OBJ Anyone?

Mongo3451

Let's play devils advocate for a minute, as we've had this argument before regarding T.O. and Brandon Marshall.  How could OBJ be different?  One thing is, he's still elite.

With us having a huge need at WR and being cap tight, we could now get OBJ for 1 mil this year and 13mil the following two.  We are getting ready to lose Arob, who can't shake free anyway.  OBJ comes out of deep breaks like Tyreek Hill and still has game breaking speed.  If he comes in and knows he'll be working with an up and coming Fields, his attitude may become as a mentor.  Also, Fields would absolutely have someone he can chuck it to at any time.  With Fields deep accuracy and Beckham's ability to high point a ball, this combo could be ridiculous.

Let's hear the other side...

13 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

I forgot to mention this from a strategic standpoint.  We could claim him, pay him the million and trade him in the off season for a pick.  And if we are unsuccessful in trade and don't like him, he can be released for zero cap hit.

This. I get it and he is a diva, but he has talent and it’s at a position we need all kinds of help. If it doesn’t work…cut him lose. 

That said - I can’t imagine he is joining the Bears unless him and Fields are right. Got to image in he heads to Pats or Packers or somewhere with a legit qb. Maybe Dallas. 

More info had come out and the salary situation changed from 1 mil to 7.5 mil, plus final two years of his contract voided.  I honestly don't see why they kissed his ass on this.  Also seeing where a lot of the time in his dad's video where Odell was open, he was running improvised routes.  I'm out.