Bears Sign Colts DE Al-Quadin Muhammad (2yr 10M) - DE (former Colts)

DABEARSDABOMB

• DABEARSDABOMB changed the title to Bears Sign Colts DE Al-Quadin Muhammad (2yr 10M) - DE (former Colts)
12 minutes ago, Connorbear said:

Solid signing. I'm good with it. I think this could lead to trading Quinn at a later date. 

Peace

Yep - if not its just a solid depth move.  He's still young (25/26) and had 6 sacks last year and knows the system.  I like how he's using his resources - but do want to see wideout and another olinemen addressed via FA.  With Watson getting moved maybe we are about to see some movement on tackle front.  

What little I can find of his highlights he brings ability similar to what we saw from Trevis Gipson last year.  A good player to have in your rotation.   Good enough to get get the trade value out of Quinn if there are any takers.  

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

I think you have to have 3 pass rushers, this rounds it out. You couldn't go into he season with Al-Q  and Gibson. Everyone says they are completely rebuilding but I disagree . I think he's just remaking the roster the way he wants it. Lots of turnover.

It's a deep draft at edge rusher too.

2 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Everyone says they are completely rebuilding but I disagree . I think he's just remaking the roster the way he wants it. Lots of turnover.

Agreed.  I feel like most of the players he’s picking up aren’t necessarily  ‘tier one’ level players but they are young, respectable contributors and don’t cost a lot.  From what I hear this is sorta how Poles built that oline last year.  

3 hours ago, AZ54 said:

It's a deep draft at edge rusher too.

They only have 6 picks and the first 3 need to be Tyler Smith, Christian Watson and Alex Pierce. Then they need a MLB, SS, CB, if not two. A developmental OT, a TE, developmental QB, and a punter.  The point is they don't have enough picks for everything. I guess after 39-48-71, you take BPA and fill what needs you can.

2 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Agreed.  I feel like most of the players he’s picking up aren’t necessarily  ‘tier one’ level players but they are young, respectable contributors and don’t cost a lot.  From what I hear this is sorta how Poles built that oline last year.  

He helped build it by: Orlando Brown cost them a first rd pick in a trade. They used their 2nd on C Creed Humphrey. 6th rd on Trey Smith G and Re-signed Thuney.  It was a costly year, but worth it

2 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Draft needs to be WR, OL, and DB with the first 3 picks.

I'm not sure what consists of a rebuild, but this is what I believe it is.  When you are talking about 4 new receivers, 5 OL, trading your best player, cutting dead weight, adding new DL, etc.  When in doubt, follow the money.  We go into this season with the highest dead cap in the NFL.  That tells that it's not about this year.

I dont think we're playoff contenders but he's remaking the roster to his liking. He is rebuilding it but , I don't think its a 3 or 4 yr redo. I think he thinks he can put together a roster  around Fields that we can win right away. Be contenders in year 2. Bengals went from  4 wins to making it to the SB. Of course, Fields is not Burrow, but I think we could content quickly. If some of his new acquisitions can add to our core players,  we might be good. I know I'm an optimist, but if not now but when?