Wk 10 Detroit Lions at Chicago Bears

AZ54

2 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

the cover 2 scheme is sound, we just dont have the players. we have no pass rushers for one.

I agree, with the cover two you need a pass rush. The play Johnson got the penalty, he hit the WR at the line of scrimmage which I dont think is normal for the Cover 2. Am I wrong about that? The D actual improved against the run. Williams and Swift are not a lousy pair. The D will get better as the frontline get more of a pass rush, whether you need to do that with blitzing or just the ends. One problem in this game is the Lions are a physical team (like us) and we are not use to that. It caused use to commit penalties, were out of sycn. Johnson didnt play well, he had some injury designation all week. I dont know if that affected him. Once again bad refs come into play again. They seem to be at critical times. I dont think this changes until we start winning and get them more in or favor. The Claypool call last week may have given us a victory or not but the penalties in this game took the win out of our hands. I didnt like losing to the Lions but the lost puts us closer to being able to draft Jaylon Carter that will transcend our Defense. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw somewhere else someone questioning the idea of sitting Harry over Pringle for this last game.  Pringle has the edge in total yards (by one) but Harry has a TD and not any dropped passes that I recall(?).  And Pringle just got back from IR.  Hindsight being what it is, seems Harry should’ve gotten the nod. 

Then there’s this:  

1 hour ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

I saw somewhere else someone questioning the idea of sitting Harry over Pringle for this last game.  Pringle has the edge in total yards (by one) but Harry has a TD and not any dropped passes that I recall(?).  And Pringle just got back from IR.  Hindsight being what it is, seems Harry should’ve gotten the nod. 

Then there’s this:  

I think the reality is - it is going to take until the bye week until Claypool gets more integrated.  He is just going to be limited in his route tree. Fact that Pringle is in the same boat - the combined factor there is tougher. Pringle at least knows the playbook - that said - timing and rapport etc is not as good.  

This will take time - but lets hope Fields can continue to ascend and than we see continued ascension each quarter of the season. 

16 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

I think the reality is - it is going to take until the bye week until Claypool gets more integrated.  He is just going to be limited in his route tree. Fact that Pringle is in the same boat - the combined factor there is tougher. Pringle at least knows the playbook - that said - timing and rapport etc is not as good.  

This will take time - but lets hope Fields can continue to ascend and than we see continued ascension each quarter of the season. 

I was going to say this exact same thing. When Claypool is ready, I'm SURE they will want him out there.