Free agency begins

Stinger226

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

I think, since they are going back to a Tampa 2, that one of these two speedsters will play the Urlacher rangy middle linebacker. And together they will be great in nickel.

I read somewhere that Morrow started out as a safety for the Raiders.  Sounds a lot like Urlacher in that regard. Watching film on him shows he’s a pretty rangy player who doesn’t mind contact.  Roquan is an excellent lateral player (x axis) and Morrow seems to do better on the ‘y axis’.  Will be fun to see them playing together. 

5 minutes ago, McGowan said:

Is Poles taking a nap while everyone else is getting snatched up in UFA? 

Nah, letting the market cool off. There are still a lot of players left. Poles said he was going after Wave 2 and 3.  Teams are releasing a lot of players as well. 

12 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Any interest here?  On a ‘team friendly’ deal if it can be done? Some say he’s got nothing left.  I suppose it would be “six one, half dozen the other” between he or ARob.  

Julio used to be a monster.  Can he stay healthy though?  If he can, it might be worth a shot.  My guess is that he wants to go somewhere he can win for less money...

1 hour ago, Mongo3451 said:

Julio used to be a monster.  Can he stay healthy though?  If he can, it might be worth a shot.  My guess is that he wants to go somewhere he can win for less money...

If he takes a 1 year 6 mil  contract, absolutely. I think A J Green would be more productive.

The only way we'd get him would be to overpay for him. 

No free agent is going to be like yea, let me go freeze my ass off in Chicago to lose.

I believe that, we as bear fans, need to remove the thought process of thinking that any free agent will accept a prove it deal from us when were unable to prove anything as an organization.

6 minutes ago, killakrzydav said:

We either pay to play or draft. Nobody is coming here for the hell of it.

I suppose it all depends on the market and whether they think Chicago is a contender. Don’t know anyone who picked the Bengals to be in the Super Bowl this last year.  It also might come down to how invested the team might be in actually getting him (although at this point common logic suggests Jones probably wouldn’t reciprocate).  Right now TB is probably in the drivers seat (with the return of Brady) or even GB if they can’t make Adams happy.  For what it’s worth our recently acquired RB from Tennessee has weighed in: