HC Candidates: The List

DABEARSDABOMB

57 minutes ago, adam said:

Got my #2. I still would've preferred Daboll, but now it comes down to the OC.

Yeah - this is one of those I don't know what to think; I'm not overly exstatic but there is no model of what a succesful candidate really is. So many of the best head coaches are very different so it is hard for me to say.  He doens't seem like a Trestman though - so that is a plus, cause I do think people who are total smarty-pants just don't work...whether Trestman or Gase.  Both were very bright offensive minds - but you can't put them in that HC room in a group of alpha's.  It just doesn't work.  

I feel the same way about the 49ers OC - he seems like an interesting OC candidate, but man I just can't picture him leading a bunch of alpha males as a HC.  The Rams OC would excite me quite a bit too.  

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Looks like Daboll to the Giants.  If he’s able to make it work there he’ll be the HC of the year.  Rumor has it the new GM wanted Daboll and ownership wanted Flores.  

Once Schoen went to NY, it was pretty obvious where Daboll would land. With the Giants situation, we will now see who got it right (Schoen/Daboll in NYG) or (Poles/Eberflus in CHI).

1 hour ago, adam said:

Once Schoen went to NY, it was pretty obvious where Daboll would land. With the Giants situation, we will now see who got it right (Schoen/Daboll in NYG) or (Poles/Eberflus in CHI).

I think CHI is in a better position (yes with bias) due to the QB situation.  I think at best Jones is a serviceable backup.  Hey maybe Daboll will try and make a deal for Trubisky?   I’d bet he’d do well with Daboll.