible punt coverage leads to easy TD. Both the offense and defense have done nothing. 

Half the players are just going thru the motions. Nagy has clearly lost this team. 

Embarrassing. 

The offense is completely neutered. Did John Shoop possess Nagy when we weren't looking? Does anyone involved with play-calling realize we can max protect with a TE & a RB and run a few deeper routes or double moves? Do the genius coaches understand that RPO-type fakes aren't really that effective, and actual, old-school bootleg stuff is what will get Fields in the open and on the outside? 

Nobody can ever convince me these dudes know how to actually call an offensive gameplan. They may know how to talk X's and O's, and do gee-whiz BS on a whiteboard, but they don't know how to utilize the team strengths/weaknesses and adjust as the game progresses.

Honestly, after witnessing this one, I don’t know that there’s any reason to want to watch another game this season. The gap between this team and the elite is too great and the leadership , from McCaskey through Nagy has simply treaded water for four years. Fields isn’t going to learn shit from Nagy, this defense has gaping holes. Sorry just really frustrated and I’m tired of devoting Sunday after Sunday rooting for this team only to have the McCaskeys try to feed me shit sandwiches. 

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

Honestly, after witnessing this one, I don’t know that there’s any reason to want to watch another game this season. The gap between this team and the elite is too great and the leadership , from McCaskey through Nagy has simply treaded water for four years. Fields isn’t going to learn shit from Nagy, this defense has gaping holes. Sorry just really frustrated and I’m tired of devoting Sunday after Sunday rooting for this team only to have the McCaskeys try to feed me shit sandwiches. 

I killed the thread 😬

Nagy needs to be fired. There is nothing left to do. If you think he hasn't lost this team, I don't know what game you were watching. There was zero anything. The defense made a few nice stops, but those were from one or two guys every time (Smith and DHC). The majority of the team is done. ARob is jogging routes, like all of them. He is never open. Mooney had two balls hit his hands and one went for an INT. You might as well call up Adams. The O-Line needs help. Why in the God's name would you start Simmons and not have someone helping on his side against JPP? 

This was against TB's 2nd and 3rd string CBs and our WR's could not get open. Embarrasing. 

The defense gets sort of a pass, but even with short fields, you can't give up 5 TDs in a half. Nichols punching a dude? Jackson a no-show again. I saw more out of DHC back there than Jackson, who now has went 23 games without an INT, 26 games without a sack, 2 TFL in last 26 games, and 0 PDs this season. DHC had a PD and I thought Christian did too.

The lack of coverage on the first punt - coaching

When your running game is on FIRE and you still cant put up more than 3 points. - coaching

When they are blitzing your young QB hard and rather than leaving in TEs to protect him, you ask him to find hot reads among 5 players? - coaching

When some leaves in some TEs for a couple plays and suddenly the passing game looks good, but then you never go back to it again - coaching

When the defense quits and wont sell out their body because the offense cant score points or hold the ball - coaching.

When ANOTHER of your players takes a swing at an opposing player AGAIN - coaching.

Show me one thing Nagy does that helps this team. Tell me why he would be better than a bar of soap.

Pace doesnt have the guts to shoot his babies when they go bad. And that's the essence of his job. So he goes down with the ship. Fine. His choice. He will be remembered as nice and loyal. There will be no Super Bowls for him. He had no business being GM if he couldnt do the hard work of handling or firing Nagy. He was a pussy. Didnt want people to be mad at him. Fine. Then you get fired. Unless the next level up has the same problem...

Grrr.

If they won't fire Nagy in season, then he needs to fire Mike Furrey. The WR group might be the 2nd or 3rd worst unit on the team, and that is saying ALOT. ARob just had 2 receptions for 16 yards. Daniel Jones, the QB for NYG had a reception for 16 yards. ARob is out there trotting around, reminds me of Jackson. Mooney is dropping passes, and Goodwin and Byrd are non-existent. Outside of OL and Safety, this is the most underachieving group. 

10 minutes ago, adam said:

Nagy needs to be fired. There is nothing left to do. If you think he hasn't lost this team, I don't know what game you were watching. There was zero anything. The defense made a few nice stops, but those were from one or two guys every time (Smith and DHC). The majority of the team is done. ARob is jogging routes, like all of them. He is never open. Mooney had two balls hit his hands and one went for an INT. You might as well call up Adams. The O-Line needs help. Why in the God's name would you start Simmons and not have someone helping on his side against JPP? 

This was against TB's 2nd and 3rd string CBs and our WR's could not get open. Embarrasing. 

The defense gets sort of a pass, but even with short fields, you can't give up 5 TDs in a half. Nichols punching a dude? Jackson a no-show again. I saw more out of DHC back there than Jackson, who now has went 23 games without an INT, 26 games without a sack, 2 TFL in last 26 games, and 0 PDs this season. DHC had a PD and I thought Christian did too.

This season was lost before training camp started.  They had no plan for the OF line  except for a couple of rookie tackles.  The  DF backfield was just as poorly planned.  Add a head coach that I still have not seen and evidence that shows he knows what he's doing for three years on offense.  The biggest comment I read about him is he at least he hasn't lost the locker room yet.  F.  The reason a coach loses the locker room is because he's a jerk or doesn't know what he's doing.  IMIO it's just a matter of time.