OL still a desperate need

jason

8 hours ago, jason said:

There is no way this should happen. The franchise pick deserves much better defending him. 

Agree.  Sounds as though Whitehair is due back from IR soon (I honestly forgot he was there).  He’s played C before.   Maybe they should try him there again until they get a suitable option from somewhere else not named Mustipher. 

I've been scanning some draft boards and there are no obvious FA or draft options at Center.  Unless there is a surprise cut of a vet, Poles is going to have to dig deep to find somebody. 

Eiselen looked ok in the preseason but still got walked around a bit (poor leverage) at times.  I wonder if he'll get more comfortable with more practice but most likely that's an option next year.  Physically blocking I don't think he's worse than Mustipher but the mental side with calls and assignments is a different story.  

It's gonna be interesting to see what they think of Patrick going in to next season. I'm still not sure what to think of him as a center. Hopefully the foot thing is a non issue and he can come right back and show us what he has for 10 games. 

RT is definitely in need of an upgrade unless they figure out Leatherwood which would be nice. Jenkins and a figured out Leatherwood on the right side could be nastyyyyy if they live up to their pre draft expectations. 

Borom was the goat against NE, Sam actually played his best game. Jones had an okay day. Leatherwood is going to get decent money, so I would say he will have the option to take the RT spot new year.  Ethan Pocic is a FA next year at 28. He grades out well. Not a lot of high end young talent there. 

On 10/26/2022 at 12:20 PM, AZ54 said:

I've been scanning some draft boards and there are no obvious FA or draft options at Center.  Unless there is a surprise cut of a vet, Poles is going to have to dig deep to find somebody. 

Eiselen looked ok in the preseason but still got walked around a bit (poor leverage) at times.  I wonder if he'll get more comfortable with more practice but most likely that's an option next year.  Physically blocking I don't think he's worse than Mustipher but the mental side with calls and assignments is a different story.  

That's one of the several reasons why it makes so much sense to trade back. Especially this year.

46 minutes ago, jason said:

That's one of the several reasons why it makes so much sense to trade back. Especially this year.

it depends on the timetable for the rebuild. you dont want to become pace and pick not-as-great players in order to fill a roster quickly.

if there is a superstar that can be the core of your team available, you pick him, and if that means limping along at another position with a free agent until you can draft again next year, thats certainly not wrong either. it all depends how the board falls at the time.