How many trade downs is too much?

jason

1 hour ago, jason said:

I don't like any mock that ignores OT and/or OG. There absolutely, positively has to be more OL focus if the Bears are going to protect their franchise player.

I get it but , I try to project what I think Poles is going to do. I think he adds a OT high but an IOL will not be until later. I doubt he will constantly be doing a new draft every year and discard his picks from the year before. 

B Jones will be given another year to see if he is the answer. We have yet to J Carter and E Kramer play . He will draft a OT that play RT but could slide to LT if Jones fails.  If Paris Johnson is the BPA on his board at time of pick he will take him but he ain't reaching for anyone with his first few picks.

5 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

WOW I just saw this on YouTube - apparently Pace let his grading info slip and we can see what attributes he prizes most for each position, and his scores on Fields, Claypool and Velus Jones Jr. This is huge info that will help us to predict what hes gonna do.

I look at all of Swiftys stuff. I like his positive attitude towards the Bears.

3 hours ago, AZ54 said:

I'm guessing this should be Dontayvion Wicks and Keion White.  Both of them should be on our radar.   Just a WAG here but in this highlight Wicks compares favorably to Romeo Doubs who I liked as a Day 3 pick last year.  Of course GB liked him there too.  Wicks is much bigger and stronger and has some long stride speed.  He doesn't seem to separate well though.   

Keion White I'm higher on.  Big strong DE who appears to have the hustle we want but can also bend well around the edge.   His highlights are almost all against high level teams which bodes well.   On one play he's downfield in tight coverage on the RB.   

My tablet keeps wanting to say Deion instead of K. Poles and Cunningham only went to 3 live college games, he had to target those players. Keion is 6-5 286 with big hands and long arms. He's got 40 pressures, 4 QB hits and 7 sacks . I see Poles drafting him with pick 101 with his 4.69 speed. The combine will make more teams notice him.

5 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Ryan Pace? I know, i know....

Interesting that 2 of his 3 top offensive guys didn't play much.  Next season they become league leaders?

Also, what he looks for...height/arm length makes me question Peter Skoronski being a target, his arms will come up on the shorter end.

lol oops!

8 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

PFF mocks aren't realistic, they have Tillman available at 137? He ain't getting out of the second round. I've been mocking on PFN, they screw up to thou , they have T Tuipulotu down around 110 ranking. 

You're right on PFF.  One thing I do like is that you can trade for players alongside picks.  Look at the draft I posted earlier in this thread and you'll see I got Quentin Nelson and Michael Thomas.  PFF value system is way off.

Skoronski dominated from the first day in the door at Northwestern, even as an undergrad. His grandfather is an ex-NFL OT, so he has it in his DNA. He has been an elite pass blocker who only allowed 5 sacks in 2381 snaps (1 every 476 snaps) and was a starter since he was a freshman (18 yrs old). 

Most draft sites have him as the top ranked OL and a top 5 prospect. I haven't seen him past #2 OL and #10 overall.

Proximity to Halas Hall make scouting him (talking with coaches, etc) much easier and more thorough.

8 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

You're right on PFF.  One thing I do like is that you can trade for players alongside picks.  Look at the draft I posted earlier in this thread and you'll see I got Quentin Nelson and Michael Thomas.  PFF value system is way off.

That is cool , I never seen that before in the simulations I have done.

30 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

That is cool , I never seen that before in the simulations I have done.

As much as a don't always agree with PFF as some of their evals are complete BS, their mock draft simulator is arguably the best one out there with realistic trades including rostered players. I guess they use their PFF score to give players values for trades. Very cool.

On 1/6/2023 at 10:12 AM, Connorbear said:

What are your thoughts on Skoronski? 

Peace

I like him a lot, but all the whispers about being better suited for OG (i.e. short arms) worry me. I'd honestly rather pass on him, get more picks, and get Paris Johnson.

3 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

Lots of  OTs as second and third round prospects after the first two first rounders. Doubt he takes one with the first pick. 

I agree.  We need a right tackle, which is less of a premium.  We struck gold in the 5th round with Braxton.  He'll do nothing but get better.  Finding a RT and center is imperative this year, followed closely with OG.

1 hour ago, Mongo3451 said:

I agree.  We need a right tackle, which is less of a premium.  We struck gold in the 5th round with Braxton.  He'll do nothing but get better.  Finding a RT and center is imperative this year, followed closely with OG.

I think he is going to spend big on a free agent tackle. Orlando Brown. And he will spend big on a guy like Payne. 

From there I see more modest signings - hence my Even Engram or a Saquon / Brandon Jacobs. 

Draft a center in 2nd round and than if you like a guard or tackle great but I am than okay rolling with Jenkins/Whitehair at guard (Borom as back up) and Brown and Jones as tackles and the rookie center (if there is one that grades out). You still have Patrick as a back up center too. 

1 hour ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

I think he is going to spend big on a free agent tackle. Orlando Brown. And he will spend big on a guy like Payne. 

From there I see more modest signings - hence my Even Engram or a Saquon / Brandon Jacobs. 

Draft a center in 2nd round and than if you like a guard or tackle great but I am than okay rolling with Jenkins/Whitehair at guard (Borom as back up) and Brown and Jones as tackles and the rookie center (if there is one that grades out). You still have Patrick as a back up center too. 

I think Poles won't wait for a couple draft picks on there learning curve. I think he brings in 2 vets to stabilize the OL right now. I think Jenkins still has questions, he had back problems and now with his neck. But he still has Patrick if healthy can replace Jenkins if he don't work out. I think Whitehair stays this yr unless J Carter is ready to play. He has Patrick and Kramer to back up at OC.